I no longer hate, hate, hate the Grand

Rhongepooh

<font color=red>I must ponder this news<br><font c
I know many of you read my complaints about my experience with The Grand Floridian last week. While I'm trying to avoid the nastiness that came from the post, I wanted to let everyone know I sent a letter of complaint to guest relations .

I was contacted by two super managers. They offered me several things to make my vacation better, I thanked them but told them it wasn't necessary since we only had one more day. The following though is a copy of the new email I sent guest relations:

To whom it may concern,

I just wanted to thank you so much for your attention in the manner of my complaint of The Grand Floridian. I was contacted by two managers this past Monday.

I did not catch the female manager's name, but I believe the male manager was named T.J.. They were both wonderful! They were very considerate in listening to me and did their absolute best to resolve my concerns. They offered to move our room, provide transportation and even gave us access to the concierge level. We were so busy we did not use the lounge but it was nice that it was offered. While I'm sure some of my complaints seemed petty, both managers made me feel as though my complaints were important and well founded. They made me feel that they were genuinely concerned about making things right. This is what creates guests that are devoted to Disney resorts!

I must admit at the beginning of our vacation I was disillusioned in the Walt Disney Company and the customer service that has brought me back year after year. Thankfully though, T.J. and the other manager, restored my belief in the Disney Company's service that brings me back year after year.

Thank you SO much for caring about my family's experience to Walt Disney World. We returned home today and started talking about our next visit!

In the future I will return to the Contemporary because its the best fit for MY family. However I no longer have a nasty taste from my stay at The Grand.

Glad to hear things turned around for you ;) ... we love the GF

I believe T.J. used to be at the Boardwalk a few years ago and I agree, he is wonderful. I was assigned a very worn studio in the villas, but there was nowhere to move me because they were booked full. T.J. apologized, then sent me up a plate of cupcakes and offered to move me the next morning. I ended up just staying put because I realized I wasn't really using the room other than to sleep...and you know, sometimes a nice gesture just makes you feel better and remember you're in a magical place. And then other things don't seem to matter as much. Sounds like his actions had the same effect on you.

Glad to hear things got better for you. Thanks for the positive update!

One reason you get "Welcome Home" at the Contemporary is due to the DVC section being built there.

Welcome Home until recently was reserved for a stay at DVC resorts. When DVC starting building DVC at existing resorts, such as WL, BC, and the Contemporary all guests received the welcome.

When DVC opens at the Grand Floridian in October, I am sure it will only be a short time before guests will here Welcome Home there.

And this is one of the reasons that we all keep going back to Disney

So glad that you found resolution. I felt so bad for you after reading your previous post, even though I did not reply.
I love the GF, but I am the only one in my family that does. We are still looking for the WDW resort that fits all of us as a family. Glad that the CR is the one for yours.

Yay! So happy you feel better about your stay. As I mentioned on the previous thread, one of the things that keeps GF mania alive for us is the very responsive management. They are so kind. Since 2000, when we did our first GF stay, they have

• Given us three room upgrades
  • Reserved a room for us away from construction so DS with autism wouldn't be uncomfortable
  • Refunded my mom and dad's breakfast charges at the GF Cafe after they overslept and missed breakfast at CL
  • Sent flowers, chocolate strawberries and champagne to our room on our anniversary
  • Driven us back to WL from Citrico's when we were guests at WL, but missed the last boat. They could have just told us to call a cab, but a concierge gave us a ride instead.
  • Literally run over to our room with our La Nouba tickets in the rain after a CM mixed up where she put them and caused us a delay

This is why the GF is home to us. They definitely take the best care of us. This
summer, we're staying at BCV because now that DS is 19, 6'2 and 190 lbs, we need a little more space. However, if I was not also renovating my kitchen and had more cash on hand, I would just book two rooms at the GF.

You may be a Contemporary kind of family, but I am glad the GF gave you the kind of attention you deserve.

Did not realize the "Welcome Home" thing was only at DVC connected resorts. Cool

Glad things worked out. Good email

Glad to hear your stay improved!

One thing I know I loved about the Contemporary (way back in the 70s when we stayed there) was that it seemed really EASY. Probably that's because until just a few years ago I always lived in an apartment building. At the contemporary, we were always arriving by monorail, then take the elevator to your room. Bingo! Some of these newer resorts seem a little more involved than that, somehow. As cool as some of the other deluxe resorts seem, if cost had been no object, I'd have gone with the Comporary for our next visit...

Glad to hear your stay improved!

One thing I know I loved about the Contemporary (way back in the 70s when we stayed there) was that it seemed really EASY. Probably that's because until just a few years ago I always lived in an apartment building. At the contemporary, we were always arriving by monorail, then take the elevator to your room. Bingo! Some of these newer resorts seem a little more involved than that, somehow. As cool as some of the other deluxe resorts seem, if cost had been no object, I'd have gone with the Comporary for our next visit...

Yep that's why we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Contemporary! The ability to get on the elevator and be at the monorail, or the Contempo Cafe or the gift shops just can't be beat!

Mrs. Kennedy, Thank you for writing to us about your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. I am very glad your experience at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa improved and truly appreciate the time you took to share your compliments for TJ and Shannon. Your email reinforces how our Cast Members can make a tremendous difference with each Guest. It is heartwarming to know that Cast Members such as TJ and Shannon exemplified Walt Disney?s dream to create happy and memorable experiences for all of our Guests. Please be assured your comments will be shared with the appropriate leadership so they can be commended for the great service they provided you. Mrs. Kennedy, thank you again for writing to us. We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you. Best Regards,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter