I must vent reguarding the HHI Resort pool slide

Well then I guess HHI best get on board with all the other vacation clubs because they are thr "ONLY" one that close the life guards at 5pm and the whole pool. Vero, Saratoga, ect, ect all stay open later so I would say we are not getting what all the others are getting at there vacation club..HHI desperately need to update all there units I noticed a few disturbing issues.

The pool at the resort is NOT closed at 5 pm. Just the slide.

Wouldn't keeping the slide open longer just mean paying a lifeguard for a couple of extra hours during peak season? I did not think maitenence fees paid CM hourly wages.

And I agree that 5pm is too early to lose the lifeguard at the pool (and the pool slide) during the summer.

Especially at HHI were the summer season is so short. I don't see the added costs of having a lifeguard until 8pm as being a significant cost.

HHI desperately need to update all there units I noticed a few disturbing issues.

We were there last week and our villa was wonderful. It looked almost brand new. The most annoying thing was the couch being on wheels and I'm not sure it has been pulled out many times. It took 3 of us to pull it out. Two to hold the couch against the wall and one to get the bed out. What were the "disturbing issues" you found? Just curious because we even commented on how immaculate everything appeared. We did find a single palmetto bug but it is the south. We hadn't had one of those in our "home" since we left Texas five years ago.

We were there last week and our villa was wonderful. It looked almost brand new. The most annoying thing was the couch being on wheels and I'm not sure it has been pulled out many times. It took 3 of us to pull it out. Two to hold the couch against the wall and one to get the bed out. What were the "disturbing issues" you found? Just curious because we even commented on how immaculate everything appeared. We did find a single palmetto bug but it is the south. We hadn't had one of those in our "home" since we left Texas five years ago.

Yes we did know it is a older resort however the rug looked well "worn" it was bubbleing right by the island in the kictchen area. The bathroom shower in the 2 bedroom units it had mildew very noticable. In addition to that the bath was just not that clean, there was left over papers and sand still on the tile. The refidgerator handle was broken and the inside of the drawers were worn and all scratched up. Along side of the fridge they was dirt and filth not cleaned up from the last person. I notice everything so it did bother me that it was not well cleaned before we got there. We didnt say anything because we were there to have a good time and not to worry about the small stuff. However I do know they are definately in need of a few updates.:upsidedow

Yes we did know it is a older resort however the rug looked well "worn" it was bubbleing right by the island in the kictchen area. The bathroom shower in the 2 bedroom units it had mildew very noticable. In addition to that the bath was just not that clean, there was left over papers and sand still on the tile. The refidgerator handle was broken and the inside of the drawers were worn and all scratched up. Along side of the fridge they was dirt and filth not cleaned up from the last person. I notice everything so it did bother me that it was not well cleaned before we got there. We didnt say anything because we were there to have a good time and not to worry about the small stuff. However I do know they are definately in need of a few updates.:upsidedow

Not saying anything just allowed the person that checked in after you to have the same problems with the things that were actually broken or damaged.

All things like that should be reported, even unclean rooms. If you didn't want them in there while you were there (which doesn't bother my family, but I can understand) then please report them on the way out.

If you don't say anything then there are two people that have to deal with items in need of repair.

LLL

We were at the resort last week and per CM Rich, he pushed for the slide to be open for an extra hour and got it. He was very happy that it went through. I also don't mind it closing early because otherwise I would never get my son out of the pool!

Kathy

We didnt say anything because we were there to have a good time and not to worry about the small stuff.

I guess the member before you had the same thought, hence what needed to be fixed did not get reported.

I own at HHI, and I agree, the lifeguard situation could be to stay a little longer... I mean, what do they make?- $10/hr? x 2 x 2 hrs=$40/day x 60 days? That is $2400 Divided by 5000 members? That is .48 cents/member!!

I don't think that would break the bank!!

As for the unit, we were there on July 4th last year, and our villa was great! If something is amiss, I will be the first to report it-after all, I AM paying for it!! So, if a handle is missing, etc, you better believe I will report it, and have every right to complain!!

DeerH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter