I love my DVC!!

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I just have to say what I have been thinking for a while! I am a new owner, purchased AKV in 2016 first DVC trip was this March and another June and now another in November! Crazy.. but it has been so awesome because I was able to invite one of my best friends and her family, 2 small kids who got to visit Disney for the first time! Then I got to take a foster child that we had last summer who we had kept in touch with (he is 6) and we did a split stay at Boulder Ridge and Poly!! My cousin who is more like a sister and loves disney maybe more than me and could never afford to stay at poly or any deluxe was able to enjoy that with me along with my son and hers.. we had an absolute blast!! Now we are staying at SSR for 3 nights, sort of last minute meaning I booked it after our June trip for week of Thanksgiving.. and we are taking more friends who have never been to Disney world.. they went with us in 2015 to DL but the world is the world! And in 2020 I am already planning a huge trip to take my cousin again and her whole family and then some, in a 2bed and 2 studios at AKV to enjoy Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!! So, super excited to be able to share this wonderful magic of Disney with our friends and family and thats why I bought DVC!!

I just got back from my first trip as a DVC member and feel similarly! This one was a friends trip (staying in a 2BR was amazing!), but we have an extended family trip coming up in December and then Princess Half weekend in February. We're really enjoying staying at different resorts and would never stay in a Deluxe otherwise. Who knows if financially it makes sense with buying DVC v. investing the money. All I know is we have so many trips planned and we wouldn't have done it this way otherwise :-)

I just got back from my first trip as a DVC member and feel similarly! This one was a friends trip (staying in a 2BR was amazing!), but we have an extended family trip coming up in December and then Princess Half weekend in February. We're really enjoying staying at different resorts and would never stay in a Deluxe otherwise. Who knows if financially it makes sense with buying DVC v. investing the money. All I know is we have so many trips planned and we wouldn't have done it this way otherwise :-)
I totally agree!! this is all about enjoyment!! And I could never or would never spend the money to stay at poly etc.. just too expensive! I love having more space and being able to take people with us... I have an only child and its so much more fun to take another family etc. Makes it so worth it and I am so glad I am able to do it!

My hubs and I also love our DVC and wish we thought about buying in earlier even though I think at 30 years old (when we bought in), we already have a lot of years to look forward to. We don't stress about hotel discounts and just book where we want to stay. Luckily, we have been able to stay where we want to stay. We own at Poly and love it there so am lucky we picked a home resort we love. Looking to the future, I can't wait until we have a child and can bring my parents/brother along so we can all enjoy Disney as one big family! Even though we don't need more points per say, I'm still eyeing resale contracts lol. My hubs has put his foot down and already said we have enough but I think we can never have enough.

My hubs and I also love our DVC and wish we thought about buying in earlier even though I think at 30 years old (when we bought in), we already have a lot of years to look forward to. We don't stress about hotel discounts and just book where we want to stay. Luckily, we have been able to stay where we want to stay. We own at Poly and love it there so am lucky we picked a home resort we love. Looking to the future, I can't wait until we have a child and can bring my parents/brother along so we can all enjoy Disney as one big family! Even though we don't need more points per say, I'm still eyeing resale contracts lol. My hubs has put his foot down and already said we have enough but I think we can never have enough.
I hear ya.. I love poly!! lucky you bought in so young... we are older but our son is only 10..so many more years of enjoyment... you will love all the years of sharing with your family!

Since purchasing DVC, we have done trips with friends and family that we would have not normally done. We do the same and use our points for them. Next week we have a 2 bedroom for an all adults trip with my wife's cousin and husband.

sp
Since purchasing DVC, we have done trips with friends and family that we would have not normally done. We do the same and use our points for them. Next week we have a 2 bedroom for an all adults trip with my wife's cousin and husband.

So fun!! Love being able to do that.. we just figure out who we would like to invite and offer it up and its been a blast. They usually pay for a nice dinner for us while we are there or something but we are just happy to be able to have friends and family join us. I think if we had 2 children we may not do this as much... but with an only child it really does make more fun for everyone.. and it really is nice to be able to take people you know would not be able to go without some help!

I just have to say what I have been thinking for a while! I am a new owner, purchased AKV in 2016 first DVC trip was this March and another June and now another in November! Crazy.. but it has been so awesome because I was able to invite one of my best friends and her family, 2 small kids who got to visit Disney for the first time! Then I got to take a foster child that we had last summer who we had kept in touch with (he is 6) and we did a split stay at Boulder Ridge and Poly!! My cousin who is more like a sister and loves disney maybe more than me and could never afford to stay at poly or any deluxe was able to enjoy that with me along with my son and hers.. we had an absolute blast!! Now we are staying at SSR for 3 nights, sort of last minute meaning I booked it after our June trip for week of Thanksgiving.. and we are taking more friends who have never been to Disney world.. they went with us in 2015 to DL but the world is the world! And in 2020 I am already planning a huge trip to take my cousin again and her whole family and then some, in a 2bed and 2 studios at AKV to enjoy Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!! So, super excited to be able to share this wonderful magic of Disney with our friends and family and thats why I bought DVC!!

What a lovely, lovely post! And how wonderful that you share with us your joy at sharing your wonderful DVC membership with dear ones that could never afford to stay in such wonderful accommodations. God bless you! :goodvibes

Great to hear! Also, your kindness and generosity is so very commendable. Here's to many, many, more fantastic DVC trips to come!

This. :thumbsup2

I just have to say what I have been thinking for a while! I am a new owner, purchased AKV in 2016 first DVC trip was this March and another June and now another in November!

YAY! And Welcome Home! One of my favorite things about DVC is knowing it's never goodbye, but just "See you soon!".

Crazy.. but it has been so awesome because I was able to invite one of my best friends and her family, 2 small kids who got to visit Disney for the first time! Then I got to take a foster child that we had last summer who we had kept in touch with (he is 6) and we did a split stay at Boulder Ridge and Poly!! My cousin who is more like a sister and loves disney maybe more than me and could never afford to stay at poly or any deluxe was able to enjoy that with me along with my son and hers.. we had an absolute blast!! Now we are staying at SSR for 3 nights, sort of last minute meaning I booked it after our June trip for week of Thanksgiving.. and we are taking more friends who have never been to Disney world..

It's a great feeling, isn't it? I remember being at a DVC meeting on DCL and telling them what DVC means to me.
To me, DVC is bringing my wife's best friend and her 3 kids on a once in a lifetime visit to Disney World because they cannot and would not try to afford it on their own. These are kids who without us would never have seen or enjoyed the most magical place in the world.

To me, DVC was bringing my 80 year old grandmother in law on her one and only trip to Disney World

To me, DVC was enabling my wife to bring her mother to Hawaii before she dies of stage 4 lung cancer

To me, DVC is seeing my Sister or Brother when they travel to Disney and being able to spend time with them and seeing my nieces and nephews grow.

To me, DVC is always having a home where I belong.

To me, DVC is always having a family where I belong (You all! as opposed to the family I was born into which sometimes I don't seem to belong in).

To the OP again - welcome home! We are glad to have you as part of the family! Please enjoy, make yourself at home and spread the magic!

YAY! And Welcome Home! One of my favorite things about DVC is knowing it's never goodbye, but just "See you soon!".

It's a great feeling, isn't it? I remember being at a DVC meeting on DCL and telling them what DVC means to me.
To me, DVC is bringing my wife's best friend and her 3 kids on a once in a lifetime visit to Disney World because they cannot and would not try to afford it on their own. These are kids who without us would never have seen or enjoyed the most magical place in the world.

To me, DVC was bringing my 80 year old grandmother in law on her one and only trip to Disney World

To me, DVC was enabling my wife to bring her mother to Hawaii before she dies of stage 4 lung cancer

To me, DVC is seeing my Sister or Brother when they travel to Disney and being able to spend time with them and seeing my nieces and nephews grow.

To me, DVC is always having a home where I belong.

To me, DVC is always having a family where I belong (You all! as opposed to the family I was born into which sometimes I don't seem to belong in).

To the OP again - welcome home! We are glad to have you as part of the family! Please enjoy, make yourself at home and spread the magic!
Oh my gosh! Well said.... Looking forward to many many more years of these moments and sharing my DVC with the people I love!!

Well let me jump right into the DVC group hug! :grouphug: We love, love, love our DVC! This year we went for two weeks in January with multiple family and friends, and are going down next week to watch our daughter run the Food and Wine Marathon. We usually take lots of people with us and have a ball. Our kids tell us it is the best thing we ever did as a family! How cool is that!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter