I think I'm going to stop posting for awhile

dan40

Mouseketeer
I came here a couple of years ago with the intent that I could interact with people who had similar interests in Disney as I do. I'm a big believer in the magic and having fun and chatting about different things, but it seems no matter what I post, people take offense to what I have to talk about, and decidedly, it makes the decision to go back into the shadows of being a lurker rather than a poster more appealing to me right now.

Time and time again I've posted with enthusiasm, asking questions, provoking good thoughts about past and future trips, only to be shot down and publicly humiliated, and as I said in a previous post from today, I don't need the aggravation.

I'm not a bad person. I consider myself to be a very nice person who gets along with people, rarely has a conflict, doesn't even swear (much, unless absolutely necessary).

In what I thought was supposed to be an open community where anyone and everyone could post whatever they felt was necessary with positive responses and thought-provoking content, I find there are many people here with closed minds and attitudes, ready to jump on unsuspecting people like me at the slightest notion of having said something I shouldn't have said, or interpreting what has been said to be a negative notion.

Well, I am going to stop posting for awhile, but I will be lurking but I just want everyone to know that being here for the past couple of months and posting publicly has been a very rewarding experience and I hope that some day I'll return to being an active poster, but not until I feel like I have to post something that I won't get ridiculed or shamed for publicly.

dan40 out.

I came here a couple of years ago with the intent that I could interact with people who had similar interests in Disney as I do. I'm a big believer in the magic and having fun and chatting about different things, but it seems no matter what I post, people take offense to what I have to talk about, and decidedly, it makes the decision to go back into the shadows of being a lurker rather than a poster more appealing to me right now.

Time and time again I've posted with enthusiasm, asking questions, provoking good thoughts about past and future trips, only to be shot down and publicly humiliated, and as I said in a previous post from today, I don't need the aggravation.

I'm not a bad person. I consider myself to be a very nice person who gets along with people, rarely has a conflict, doesn't even swear (much, unless absolutely necessary).

In what I thought was supposed to be an open community where anyone and everyone could post whatever they felt was necessary with positive responses and thought-provoking content, I find there are many people here with closed minds and attitudes, ready to jump on unsuspecting people like me at the slightest notion of having said something I shouldn't have said, or interpreting what has been said to be a negative notion.

Well, I am going to stop posting for awhile, but I will be lurking but I just want everyone to know that being here for the past couple of months and posting publicly has been a very rewarding experience and I hope that some day I'll return to being an active poster, but not until I feel like I have to post something that I won't get ridiculed or shamed for publicly.

dan40 out.
The rule.

Adelle Dazeem, you beat me to it. Love your screen name.

dan40 out.

The rule

It is an open community, and that means you will get both positive and negative feedback to what you choose to post. Your post about upstaging a CM was definitely a negative notion. It came across as bragging that you knew more and that you sent her home a little down in the dumps. I'm surprised that you thought you'd get pats on the back for that.

gaston_rage_quit.jpg

Fake YAGE. The green light in the upper left corner of OP's avatar indicates he's reading every bit of this.

All YAGEs are fake. No one can ever resist the urge to keep reading when they're feeling unjustly abused.

People who really intend to take a break from the boards just do it, without any grand announcements. Shoot, I've done it myself, when I find myself getting unduly irritated with people. I'll walk away for a month or year, or even longer, and no... I don't expect anyone to notice (nor have they).

Fake YAGE. The green light in the upper left corner of OP's avatar indicates he's reading every bit of this.
In the OP's defense, he didn't say he was giving up on Dis, just that he was going back to lurking.

OP, since you're still reading, think about how bad you're feeling right now. Now compare that to how bad you think (I highly doubt) you made a CM feel. The fact that incident was 16 years ago? Felt like a brag post to me. I'll tell you what, I'll admit you know more Disney trivia than I do. Does that make you feel better?

Your mistake is posting on the Community Board. Many people here haven't been to WDW more than once or twice & don't plan to go in the near future. Theme Parks Community board https://www.disboards.com/forums/theme-parks-community.161/ is probably more like what you're looking for.

Mmm... I don't know that Theme Parks Community would be any more receptive to a post about "upstaging" a cast member with the OP's "vast" trivial knowledge, followed by speculation that the cast member went home feeling "down in the dumps" as a result.

Without massive rewriting and a very different spin on the incident, there's just nowhere on the DisBoards that post was going to be welcomed. People here tend to be pretty fond of cast members (and some are even cast members themselves).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter