I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a very rare instance of ppl stealing off wifi... your best defense would be to just buy a VPN. this will secure all data between u and the VPN company. I have my dad do this when he travels.
Is that some sort of device?

So I thought Dh canceled the order but he said he didn’t. Dh thinks the person realized our card is saved to our account and it’s only allowed to ship to our address so he thinks they cancelled right after because of that. I’m still wondering how someone got on his account. His password isn’t easy to guess
I've had this happen with my Walmart account too, except it was set for store pickup. I assumed it was in inside job.

1Mfyay2.jpg

stalking the UPS guy with my rose gold card! :P who else does this!?

Thats cool! Is it on an app? I really can't seem to keep up with technology anymore.

Got caught up in the AMEX staples chargebacks. They caught that DH got credit for both his own biz card plus his employee card attached to my account :headache: So far they're at $65, but we pretty much maxed it on both cards. Ah well, mainly I'm annoyed because I thought we were in the clear by now.

So remind me...they claw back from employee accounts too or just multiple accounts for the same account holder?

My thought was what if someone just posted a link for their card where they got the referral credit....by the time anyone knows your out of luck
pretty sure DoC links are from reddit haha. I didnt search the comment section on DoC though, i just now the SW reddit link thread has ppl always commenting that it works.

Is that some sort of device?
its usually an app + service. does cost a few bucks a month though but it keeps your data secured on public wifi.

My thought was what if someone just posted a link for their card where they got the referral credit....by the time anyone knows your out of luck
It’s probably worth noting that a lot of DoCs info comes from r/churning. Many of his commenters are the same folks from reddit. Reddit has better follow up usually too.

EDIT: Basically I agree with what @Albort said haha. Didn’t see his comment until after I said this :)

It’s seriously very similiar in color. More like a pink hue only.

I saw a couple youTube videos and it seems like I may like it....its not far off from the gold, which I am really not a fan of honestly. I feel like I may like this one. Also surprised to see it had changed in Apple Wallet already.

This is an incredibly random post, but I just noticed that Discover has lots of card designs again. Last time I'd looked they just had a few colors, the mixtape, and NHL teams. Now they have dogs :goodvibes :rotfl: I am pretty sad that I can't get my NE Huskers card like I had pre-chip card. I actually signed up through a mail offer with that specific card :rotfl: Anyways, I feel like some people here talked about getting the different designs/colors, and mainly I want to get away from the textured that the regular blue card has, so I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on other designs and if they are normal/smooth. I want to switch DHs out because the texture does not lend itself well to his card labels :laughing:

I have a collection of about 10 different colored Discover cards...newest one is Ruby red. let me tell you...I am in :lovestruc with the color. It is also smooth which will work for your label system. Stands out nice in the wallet!

Side note...I also have every design of the Disney Visa. :rolleyes1

Thanks...not knowledgeable about either as you can tell
No worries :) I didn’t realize it either for awhile and then I was DoC’s source for a couple of articles and I’m like “ummmm how am I the source??” Then I realized what was happening.

Of course DoC is good to filter out what makes sense and doesn’t and rarely posts bad info.

However a good example of what we are talking about was when doc posted about Disney and URs. The first post of them going away, I was one of the sources. Then he posted more recently that they came back from some blog and we all proved it wrong and he edited the title and retracted some of the article lol.

Last edited:
Definitely! We have all cards on three accounts (teens share one) and I can almost always get the Amex deals 3x.
thx! so did you just set them up their own login? I read upthread something about having the employee card on the same log in is a problem.

Off Topic--I'm planning a conference in Orlando and going down in a few weeks to visit Marriott Grande Lakes, Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek, and Hilton Orlando (plus visiting my parents in Napless--maybe I'll get them to figure out how to maximize their Amex Platinum and Gold benefits!). At our conference this year which was held in Virginia horse country, we rented a bus one night and went to a really casual local winery. It was great because everyone got to unwind and network. Really low key and fun. Also, it was considerably cheaper than staying at the resort where the conference was held and doing a wine tasting. We want to do something similar in Orlando but it's such a different area I am at a loss. Looking for casual and intimate. Any fun but low-key suggestions?

ETA-The conference will be in mid-November.

There is Lakeridge Winery in Clermont, close enough for a bus ride - I’ve heard great things about this place, I’ve yet to go myself though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter