I think my friend thinks I crossed over to the DARK SIDE....

edk35

DIS Veteran
:rotfl2: since becoming a DVC member. She is a die hard Disney fan....she goes three times a year and has rented points before.....gets an AP....but doesn't seem to understand why I would go in AUG. on our 9 day trip and BARELY do a park. She told me today that I was spending a lot of money to just do EC for two days and maybe a couple of water park days. She likes a place to rest her head and take a shower.........and is very big into the parks. She stayed at the Poly in Jan...and said after it was said and done...she would rather have spent less money and stayed at ASM or POP.

Are we OUTCASTS?????? :scared: :rotfl:

This is one of the great things about WDW. There is a place and a vacation style for everyone's preference. Viva la difference!

We've been to WDW tons of times and I'm still a park commando, I just enjoy a very active vacation. I have a very low stress, laid back home life so when I'm on a trip I'm looking for constant entertainment and stuff to do. I suspect people who lead lives with many demands on their time are more into relaxing. It's all good at WDW! Something for everyone.

We have friends like that too. They think we've spent a lot of money to just sit by the pool. But, it's our money, we'll sit where we want and be happy just the same.

I figure since we are DVC members we have plenty of years to enjoy the world!! My husband also enjoys it more when we do some relaxing during our vacation. If I drug him to the parks daily from sun up to sun down he probably would not have agreed to buy DVC.

My friends also think I am crazy. I tell them they would enjoy WDW more if they took time to stop and smell the roses. Most of them feel that they have spent a lot of money and they want to see everything in one trip. I had a friend that went last year and her kids never even saw the pool at their resort!!!!

I just love WDW because there is sooo much to do if you want to do it but also many love resorts to enjoy if you decide to just sit back and relax!

I would not worry at all about your decisions....I believe you said you did all the parks during your last trip. A lot of times I just do not tell my friends everything when it comes to my Disney trips...they think I am Disney crazy anyway. Some of them do not even know I purchased DVC (and neither do my in laws!!)

Have a great trip!!

I figure since we are DVC members we have plenty of years to enjoy the world!! My husband also enjoys it more when we do some relaxing during our vacation. If I drug him to the parks daily from sun up to sun down he probably would not have agreed to buy DVC.

My friends also think I am crazy. I tell them they would enjoy WDW more if they took time to stop and smell the roses. Most of them feel that they have spent a lot of money and they want to see everything in one trip. I had a friend that went last year and her kids never even saw the pool at their resort!!!!

I just love WDW because there is sooo much to do if you want to do it but also many love resorts to enjoy if you decide to just sit back and relax!

I would not worry at all about your decisions....I believe you said you did all the parks during your last trip. A lot of times I just do not tell my friends everything when it comes to my Disney trips...they think I am Disney crazy anyway. Some of them do not even know I purchased DVC (and neither do my in laws!!)

Have a great trip!!

The only people that know are some friends of ours. WE didn't tell any family members YET. I see two types of vacations in my DVC world...cooler weather months...doing the park thing, hot months of summer....DOING THE CHILLIN thing. LOL As long as the kids can swim, visit the water parks...they will probably be just fine.

:Are we OUTCASTS?????? :scared: :rotfl:

Yes we are outcasts...

If everyone understood and agreed with our (dvc/dis) logic, and could afford it, then everyone would be DVC members and would vacation there as we all do. Most cannot and will not ever understand the reasons or logic behind the DVC and why we go to Disney as often and for as long as we do_One must assume this is the reason for the DIS boards being so successful. It gives us "outcasts" a common place to meet, hang out and discuss everything DVC/Disney without having to see the 'rolling eyes' or hear the 'gasps' and 'comments' (- you're going again!?! - how much have you spent!?! - Haven't you seen it enough!?!).

:woohoo: :woohoo: Long live the the DIS boards :woohoo: :woohoo:

...or we, DIS'ers, may have to go back to talking to all the "normal people" about DVC and Disney in general again .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter