I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amex keeps bugging me to get the rose gold card! Someone with more common sense than me please make them go away - at least until after Xmas....

But you can self refer for extra points plus the 50k MR! And it is only a $2k minimum spend. Easy peasey after all the at least $5k spends lately. Hoping mine comes tomorrow in the mail. We leave for Disney next Monday. It better come before then!

There are reports of people finding out that their “dining” expenses are not coding 4x on their Amex rose gold cards. Chase’s definition of dining is far more expansive than Amex’s. So,I’d rather get a guaranteed 3x on dining through my CSR than a possible 4x MR on the rose gold card. For this reason alone, plus the fact that other than Canada, I don’t travel internationally, I’m keeping my CSR.

Oh I am keeping my CSR too. I have had places on the CSR not code as dining more than once and not been successful with Chase giving the points. So for me that is not a factor. I do like that the Gold includes grocery stores. Being able to say it is all food is nice...and easier for my DH if I end up gettin him one.

Answers in quote below:

A few thoughts on the fly:

1. Do you have a list of cards opened by you and DH in the past two years, including the month and year?
Me:
Justice card opened 7/1/17

TJ Maxx 6/1/17(It is listed twice, one as lost card and closed. I remember there being an error by the cashier when I set it up. Do you think these will count as two hits on the 5/24?)

Chase Card (Freedom) Opened 5/1/17

Lowe’s 5/1/17 (I think I am an authorized user for this one if it matters.

That is all for me.

DH

Savor 10/1/18

Best Buy 10/1/17

Chase Freedom 5/1/17

Lowe’s 5/1/17

2. Chase Ink cards are subject to the 5/24 rule, in that you have to be under 5/24 to be approved for the Ink cards; but business cards generally, with a few exceptions, don’t report to your personal credit reports and therefore in Chase’s eyes don’t count against their 5/24 rule.

Which Ink card do you/DH have? Chase currently offers 3 Ink cards: the Preferred (“CIP”), Cash (“CIC”), and Unlimited (“CIU”). The cards offer different benefits that might make one better suited than the others for ongoing spend; but from a signup bonus only perspective, the CIP offers the biggest 80k UR signup bonus, with the ability to refer others for 20k UR per approved card, and the CIC and CIU each offer a 50k UR signup bonus.

It is CIP

3. Waikiki hotels on the beach — offhand, I can really only think of the Hilton Hawaiian Village; the Halekulani; the Sheraton Waikiki, which shares a beachfront with the Royal Hawaiian; the Moana Surfrider; and the Outrigger hotels.

That is good to know, thank you!

4. How do you feel about big annual fees? And what if the fees are offset by credits and other benefits?

I am open to it if necessary/worth it in what comes back. I have looked into Sapphire Reserve but I think I would need to think carefully through the timing for the $300 credit. Do you have any experience with this?

5. Are you a member of the DISchurners subreddit? If not, please do consider joining, because we try to keep tips and links to credit card offers on there that you can use to help earn and redeem credit card rewards and support other members with your clicks (and of course, feel free to post your own links too).

I did not know this was a thing! Could you message me a link?

Thanks again so much!!!

Last edited:

There are reports of people finding out that their “dining” expenses are not coding 4x on their Amex rose gold cards. Chase’s definition of dining is far more expansive than Amex’s. So,I’d rather get a guaranteed 3x on dining through my CSR than a possible 4x MR on the rose gold card. For this reason alone, plus the fact that other than Canada, I don’t travel internationally, I’m keeping my CSR.
I checked my AmEx Gold and all of my dining have posted correctly as 4x. And gas even posted as 2x on 106 which was after the change. I haven’t tried it again on gas since that date.

I definitely understand the importance of paying off my current balance, and am going to switch that to a 0% card. I was just thinking I could start earning points on another card by using it for normal expenses and paying it off each month. I appreciate the reminder that planning too far in advance could backfire since there is no guarantee of what will happen to earned rewards in the future. I think I will focus on getting the balance paid off before I get any new cards.
So much good luck!! Look forward to hearing from you when you’re done!!!

I don’t even see this option. Is it under account?
I was just able to place an order on Walmart.com and use chasepay. When you get to step 3 Enter Payment, there will be credit card, gift card, and more. When you click more chasepay will come up. You then log in to your chase account and pick which chase card to use. Hope that helps. I do have an email sent to Walmart and they are trying to find out why chasepay isn't coming up on the Walmart app. I would love to get 5% in store at Walmart for quarter 4!

I have been investigating this further as it won't show up for me either.
The comments in this article show the prob seems to be apple,
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pay-can-now-be-used-in-walmart-pay/
even though most people easily meet the requirements shown here
View attachment 358352

How frustrating since this directly applies to q4.

I am going to go online Walmart.com and buy Walmart gc using chase pay via the website, assuming that still works, and use them in store.

Thanks for this! Never thought of buying a gift card online and then using in store. Do you think you would still get the 2points/dollar from shopping through the portal for gift cards? If so that would be better than just using chasepay in the store. I did just place an order through the portal on walmart.com for a thermos my daughter wanted and successfully used chasepay.

I was just able to place an order on Walmart.com and use chasepay. When you get to step 3 Enter Payment, there will be credit card, gift card, and more. When you click more chasepay will come up. You then log in to your chase account and pick which chase card to use. Hope that helps. I do have an email sent to Walmart and they are trying to find out why chasepay isn't coming up on the Walmart app. I would love to get 5% in store at Walmart for quarter 4!
Fwiw I recall issues using ChasePay at Walmart.com last holiday season. I could only make it work using a certain browser and then I had to flip my laptop to tablet and vertical in order to see the whole page- oy! Ridiculous to see they still don’t have the bugs fixed!

Would be nice if it gets added by Black Friday.

Well I'm checked into my airport hotel. It's decent for "free" and a few hours. Decided to pay for the expensive garage parking at the airport. We have to get up so, so early. I am cursing this 6 a.m. Frontier flight. But just a few hours away from Disney!
Oh please update how your flight goes. I’m still hemming and hawing about possibly flying them one way in December. I’ve been watching sw prices forever and they aren’t budging. And have fun!!

We just dropped $376 at Sam's and it was somewhat painful realizing that we don't have a CF to use :crazy2:. I'm thinking P2 will apply for that in December sometime!

I'm thinking I may have found a non-Disney home for my UR: the Nickelodeon All Inclusive in Punta Cana. It's showing up for me in the UR portal and Southwest flies there! We can tack on 4 nights to our WDW trip next July for approx 150,000 UR. Southwest flies there so we can use RR points and the CP I'm hoping to get early next year. Woo hoo, I'm actually pretty excited about this!

That is my plan for UR as well, my kids have been asking to do an all inclusive and I'm excited to be able to do it on points!

Discover needs to chill out. They send me a DiscoverIT mailer practically every week. It's starting to get a little old. They don't even have my married name on the mailer which I've had for almost 3 years.

Was this a regular Walmart order or grocery pick up?

:offtopic: Help! I just bought e-tickets on UT and I'm so confused! I didn't get the actual tickets, I got what I guess is a pick up form. Does this mean that I have to physically pick them up? Also, it doesn't have an expiration date on it. How do I know when that is?

ETA: I know I sound like a moron in this post, but when I bought e-tickets for DL, they emailed me the actual tickets, so this seems strange. Plus, I just spent $2100 on non-refundable tickets, so there's that.

Last edited:
Here's my ss for premium gas in my area. Valuing stsrriott points at 0.9 cents each. Hope it makes sense, I have oop cost, value of rewards earned, and final cost is oop minus rewards.

View attachment 358364
I dont have the speed pass rewards calculated since I haven't looked into them much. Basically Kroger and murphy are within 5 mins of the house, maverick is out of the way but DH will do it because he feels their gas is better, Sam's is no way unless were shopping there, probably costco too except its 10mins away vs 30mins for Sam's, and exxon is not bad but not most convenient either, and I know DH will not do speed pass without me to run it. This is also the first time gas prices have put exxon ahead of the others for me, before at best it would tie or just be worse because their prices are usually the highest.

How does speed pass work? I see 3pts per dollar on gas, 5pts if paying with speedpass? What is 100pts worth?

Thank you! Usually Speedpass rewards are 3 points per gallon but i got an email offering 6. Not sure if its targeted or not. Odd though - got 8x tonight. No clue why.

Totally forgot about SPG 4x on gas!

:offtopic: Help! I just bought e-tickets on UT and I'm so confused! I didn't get the actual tickets, I got what I guess is a pick up form. Does this mean that I have to physically pick them up? Also, it doesn't have an expiration date on it. How do I know when that is?

ETA: I know I sound like a moron in this post, but when I bought e-tickets for DL, they emailed me the actual tickets, so this seems strange. Plus, I just spent $2100 on non-refundable tickets, so there's that.

For Disney World or Universal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter