I made a BIG mistake!

Yes I used it several times las t October and either past dec or feb. Has to be in a browser not the app. For what it’s worth I am on an iPhone and sometimes pc. Used it when getting VQ and then changing parks.
Thanx for the info. Were you able to book VQ without a rez for that park and then change rez to VQ park? I thought you couldn’t book VQ unless you already had a rez for the VQ park?

I do not have the modification option on the website or the app
View attachment 668024View attachment 668027

I’ve never had a modify option either and always have to do it on a PC since I use iPhone/iPad and have never even been able to book on them. I’ve done it multiple trips as well and have trips coming up where I wanted to change parks but had to cancel and rebook. I’ve personally never even heard that being option before.

Have you tried to book that day anyway? The system is glitchy, when we went in December we changed our mind where we wanted to go the night before and I checked availability - it was booked but I tried anyway and the app took it. That was for 4 on a day all the park pass ressies were gone. I had to do a double take and confirm on our plans that it actually switched and it had.

My suggestion as someone who goes a LOT.

Cancel your current reservation if you're not going on that day - this will make it easier to rebook.

Check the reservation calendar hourly (especially in the few days leading up). In addition to that, even if it says sold out, as you get closer to your date attempt to book your reservation even if it says sold out on the site - with only 1 reservation, your likelihood of grabbing someone's cancellation is much higher.

If all that fails, sometimes things open up day of after opening. Timing depends on the day.

Is there any way to check the actual reservation system (not just looking at the calendar) before you cancel your current reservation? I have heard people able to get reservations when calendar shows park unavailable but I am afraid of losing what I have for that day already. Like when I pretend to go in and make a new reservation will the unavailable park still show up on the screen where you choose your date? For example on May 16, all parks show up even though calendar shows no Epcot (which is what I’m trying to get). When I choose it I obviously get the “you already have a reservation” error but is there any way to tell if it would let me book it if I cancel my DHS reservation? Like would I get a different error if truly sold out or would it not even show up as a choice, etc? I’m too afraid to risk my DHS since at least it’s close so we can just swipe in and park hop to Epcot but we’ve decided to go to typhoon lagoon in the morning instead of DHS but have dinner plans at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter