I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a letter today about the Disney card. I have the regular Disney card in a sock drawer. They offered to upgrade it to the 'fee' card for me. They would waive the $49 for the first year and my benefit would be earning Disney $'s at 2%.

I originally had both cards and closed my fee one a while back.

Well, can't blame them for trying.
I cringe every time I get that offer since you know people take them up on it :(

I'd say it all depends on whether you are planning to become "one of us" or not. For a churner-light (i.e. Someone looking to get 2-3 cards a year) the Disney card is a fine option with a nice $200'statement credit. If you're planning to get into the game deeper than that you may find that it's a poor use of your limited card slots.
I am trying get into the game. I probably start watching this thread last year as a procrastination method from grad school. Well now that i am done i can focus more. I just got the CSP , citi aadvantage,and amex preferred this year so I kind of hit my three.

As others said if you are interested in more credit cards pass due to 5/24.

Ok, so fine point- credit card doesn't accumulate any cashback, it accumulates Disney Rewards Dollars which are only good for Disney purchases, they are like a Disney gift card. Mine was sock drawered after getting the bonus & used for Disney trip discounts only for this reason. The main reason to get the credit card is the bonus: $200 statement credit after $500 spend. You can only get that via referral so ideally someone you know might already have the credit card because when you use their referral link they'll get $100 Disney Rewards dollars. If you don't know anyone you can find a link in our group on Reddit, message @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort to get hooked up. Everyone is welcome :)

Just don't mix the regular no fee Disney credit card with the Disney premier card as that has a similar $200 for $500 offer (no referral necessary) but has a $49 annual fee!

If you don't plan on hitting much up in the way of credit cards (4 others) in the next 24 months, can use a credit card responsibly, and want to spend $500 for the $200 bonus the credit card is for you. If you say no to any of the above go with the debit version!
I should of ask here before i just spent over $200 at the Disney store. I would of been close to the bonus. Now since this through Chase does it rank up extra CB by using the portal to shop inline or no it is totally separate from one another

it does when i used it. use CSP with MPX @ boston market. codes 2x.

I don’t know... I’ve honestly been using MPX with Amex for everything for so long I’d have to dig back for a personal DP. I guess last summer, when the CF quarterly bonus was for restaurants and movie theaters, I used the CF with MPX for an AMC gift card and earned 5x UR. I don't think MPX earns a bonus on CSP/CSR because MPX codes as "travel," because I've used my CSR with MPX for a Starbucks gift card ("dining"), earned 3x UR, and for West Elm (furniture? home decor?), but earned only 1x UR. (If MPX coded as "travel," we should earn 3x UR on CSR regardless of merchant.)

That's strange because United essentially encourages you to double dip in the MPX FAQ:

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/help/faq/mileageplus-x.html

I guess I would suggest doing a small test purchase (~$10) to see how certain merchants code with different Chase credit cards. Transactions post pretty quickly to the Chase account and you'll be able to see the points pending to figure out if a bonus is triggered.

I have only used it once and it did code correctly. I used my CSR on MPX buying a restaurant GC, so I haven't tried it with any bonus categories on CF.

Thanks for the responses. I’m another who has pretty much exclusively been using my Amex Platinum on MPX for the last several months. Hoping that continues, but if not, I’ll test out some smaller purchases with different Chase cards via MPX to make sure the benefits carry through. And thumbs up on the encouragement by United to double dip. I’ll experiment with that too. I’m already a devoted portal user, so definitely want to get as much out of it as I can.

Still catching up on tons of posts after being away from the Dis for about a week. DH and I flew out for a really fun first trip to Vegas last Friday. We returned on Tuesday and I headed to urgent care to address what I thought was a sinus infection and possibly respiratory infection. However, to my surprise, I tested positive for the flu. It definitely kicked my butt and I'm just now getting to where I can get out of bed for more than a few hours.

We generally use a regional airport here (Lafayette, New Orleans is a bit too far)

You must be somewhere near our area. We are actually about evenly split between the Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans airports.

Last edited:
Still catching up on tons of posts after being away from the Dis for about a week. DH and I flew out for a reamolly fun first trip to Vegas last Friday. We returned on Tuesday and I headed to urgent care to address what I thought was a sinus infection and possibly respiratory infection. However, to my surprise, I tested positive for the flu. It definitely kicked my butt and I'm just now getting to where I can get out of bed for more than a few hours.

That sucks, especially after a nice trip, but glad you've turned the corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter