I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it depends on your 5/24 status. Most of the cards(i think) u are talking about are personal cards. I would try to hit the chase cards first within the first 2 years(varies on your 5/24 status), after that, u can hit other cards without worrying
for citi, theres also another interesting card u can try to push one of your cards to. its called like the AT&T access more card. Its got a 3x on online purchases that earns TYP points. Would be a cool card to use. As for prestige, the non-existing signup bonus makes it quite a lackluster. According to DoC, it seems like its getting revamped again, hopefully for the better.

Yes, if u double dip Sapphire cards, u will only get 1 pull. if u want to hit another chase card, its best to wait 6 months. you can change your CSP after a year. you can however downgrade it to a Chase Sapphire and then to a freedom card, but its wise to keep it for a year so u stay on Chase's good side.

For JetBlue, i think there is a biz card u can get. u should try to get that one to preserve ur 5/24 until u decide to get out of it.

Sorry, I should I have mentioned I am 0/24. My last personal card was the Disney Premier Visa in Jan/Feb 2016. I got a corporate Amex through work Feb 2017, but that should hopefully not affect my situation.

If I did the double Sapphire Chase cards and then decided on the Ink Preferred, should I also wait the 6 months? I have to look into the JetBlue business card. It just pains me to pay baggage fees and the Blue Plus fare (includes 1 bag) went from $15 to $23 more.

I just looked up the AT&T card. That seems like a decent option if Citi will change one of my accounts over!

A few things: If you have a mortgage, car payment etc. you can use Plastiq to pay that bill with your credit cards to help you meet the MSR for the bonus. Yes, it does incur a fee, but often worth the fee when trying to meet the spend on a new card since the bonus for the new card is so much greater.

UR points may not directly transfer to Jet Blue but you can still use your points to pay for the flight beyond the travel credit. I picked some random dates in November on Jet Blue flying JFK - MCO. The RT price was $253. The cost with Jet Blue points was 19,700 True Blue points. Now you can use your $300 travel credit on the CSR to take that flight immediately and it would be covered. Let's say you need to take a similar flight for similar pricing a few months later after you have made the spending requirements for your double dip. You would have 54,000 UR points in your Sapphire Preferred and 54,000 (worth $675 @1.25 pp) in the Sapphire Reserve (worth $810 @1.5 pp). You transfer your Preferred points into your Reserve account so they too can be worth $810. Now you have 108,000 UR points worth $1620.00. You can purchase your Jet Blue flight through the UR portal. It will cost you 16,867 UR points. This is still less points than the Jet Blue card. You will also earn points faster on UR cards than you would a Jet Blue card. Jet Blue is 3x on Jet Blue flights purchased. CSR is 3x on all travel. Jet Blue is 2x on dining. CSR is 3x on dining. Jet Blue points can only be used on Jet Blue. CSR can be used to purchase just about any flight or hotel or cruise. If you product change your CSP to a no fee Sapphire and then Freedom card like @Albort suggested after a year then you can earn UR points at 5x on quarterly bonuses. If you are going to go for a business card, I'd still go for the Chase Ink Preferred over the Jet Blue business card. The 85,000 UR after spend is worth $1062.50 and transferred to a CSR account it is worth $1275. Hope this helps.

I have heard of Plastiq, but need to research it more. That seems like a helpful way to get the rewards.

So while it may not maximize the points as an airline partner, I can still use the UR points to book other travel like JetBlue. I do fly SW when it is a feasible option. Nothing against United, I just typically find better rates with the other airlines. I only have access to the Citi points system since my only Chase card right now is Disney, but are the posted prices through Chase similar to the actual airline websites? Say I watch for the best airfare in my JetBlue app, I can just go into the Chase portal and book for that "price" and use the UR points? Can I also use the UR points to book for other people on my itinerary and not just myself? Definitely helpful, thank you!

I see the benefits and the CIP would be the first Chase

Agree do the Chase cards first. If you do both Sapphires same day you apply for one and then use a different browser to open the other application and apply. You have to do it like that since Chase doesn’t want you to have two Sapphires. I think you have to be about a year but then you can downgrade the Preferred to a no annual fee Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.

If you are ok with business cards all the Chase UR cards need to be attempted to get before you are 5/24.

As to the Citi cards I don’t have any but my thought is you could call and talk to them. See what they would offer. I agree if they are your oldest cards you don’t want to cancel.

I will definitely do that. No stranger to the incognito browsing. I typically view MDE this way since it never works right in my regular browser lol

It is my understanding that the Chase business cards require you to be under 5/24 when you apply, but they do not actually count against the 5/24. So in my current state if I opened the double Sapphires, I would be at 2/24, then say 6 months later (is that the typical wait time for another Chase app even business?) I apply for the CIP. It would verify my 2/24, pass, but I would still be at 2/24?

If I do end up with 3 Chase cards I doubt my Citi cards will see much activity, it just bothers me how little they are doing for me haha. I have one small recurring charge on the Thank You card just to keep it active and I use the regular cash back as my primary card since I do not have any better options. I want to call and speak about what can be offered to me without becoming a new account. If my Thank You Preferred can become a Thank You Premier with the current promo, I would definitely take that! My Forward card was just automatically changed because it was an old college card that was phased out. I bet they will say I do not qualify since I already have a Thank You card and I do not want to call their bluff and cancel since it has been open so long. Maybe I will get lucky and get a nice person.

Sorry, I should I have mentioned I am 0/24. My last personal card was the Disney Premier Visa in Jan/Feb 2016. I got a corporate Amex through work Feb 2017, but that should hopefully not affect my situation.

If I did the double Sapphire Chase cards and then decided on the Ink Preferred, should I also wait the 6 months? I have to look into the JetBlue business card. It just pains me to pay baggage fees and the Blue Plus fare (includes 1 bag) went from $15 to $23 more.

I just looked up the AT&T card. That seems like a decent option if Citi will change one of my accounts over!

I have heard of Plastiq, but need to research it more. That seems like a helpful way to get the rewards.

So while it may not maximize the points as an airline partner, I can still use the UR points to book other travel like JetBlue. I do fly SW when it is a feasible option. Nothing against United, I just typically find better rates with the other airlines. I only have access to the Citi points system since my only Chase card right now is Disney, but are the posted prices through Chase similar to the actual airline websites? Say I watch for the best airfare in my JetBlue app, I can just go into the Chase portal and book for that "price" and use the UR points? Can I also use the UR points to book for other people on my itinerary and not just myself? Definitely helpful, thank you!

I see the benefits and the CIP would be the first Chase

I will definitely do that. No stranger to the incognito browsing. I typically view MDE this way since it never works right in my regular browser lol

It is my understanding that the Chase business cards require you to be under 5/24 when you apply, but they do not actually count against the 5/24. So in my current state if I opened the double Sapphires, I would be at 2/24, then say 6 months later (is that the typical wait time for another Chase app even business?) I apply for the CIP. It would verify my 2/24, pass, but I would still be at 2/24?

If I do end up with 3 Chase cards I doubt my Citi cards will see much activity, it just bothers me how little they are doing for me haha. I have one small recurring charge on the Thank You card just to keep it active and I use the regular cash back as my primary card since I do not have any better options. I want to call and speak about what can be offered to me without becoming a new account. If my Thank You Preferred can become a Thank You Premier with the current promo, I would definitely take that! My Forward card was just automatically changed because it was an old college card that was phased out. I bet they will say I do not qualify since I already have a Thank You card and I do not want to call their bluff and cancel since it has been open so long. Maybe I will get lucky and get a nice person.

Plastiq is especially good for the CIP since it is 3 times UR.

I am a Delta hostage so not sure about UR’s and the airlines. I use Amex for miles for Delta. Others will have to chime in. I know when I played with it the prices on UR were the basic economy fares.

You are right about the Chase business cards. You have to be under but they don’t count in the 5/24 count.

I’m not sure about Citi but I was able to downgrade my Capital One Venture to a no fee Quicksilver when I called and talked to them. So maybe they could do something similar.

ANA usually requires RT. Still call Virgin, they may be able to hold your ticket.

aww, my state farm takes Apply pay but no paypal. :(
Okay hopefully they can hold one for us. We have enough points for one way so maybe they would let it slide. I’ll call when I get the chance. I just don’t want to get stuck going in June

I am a Delta hostage so not sure about UR’s and the airlines. I use Amex for miles for Delta. Others will have to chime in. I know when I played with it the prices on UR were the basic economy fares.

So, fellow Delta hostage (actually more than I am!)...I read this last night...

One reason why it’s a good idea to build a stash of UR points and have a card like the CSR that can redeem the points at 1.5x value is your DeltaOne example. Now, I’m not a Delta flyer, but I understand they call Delta miles SkyPesos because it can take a lot of them to redeem for an award flight. Your 1 million SkyPesos award ticket has to have a cash value. Instead of trying to sign up for however many cards (I doubt you could sign up for enough cards that even gets you close to 1 million SkyPesos), you could use UR points to book that ticket as a cash fare through the UR portal for a more reasonable amount of points, and having a CSR makes your UR points worth 50% more (or, check my math, 66% off if you value 1 UR at just 1 cent.)

I’ll quote @calypso726 ’s example about buying a Delta first-class ticket with 181k UR points rather than shelling out 700k SkyPesos:

...freaked out and thought "have I been wasting my URs when I could be booking Delta with them...acccckkkk?"

So...put in the dates/flights (a year early) I've been playing with (and basing my I need 1.4 MILLON MRs/Skypesos on). Two things:

I was able to pull up four categories on the advanced search were: basic economy, premium economy, business and first. So while DL labels it Delta One, UR labels it business so fyi.
I have a CSP so the UR requirement for a $7,025 ticket was 591,--- UR and on the CSR (DH's) was 56-,---. This is a savings so please know that it IS a savings AND business/DL one can be found...that's the win. DH and I are planning an OZ/NZ trip in either 2020 or 2021 so what ever the prices is times two is how I worked the numbers.( MRs transfer as $0.01 and DL values pay with miles at $0.01 as well so 7000x2 is $14000 times 100 for MR/SkyMiles goals. If I price it out with skymiles RT/pp is 980,000!)

That said, between my horrible four hours on hold with no resolution with UR/Expedia rep and @ski_mom latest DP there's no way in H-E-- I'd trust such an investment (1.08 or 1.02 million UR) to their customer service dept. Not saying that Delta is that much better (although as a platinum, well, it is for me) and Amex is a wild card but I know what hasn't been.

I don't want to discourage you from using MRs for Delta...which is why I started this long and rambling post :) Just be aware and informed. My DH is a hugely reluctant P2 (as in approved ONE card-CSR- in Jan of 2017). I ran the numbers by him and he was like, no way, 1.4 million is a good goal ( :rolleyes: easy for him to say since I'm doing all the work, right?). Okay, so we continue to work on MRs at my house (primarily).

Again, I think this shows why no one is right or wrong in this game...what works for one person won't work for another...there ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys scenario.

Okay, off to enjoy the only day of sun this week :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for that thoughtful reply! I have decided to continue the UR game and wait until 1/2019 to apply for the CIP for the 80k bonus. I think I should apply for that same card now for my husband, since he is at 4/24, correct? I think he'll let me do it. He is in IT and has done a lot of consulting in the past so I think we could do it without stretching things too much. I like your UR / Delta first class example and also we do go to WDW a lot and I could also use the URs for Disney hotels, correct? We use my husband's CSR for nearly everything, along with the SPG Amex. If he gets the CIP we'll use that plus the CSR for everything moving forward.

Sound good? Should I apply now for husband's CIP?

I’ve crossed off the cards/upgrades on your lists that don’t count against 5/24.

Barclay Jetblue Dec-17
Chase Sapphire Preferred Jan-18
Chase Sapphire Reserve Jan-18
S̶P̶G̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶x̶ ̶B̶u̶s̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶ ̶1̶8̶
̶
Chase Marriott Premier May 18

Based on the list above, your DH is 4/24.

C̶h̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶S̶a̶p̶p̶h̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶P̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶J̶u̶l̶-̶1̶6̶
̶
Bank of America MC Dec-16
Barclay Jetblue Nov-17
Chase United MPE Nov-17
S̶P̶G̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶x̶ ̶B̶u̶s̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶N̶o̶v̶-̶1̶7̶
̶
Chase Marriott Dec-17
Chase Unlimited Dec-17
C̶h̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶r̶i̶o̶t̶t̶ ̶P̶r̶e̶m̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶P̶l̶u̶s̶ ̶(̶U̶p̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶)̶ ̶M̶a̶y̶ ̶1̶8̶
H̶i̶l̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶x̶ ̶B̶u̶s̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶M̶a̶y̶-̶1̶8̶
̶

Based on your list, you are 5/24.

Your BofA MasterCard turns 24 months in December, and you can safely assume it’ll “drop off” your 5/24 count by January 2019, brining you down to 4/24. As you can see, your next oldest cards don’t age past 24 months until December 2019. So if you want to get under 5/24 and be eligible for Chase UR cards again, it’s VERY IMPORTANT not to add any new cards that will show up on your credit reports between now and January 2019, or else you’ll push out getting under 5/24 to at earliest December 2019. That means generally avoiding personal cards and sticking to only business cards for now. Before you apply for a business card (or any card), run it by us first, because as you know every card and each issuer has their own rules and we want to make sure you qualify for that card and it won’t affect your long-term plans.

For you:

1. You should call Chase at the number on the back of your CSP and ask to “product change” your CSP to a no-fee Chase Freedom. Your husband already has a CSP, and there’s no point in your household having 2 CSPs and for you to pay a $95 annual fee. It looks like you opened your card in July two years ago. If your annual fee posted recently, and you product change to the Chase Freedom, you may be able to get that $95 annual fee credited or refunded. Once you receive your Freedom card, go into your Chase account and “Activate” the bonus categories for Q3 on your card.

The Chase Freedom earns 5x UR quarterly bonus categories that change every 3 months. We’re in Q3 through the end of September, when you can earn 5x UR up to $1,500 in purchases (7,500 UR points if you max out the categories) at gas stations, using Lyft, and at Walgreens. The Walgreens category is interesting because they sell a lot of gift cards, so you can use your Freedom to buy gift cards to dozens of retailers and restaurants, and essentially pass on that 5x UR earned to wherever you end up spending those gift cards. For this and next month, your Freedom card earns 5x UR on gas.

UR points aren’t worth much when they’re on a Freedom. You can cash them out at 1 cent per point. But you can’t redeem them for travel or transfer them to Chase’s travel partners. That’s another reason why you should make it a habit to transfer the UR points on your Freedom to DH’s CSR when they post every month. You can transfer UR points between your own cards and among cards in your household. And transferring UR points to DH’s CSR is where they are most useful and valuable.

2. You should consider applying for the Marriott Biz before 8/26/18. Effective 8/26/18, Marriott is putting new restrictions on Chase and Amex cards. See New Restrictions Coming for Marriott and Starwood Credit Card Bonus Approval. As of 8/26/18, you won’t be eligible for the Marriott Biz because you received a welcome bonus on the SPG Biz within the last 24 months. You also won’t be eligible for the SPG Personal card because you currently hold the Marriott Premier Plus credit card. Between which you should go for before 8/26/18, the Marriott Biz seems to be the better option for your long-term plans because (1) the Marriott Biz is not subject to the 5/24 rule – meaning you can get this card even if you are at or above 5/24, and (2) as a business card, it won’t add to your 5/24 count with Chase. If you went for the SPG Personal, it will add another card to your */24 count, taking you to 6/24, and you won’t get under 5/24 again until December 2019.

Note the restriction is already on the Marriott Biz application page:

This bonus is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months. Please note effective 08/26/2018: You may not be eligible for the bonus if you hold, or have previously held, a Marriott International co-branded card issued by a United States credit card issuer.

Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:

(1) are a current cardmember of this business credit card;

(2) were a previous cardmember of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months;

Effective 08/26/2018:

The bonus is also not available to you if you:

(3) are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of the Starwood Preferred Guest® credit card;

(4) are a current or previous cardmember of either the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business or the Starwood Preferred Guest® Luxury credit card, and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or

(5) applied and were approved for the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card, Starwood Preferred Guest Business credit card, or Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury credit card within the last 90 days.

There’s some debate whether this means you won’t get the bonus even if you apply for the Marriott Biz before 8/26/18, if you don’t meet the MSR and trigger the bonus until after 8/26/18 – in other words, whether these new restrictions would apply to whether you get the bonus after 8/26/18. The safest thing to do would probably be to apply for and meet the $3k MSR on the Marriott Biz before 8/26/18. If you don’t want to take this risk of not getting the bonus, then maybe the Marriott Biz is not for you. And that’s totally fine, because there are plenty of other business cards out there.

I’ll follow up with more for your DH. Let me know what you’d like to do about the Marriott Biz before pulling any triggers.

I'm attaching screenshots of a Jetblue flight booked thru the Chase Sapphire Reserve portal (where you get 1.5xUR value) vs Chase Ink Preferred (where you get 1.25xUR value - same as the CSP).

For reference, booking directly thru JetBlue was $352.50 round trip for the exact same itinerary & dates.

upload_2018-8-4_12-55-0.png

upload_2018-8-4_12-55-42.png

Knowing that you can cash out 1 UR = $0.01, you can see the comparable cost is $281.92 with a the CIP, and $234.93 with the CSR. And yes, you can book for others thru the UR portal.

That's a savings of $70.58 (w/ CIP) or $117.57 (w/ CSR) compared to buying on JetBlue with cash. With TrueBlue points it's 22,400 + $11.20 --> 1 TrueBlue pt = $0.015. Interestingly, that looks like the same value you'd get with the CSR portal. The difference being that you could earn 3xUR in bonus categories (travel and dining) with the CSR more easily than with the JetBlue card.

Barclays is not my favorite bank to deal with, and some people do experience more scrutiny when applying for their cards compared to Chase or AMEX, just FYI. I've seen reports that they have more of a 6/24 restriction loosely applied. So if you wanted to apply, you could after your Chase cards.

You're in a great spot for applying for cards. I'll echo others in recommending the CIP first (so it doesn't count against your 5/24 status), then in 31+ days do the double dip on the CSR+CSP. You typically have more than 90 days to complete the spend. I was approved for CIP on 6/26 and have until 10/19 to reach my MSR. A friend of mine got a Southwest card last year on 9/30 and didn't have to complete the spend until 2/15 this year! So just SM them when you get your cards to get a written confirmation of when the spend needs to be completed.

Last edited:

I'm attaching screenshots of a Jetblue flight booked thru the Chase Sapphire Reserve portal (where you get 1.5xUR value) vs Chase Ink Preferred (where you get 1.25xUR value - same as the CSP).

For reference, booking directly thru JetBlue was $352.50 round trip for the exact same itinerary & dates.

View attachment 341352

View attachment 341354

Knowing that you can cash out 1 UR = $0.01, you can see the comparable cost is $281.92 with a the CIP, and $234.93 with the CSR. And yes, you can book for others thru the UR portal.

That's a savings of $70.58 (w/ CIP) or $117.57 (w/ CSR) compared to buying on JetBlue with cash. With TrueBlue points it's 22,400 + $11.20 --> 1 TrueBlue pt = $0.015. Interestingly, that looks like the same value you'd get with the CSR portal. The difference being that you could earn 3xUR in bonus categories (travel and dining) with the CSR more easily than with the JetBlue card.

Barclays is not my favorite bank to deal with, and some people do experience more scrutiny when applying for their cards compared to Chase or AMEX, just FYI. I've seen reports that they have more of a 6/24 restriction loosely applied. So if you wanted to apply, you could after your Chase cards.

You're in a great spot for applying for cards. I'll echo others in recommending the CIP first (so it doesn't count against your 5/24 status), then in 31+ days do the double dip on the CSR+CSP. You typically have more than 90 days to complete the spend. I was approved for CIP on 6/26 and have until 10/19 to reach my MSR. A friend of mine got a Southwest card last year on 9/30 and didn't have to complete the spend until 2/15 this year! So just SM them when you get your cards to get a written confirmation of when the spend needs to be completed.
Thank you! The screenshots definitely help, I appreciate it!

So if I were interested in the CIP, CSR, and CSP, I would do the CIP first, wait at least 31 days, then do the double dip? This would be 2 hard pulls total (one for CIP and then the second on the day of the double dip), and only put me at 2/24?

@PolyRob you have quite a few choices. The CIP paired with plastiq has been great for our family. Earning 3x on so many bills we paid with a check since they dont take credit cards.

With the csr redemption I was able to add baggage to my last flight. To find out how many UR points you need take the price/1.5. So we got a discount on the ticket.

So if I were interested in the CIP, CSR, and CSP, I would do the CIP first, wait at least 31 days, then do the double dip? This would be 2 hard pulls total (one for CIP and then the second on the day of the double dip), and only put me at 2/24?
Yes the CIP doesnt count 5/24

Hi! So after getting bank account help from y’all I read a bunch (and bunch) and have decided to come here for a churning plan! I decided last month i wanted to be smarter with credit cards (never carry debt but have used chase amazon for 5 years as my everyday card....). Below I’m copying where I am and am hoping you can tell me a smart path forward.

A little about my Fam. We fly out of BWI, mostly SW. There’s me and my husband and our 2 little kids (2, 5). We haven’t worried about vacations recently as our baby boomer grandparents on both sides have been fronting vacations for about 10 years. Posting now from our lake house summer vacation. In the last two years I’ve felt a little limited on doing what they want (and being happy it’s free!) but saying no to my own vacation plans since it felt silly to pay OOP when we had such generous grandparents... all that to say my travel goals are few because we still do family vacay. But I’d like to drive the girls to NYC and stay downtown, to fly to Boston to visit college friends, to go to DL or visit Europe in a few years.

Me
Chase Amazon 2002
Target 4/17
Amex blue cash preferred 6/18
Chase ink business preferred 7/18

Spouse
Chase amazon 2002

I just got the chase ink in the mail on Tuesday (used a random link referral from r/churning. I’m sorry I didn’t know better). Seemed like the first everyone was suggesting here and elsewhere. Jumped into the deep end but I figured go big or go home.... Help me Obi Wan Disboardi.

They may not do a second hard pull.

If you're not in too much of a rush, I would get the CIP first. And, ideally wait a 2-3 months before doing the double dip. We've been leary on this board about going too hard too fast with Chase cards due to reports of Chase shutdowns, and Chase has only been getting more strict over the years. Chase has a 2cards/30day rule, so technically you would be ok at 31 days. I did read one blogger state he got a business card first, then got two personal cards at the end of the 30 days but there's more of a risk with that approach.

Once you have the CIP, you'll still be at 0/24 with one hard pull. If you go for the CIP now in early August, then do the double dip in mid October (so you can get those sweet Apple watches) then you would be at 2/24 with two hard pulls total, and still in good shape for other cards (take a break from Chase though, many of us do an AMEX Business card to keep us busy). You could still get the JetBlue if you want then, or a Citi card, just keeping in mind that those are going to add to your x/24 count. Once you're in the UR collecting mode that a lot of us are, you are probably going to want the Freedom (I'd go for this one first) and the Freedom Unlimited which are subject to the 5/24 rule.

Do you have a Player 2 (known around here as P2)? Referring others to cards you have will boost your points balances too.

The tough thing about the Marriott/SPG cards is the small window of opportunity left before 8/26. And there are some on reddit who believe that if the bonus check is going through Marriott, that even if they sign up for a Marriott or SPG card before the rules are in place on 8/26, then Marriott could still deny the bonus when you've hit the MSR after 8/26 if you have one of the disqualifying cards and/or received a disqualifying bonus. (I'm not one of those people.)

The Marriott and SPG cards made it very easy to build up a lot of points, and now that they come with a free night anniversary certificate -- very easy to build almost a week of free stays. As @SouthFayetteFan pointed out, there are 4 current Starriott cards (the Marriott Premier Plus, the Marriott Biz, the SPG personal, and the SPG Biz) and soon to be a 5th before the new rules go into effect on 8/26. Similarly, Hilton has the no fee card, the Ascend, the Aspire, and the Biz that all come with signup bonuses. Hyatt has one card (briefly, you could double dip 2 before Chase discontinued signups for the old one).

But going back to Marriott/SPG, if you don't have any of their cards already, how many applications for new cards could you fit into the next 3 weeks? and MSR in the next 3 months? Because after 8/26, basically, if you get a Chase Marriott card, you're disqualified from getting the Amex SPG card, and vice versa. If you had to get them all, it'd be a crazy 3 weeks. You're at 4/24 -- so it would be something like (1) first, get the 75k Marriott Biz (because of 0/30) [$3k MSR]; then (2) get the 75k Marriott Premier Plus (you can get approved for a personal if you're less than 2/30), which would put you at 5/24 [$3k MSR]; (3) get your pick of 2 SPG credit cards (75k SPG Personal with $3k MSR, 100k SPG Biz with $5k MSR, or rumored 125k SPG Lux with $5k MSR) because you're limited to 2/90 by Amex, which would put you at 6/24 or 7/24.

While you're under 5/24, you could instead go for the CIU for 50k UR and still stay at 4/24, or decide if you want to set yourself or DH up for a double dip.
Thanks @Lain for all the feedback given. I really appreciate how you (& others) put so much thought and effort into helping out with those next steps. This is such a kind community.

That would definitely be a wild and crazy 3 weeks! My plan is to set myself up for a double dip if it's still possible in March 2019 and while waiting I could go for the CIU like you mentioned. Now on to DH, I would like to get a CSR in our household this month but it's unlikely we can pull off a double dip with DH due to the possibility of needing to call in if it goes pending. (his schedule) But it seems such a waste with trying for one if he's not at 4/24, right?

Hi! So after getting bank account help from y’all I read a bunch (and bunch) and have decided to come here for a churning plan! I decided last month i wanted to be smarter with credit cards (never carry debt but have used chase amazon for 5 years as my everyday card....). Below I’m copying where I am and am hoping you can tell me a smart path forward.

A little about my Fam. We fly out of BWI, mostly SW. There’s me and my husband and our 2 little kids (2, 5). We haven’t worried about vacations recently as our baby boomer grandparents on both sides have been fronting vacations for about 10 years. Posting now from our lake house summer vacation. In the last two years I’ve felt a little limited on doing what they want (and being happy it’s free!) but saying no to my own vacation plans since it felt silly to pay OOP when we had such generous grandparents... all that to say my travel goals are few because we still do family vacay. But I’d like to drive the girls to NYC and stay downtown, to fly to Boston to visit college friends, to go to DL or visit Europe in a few years.

Me
Chase Amazon 2002
Target 4/17
Chase ink business preferred 7/18

Spouse
Chase amazon 2002

I just got the chase ink in the mail on Tuesday (used a random link referral from r/churning. I’m sorry I didn’t know better). Seemed like the first everyone was suggesting here and elsewhere. Jumped into the deep end but I figured go big or go home.... Help me Obi Wan Disboardi.

Congrats on your approval! You made a great choice with the CIP. You can transfer to Hyatt hotels or to Southwest or United for flights. You can also hook pretty much anything with the travel portal. Can you handle more than one cards spend at a time? You may just want to meet the spend on that and then go for your next card. If you have a lot of expenses coming up I’d refer your spouse to the CIP.

After the two CIPs id double dip the Sapphire cards and then refer your spouse to those. That should keep you busy for awhile lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter