• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I must vent reguarding the HHI Resort pool slide

rapisano

Mouseketeer
I just returned from HHI resort and I must say how disappointed I was that the pool slide closed at 5pm!! We were at the beach a good portion of the day and put our little guy down for a nap and he was ready to hit the water slide there after and we all barely had any time to enjoy it... We did include this in our survey after we returned, we just loved the resort and will return again we just hope this changes in the future at least till 6-7pm. :sad2:

I would like to see the slide open a little longer, but then we have a pay for lifeguards. More dues are due then.

We have been going to HHI for three years now and we definitely have adjusted are schedule to include slide time with the early closing.

We have been going to HHI for three years now and we definitely have adjusted are schedule to include slide time with the early closing.

I guess this is what you have to do... We don't really like the crowded beach so we stay at the main pool... Otherwise, you need to change you're schedule.

I just got back too. I think you spent too much time at the beach. On Tuesday for the pool party they open it up at 8pm. But I like 5pm close because I can get my kids out of the pool. Plus, they have a blast seeing how many slides they can get in at "last call"

We usually go to HH in October and I assumed that the pool slide closed at 5:00 because it was the off season. I didn't realize it would close that early during the summer. It's good to find out this info out ahead of time so we can be prepared when we do make a summer trip.

We usually go to HH in October and I assumed that the pool slide closed at 5:00 because it was the off season. I didn't realize it would close that early during the summer. It's good to find out this info out ahead of time so we can be prepared when we do make a summer trip.

we went in late sept and thought it was just the time of year as well

5pm in the summer?!!!?---thats a joke--5pm is practically mid day for us in summer

We are owners at HHR and have been going there since 1997. The 5pm slide closure hasn't been much of an issue for us. The kids have enjoyed the slide over the years but there are so many other things to do at HHR, it's not a huge issue. My daughter loves the basketball court now.

We stayed at HHI a few years ago and were also annoyed by the early slide closure. Ultimately the kids dealt with it but what is the point of having a pool slide if it closes so early. :confused3

I just got back too. I think you spent too much time at the beach. On Tuesday for the pool party they open it up at 8pm. But I like 5pm close because I can get my kids out of the pool. Plus, they have a blast seeing how many slides they can get in at "last call"

It's A BEACH resort... you think OP spent too much time there???? :rotfl2:
Sorry, but I have seen that slide. I wouldn't leave the beach for it....

Alot of the HHI posters here are bascally just saying that's the way it is, just accept it.
I think 5:00pm is unacceptable. Especially since this resort is not on WDW property with all of the other entertainment possibilities for kids. As far as the cost of additional life guards raising the cost of Member dues, It would be negligible spread out over all of the members who own at HHI. DVC usually is good about listening to it's members. I would fight for this one.

It's A BEACH resort... you think OP spent too much time there????

I'm glad you picked up on my sarcasm. For me the slide is no longer fun after about 5 slides. My 4 year old will stay on it all day. The pool is just too warm for me. this past week the main pool was around 87-90 deg. It was awful. The ocean was around 75 deg. It was much better.

Alot of the HHI posters here are bascally just saying that's the way it is, just accept it.
I think 5:00pm is unacceptable. Especially since this resort is not on WDW property with all of the other entertainment possibilities for kids. As far as the cost of additional life guards raising the cost of Member dues, It would be negligible spread out over all of the members who own at HHI. DVC usually is good about listening to it's members. I would fight for this one.

Are you US senator? That is how they feel about raising taxes. they don't care because they do not have to pay since they do not have any "earned income". Only owners of HHI have the right to change the rules that result in higher dues. I would have to fight the "raise my dues to have a late slide commitee"! popcorn::

The sign on the slide this week says it closes at 6 pm. Don't know if that's in response to member/guest requests and complaints or if it's due to the holiday this week.

Are you US senator? That is how they feel about raising taxes. they don't care because they do not have to pay since they do not have any "earned income". Only owners of HHI have the right to change the rules that result in higher dues. I would have to fight the "raise my dues to have a late slide commitee"! popcorn::

Wouldn't keeping the slide open longer just mean paying a lifeguard for a couple of extra hours during peak season? I did not think maitenence fees paid CM hourly wages.

And I agree that 5pm is too early to lose the lifeguard at the pool (and the pool slide) during the summer.

Thanks for all your responses and for those whom supported me in the 5pm issue of the water slide.. Raising taxes yada yada its pennies for disney just pennies. We all pay a good amount for what we are getting and we all should stand up and voice our opinion for what is best for our DVC dollars!! I would think that the most of us would rather have a relaxing day and choose to do what we want and not on a time crunch rather than have to rush on our well paid vacation club dollars. We all have a piece of the pie not just the HHI owners. I own both including HHI so to pay a few cents extra no problem so we all can enjoy our vacation club it great!! Thanks again!!:cool1: :cheer2: :coffee: :idea:

According to the DVCwebsite, in the section of "Understanding you Dues"

Annual Dues cover the salaries of all resort workers, such as Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintaince, bus drivers, etc.... This includes the life guards, gift shop and the snack bar workers.

It is not pennies for Disney because they do not pay a dime for it. Possibly only their portion of what they own in developer points. (But I doubt even that)

HHI has had alot of work done recently and I shudder to think what our dues will be this next year.

According to the DVCwebsite, in the section of "Understanding you Dues"

Annual Dues cover the salaries of all resort workers, such as Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintaince, bus drivers, etc.... This includes the life guards, gift shop and the snack bar workers.

It is not pennies for Disney because they do not pay a dime for it. Possibly only their portion of what they own in developer points. (But I doubt even that)

HHI has had alot of work done recently and I shudder to think what our dues will be this next year.

Well then I guess HHI best get on board with all the other vacation clubs because they are thr "ONLY" one that close the life guards at 5pm and the whole pool. Vero, Saratoga, ect, ect all stay open later so I would say we are not getting what all the others are getting at there vacation club..HHI desperately need to update all there units I noticed a few disturbing issues.

Well then I guess HHI best get on board with all the other vacation clubs because they are thr "ONLY" one that close the life guards at 5pm and the whole pool. Vero, Saratoga, ect, ect all stay open later so I would say we are not getting what all the others are getting at there vacation club..HHI desperately need to update all there units I noticed a few disturbing issues.

I agree it would be nice if the lifeguards would stay on longer--especially in the summer. But as far as HHI goes, this is the norm. The lifeguards all leave the beaches at 5 pm (taking the rental chairs with them!), and even the private pools we belong to (4 of them) do not have lifeguards after 5 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter