I need suggestions for a sit down dinner at Epcot!!

evolady73

Earning My Ears
We are going to Epcot late January. There will be the three of us, which includes a 7 year old girl. We have ate at Akershus before and enjoyed it but thought about doing something different this time. What is everyone's favorite place and why?

We loved the food and the service at Rose and Crown! We were too wiped to stay for Illuminations, but we'd have had a great view.

We loved the food and the service at Rose and Crown! We were too wiped to stay for Illuminations, but we'd have had a great view.
I thought about that! We would like the food there as well. I was wondering how it worked out for anyone who dined there during the fireworks.

If she still likes character meals, Garden Grill gets good reviews. She might also like Teppan Edo or Biergarten for the entertainment, or even Morocco if she is a bit adventurous.

Le cellier is my favorite table service in epcot, the poutine fries are wonderful! As well as the pretxel bread, cheddar cheese soup and filet with mushroom risotto. It is pricey though. I also enjoy Via Napoli for a good pizza

I am extremely particular about my food.

My favorite meal at Disney on our last trip was Garden Grill. I generally do NOT like bland American food but the turkey and steak were both excellent. The character interaction was great as well.

Via Napoli was good and if you can get a table outside on a nice night, the ambiance is great. I also really like the QS in Mexico, but depends on your taste buds if you want that for dinner.

Garden Grill is a must do for us on every trip. The food is delicious, the character interaction is great and it is near that the restaurant is moving while you are eating. I also like that it is an all you care to eat but it is served to your table so you don't have to move.

We love San Angels Inn. The Food is very good, it is more Authentic Mexican not Tex-Mex,
which seems to be more grilled items and not so much smothered (clean entree's-not sloppy).
We also love the Theme of the Restaurant with the Volcano, which goes off every so often.

Everyones tastes differ, as you have already seen by the replies. I don't believe there is a single favorite restaurant.
If you want a Rose & Crown table near Illuminations time, try for an ADR around 7:30 - 7:45. You can only request a patio table at check in (everyone does) and it is the luck of the draw if your request can be met. If you are seated inside, there is a private, standing room only, patio for patrons of Rose & Crown to view Illuminations. There is no guarantee of a patio table.
Check out the menus here on the DIS and at allears.net and see what appeals to you and your family.

Garden Grill is 1 of our favorite places...the food is really good and the character interaction is amazing too! We also like Teppen Edo and Biergarten for the entertainment factor and the food there is really good too.

The only Epcot table service that we DISLIKE is Nine Dragons. And I like Chinese food. We've eaten there 4 times over the years and simply don't enjoy it.

My family liked Garden Grill, but the rotation makes me sick. It is slow and most people don't notice, but I was sitting on the inside of a booth (so the kids could have the outside seats for character interaction) so the velocity vector was basically sideways, from ear to ear if you know what I mean. I suspect that if I was sitting at the edge of the booth with the motion going through the front/back of my body I may have been just fine, but my one experience there sufficiently ruined my evening that I'm not willing to give it another try :)

We love the Garden Grill! My kids loved it when they were young and still love it as teenagers. Good and plentiful food and great character interactions. This is a must-do for us.

We have tried several over the years. Our favorite based on atmosphere alone is San Angel, from what I can remember the food was good too. We ate at Rose and Crowne this trip and we enjoyed it. I loved Biergarten for the atmosphere as well and the dancing and entertainment. My girls did not enjoy the food as much as my husband and I. Coral Reef is always nice if she enjoys watching sharks, stingrays and sea turtles swimming by as she eats.

Everyones tastes differ, as you have already seen by the replies. I don't believe there is a single favorite restaurant.
If you want a Rose & Crown table near Illuminations time, try for an ADR around 7:30 - 7:45. You can only request a patio table at check in (everyone does) and it is the luck of the draw if your request can be met. If you are seated inside, there is a private, standing room only, patio for patrons of Rose & Crown to view Illuminations. There is no guarantee of a patio table.
Check out the menus here on the DIS and at allears.net and see what appeals to you and your family.

I have been looking into Rose & Crown specifically to find a good viewing spot for the illuminations. I have ate at the quick service next to it and liked the food and love the Stout! Do you know a rough percentage of how many tables are on the patio compared to inside? I mean, if there is a hundred tables inside and only 10 out, then you know what your chances are going to be. Also, this private standing room only patio for patrons, what is that like? I am sure it is packed but it is separate from the dining patio? I am sure it is packed, wondering if my seven year old will be able to see anything if she is squished between adults. Thanks so much for your reply! This really helps with the planning.

I have been looking into Rose & Crown specifically to find a good viewing spot for the illuminations. I have ate at the quick service next to it and liked the food and love the Stout! Do you know a rough percentage of how many tables are on the patio compared to inside? I mean, if there is a hundred tables inside and only 10 out, then you know what your chances are going to be. Also, this private standing room only patio for patrons, what is that like? I am sure it is packed but it is separate from the dining patio? I am sure it is packed, wondering if my seven year old will be able to see anything if she is squished between adults. Thanks so much for your reply! This really helps with the planning.

In general it is not difficult to find a decent viewing spot for Illuminations, like it is for many of the other nighttime spectaculars. It is visible all around the lagoon. You can find a place with your 7 year old without too much trouble.
I do not know the exact breakdown of the inside vs outside tables at Rose & Crown. But over many dinners I would say about 1/3 of the time we had a wonderful view from a patio table. So maybe there is 1/3 good view - 2/3 no view poor view?
I have not gone to the patio to view Illuminations. We have seen it many, many times so missing it here or there was okay. But the reports here on it are very good. I don't believe it is mobbed either as it is only available to those folks currently dining.
Good Luck

Via Napoli is my #1 restaurant in epcot.
Teppan Edo is also fun and the food is always great. Chefs/France never disappoints. Finally, your 7 yr old might like Garden Grill.

I see a lot of people saying Garden Grill but when I looked at the menu it looks like its Liberty Tree with Characters. Is there something that I am missing about this one that I should give it a chance? Trying to decide between Garden Grill and Via Napoli

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter