I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Spring Break is a pathetic 2 days. The Fri and Mon at Easter since it is state mandated. Can’t wait until next year with private school and having an actual Spring Break. Although we might not be able to afford to travel with the expense of tuition.

DD was in private school from 2nd-8th grade. I used to say the time attended was inversely proportional to amount spent so by the time she was in 8th grade they had time off for everything:rolleyes:. So, you may well get your wish!

DD was in private school from 2nd-8th grade. I used to say the time attended was inversely proportional to amount spent so by the time she was in 8th grade they had time off for everything:rolleyes:. So, you may well get your wish!
Oh my goodness, this is so true. One of the private schools here that a lot of kids we know go to is constantly off school. I swear. It's crazy. I have to complete x number of days as a homeschooler, which about the same as the public school kids in our state, but these private school kids must have a much smaller number of required contact days. They close every time there is a flake of snow, any kind of holiday, etc. Yet, they start later than the public schools and get out at about the same time. They have all the same breaks + some.

Wow! It was the opposite here. The public schools had 1 half day every week and so many days off, and my DD was in school all the time, no half days, longer days, etc. I'm not sure how it's all decided, but we had a tough time traveling with her when she was in school, esp. HS (but at that point the tuition meant we couldn't travel anyway). I will say that her friends in one of the private HSs seemed to have more time off than school days.

Oh my goodness, this is so true. One of the private schools here that a lot of kids we know go to is constantly off school. I swear. It's crazy. I have to complete x number of days as a homeschooler, which about the same as the public school kids in our state, but these private school kids must have a much smaller number of required contact days. They close every time there is a flake of snow, any kind of holiday, etc. Yet, they start later than the public schools and get out at about the same time. They have all the same breaks + some.

In NY any schools that get state aid have to be in school a certain number of days....my kids for HS went to a private prep school on a full ride because the school wanted them for ice hockey...since the school didn’t get state aid they were off a lot more than the public and catholic schools.....may work the same where you live

When I wanted a couple ADRs 2 years ago, I couldn’t get either no matter when I checked. I was checking from the parks and hotel up until 11 pm night before and then morning of. I rarely make ADRs but last year made 4 which we decided was too many. I never have luck with last minute ADRs
We’ve never had luck with last minute adrs either. Now FPS we’ve had pretty good luck with

Funny, we are doing the opposite, private school for 8th-12th. I’ve already been checking out their calendar for this year. They have late start Wed every week where they go an hour later but get out at the same time. They do start school a week earlier than the public school but get out a week before the public schools. They don’t have off for the Jewish holidays though. I am most looking forward though to no PARCC testing. DS’s major complaint is learning just to take a test and then it’s just test after test because they have county assessments, days and days of PARCC testing. It’s just utterly ridiculous.

If you were to apply for the SW 50,000 point offer from the flight link would you use the one on DOC or one posted on Reddit? The landing pages look different for each link which makes me nervous!

If you were to apply for the SW 50,000 point offer from the flight link would you use the one on DOC or one posted on Reddit? The landing pages look different for each link which makes me nervous!
Ugh..unsure they should be the same..but I think I’d trust DOC over random reddit posters links

Ugh..unsure they should be the same..but I think I’d trust DOC over random reddit posters links

im the opposite because redditors do post if they were successful or not. im not sure if DoC link has ppl commenting that.

In NY any schools that get state aid have to be in school a certain number of days....my kids for HS went to a private prep school on a full ride because the school wanted them for ice hockey...since the school didn’t get state aid they were off a lot more than the public and catholic schools.....may work the same where you live
Sure wish I got state aid since I have to do the same number of school days as those who get state aid :rolleyes:

im the opposite because redditors do post if they were successful or not. im not sure if DoC link has ppl commenting that.
My thought was what if someone just posted a link for their card where they got the referral credit....by the time anyone knows your out of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter