• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

But first it's time for a little dancing. That's right it's single digit dance time (for the trip at least!)

200.gif

Joining in
:dance3::banana::dancer::cool1::woohoo::dogdance:

(feels like only yesterday you started this PTR, I NEED time to go by this fast for my DL trip next year :genie:)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cutie:

You list is eerily like mine- great minds and taste buds and all that.....

Indeed, I'd say it's time for some dancing! :dancer: You're almost there!

Wow! This just seemed to suddenly come up fast!

If by fast you mean over a year...

I didn't have nearly as much time as you're going to have, but.... at the risk of giving you an edge on my contest, the Chicken and Dumplings was a disappointment. It was okay, but... just okay.

Thanks for the heads up. And now watch me still get it wrong in your contest ;)

oooohhhh.... so close.

200_s.gif

We had a fantastic time Thursday night! We were able to do all houses, the two shows, and we spent about 20 minutes eating. And we needed every single minute to do this; we literally sat down for the 1230 show of Bill and Ted as it was starting. Here is how it played out.

Holding area at Hello Kitty - AHS - Halloween - Tomb - Texas Chainsaw - Ate(???) - Krampus - Exorcist - Wild West one - Walking Dead - Academy of Villains - Chance's 3d house - RAN to Bill and Ted and got seated.

I was obviously pretty pleased getting all that done. But I missed the freedom of having the express pass!

You got all that done without the express pass? That's impressive!

Any houses you'd skip if I'm short on time? Also what did you think of Bill & Ted this year? The DIS Universal show absolutely hated it.

Your trip is so soon, how exciting!

5 more days of work left...

Rob1.gif

You got all that done without the express pass? That's impressive!

Any houses you'd skip if I'm short on time? Also what did you think of Bill & Ted this year? The DIS Universal show absolutely hated it.

Yeah, I couldn't believe we did it honestly. My least favorite were Chance's and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (although they were still enjoyable). TCM felt very short. I appreciated them all though, it was hard to pick a favorite - they were all very well done.

Academy of Villains was a dance show / concert that was really cool and well done, but that may be worth skipping if it's not your thing.

As for Bill and Ted, I really liked it but it probably wasn't as funny as the others I've seen in the past two years. Keep in mind, I love B&T, and especially silly humor that pokes fun at pop culture. So take that for what's it's worth. :)

Yeah, I couldn't believe we did it honestly. My least favorite were Chance's and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (although they were still enjoyable). TCM felt very short. I appreciated them all though, it was hard to pick a favorite - they were all very well done.

I'd heard Chance wasn't great - hadn't really heard much about TCM so that's good to note.

Academy of Villains was a dance show / concert that was really cool and well done, but that may be worth skipping if it's not your thing.

I think if I do a show it will be this one - it's been getting consistently good reviews.

As for Bill and Ted, I really liked it but it probably wasn't as funny as the others I've seen in the past two years. Keep in mind, I love B&T, and especially silly humor that pokes fun at pop culture. So take that for what's it's worth. :)

I love the B&T films - which is kind of what's putting me off seeing it as I don't want to see them in something less than amazing.

I kinda do. It seemed like it was so far away, and all of a sudden... Bam! You're leaving in a week!

I suppose so. Today is my last Tuesday at work which is pretty exciting - I am more than ready for a vacation!

Yeah... And then he caused the entire human population to be wiped out. Way to go.

Can I admit I don't even know what this GIF is from so your very clever reference means nothing to me? :confused3

Me too!!!

Wait...

You've still got 19 days to save up if you want to meet me at WDW...:rolleyes1

It's from Terminator... 2? 3? 2 I think. He's the dude who invented the chip that allowed robots to get smart and kill everyone.
Way to go, dude.

No wonder I haven't seen it then...I don't even think I've watched the first Terminator in full. I have done the attraction at Universal - does that count?

You've still got 19 days to save up if you want to meet me at WDW...:rolleyes1

Oh, man. I absolutely would if I could. Seriously. Except...
1. I don't think Ruby would let me do 2 solo trips back to back....
2. I can't get that time off even if I could.
3. Money now going in multiple other directions.

Tell you what.
You come back in March, okay?

No wonder I haven't seen it then...I don't even think I've watched the first Terminator in full. I have done the attraction at Universal - does that count?

Yes.

And yet it stills feels like a lifetime. My boss is on leave at the moment so I'm doing her role and my role so I have no time to do planning for the trip!

That is SO true! Work sucks all the planning time away like baby with Coke in his bottle.

I kinda do. It seemed like it was so far away, and all of a sudden... Bam! You're leaving in a week!

This. So much this, tonight. Feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.

Oh, man. I absolutely would if I could. Seriously. Except...
1. I don't think Ruby would let me do 2 solo trips back to back....
2. I can't get that time off even if I could.
3. Money now going in multiple other directions.

Tell you what.
You come back in March, okay?

upload_2016-10-6_14-44-39.jpeg

I've kind of already booked Japan so all my money will be going there....

Awesome. That means I've seen Terminator & Spiderman!

That is SO true! Work sucks all the planning time away like baby with Coke in his bottle.

Thankfully I'm down to 2 and a half work days left!

This. So much this, tonight. Feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.

I'm sure your trip will be fantastic - you've planned everything you can and now just need to enjoy :cutie: (even if a certain Matthew is throwing a spanner into the works!)

I forgot to quote this one too. 2 more work days here. And short ones at that! My boss rocks! Saturday is miscellaneous stuff day, and Sunday is...........

TRAVEL!!!!!

So exciting - fingers crossed Matthew is well and truly gone by then for you.

It looks like he's actually drifting east at the moment and probably wont be as horrible as anticipated for Orlando!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter