I think tech needs to do some serious maintenance on here.

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Last week I was on here and all was fine.

Got back from my WDW trip on Monday night and ever since DISboards has been totally screwed up.

Only when I go to this website does my internet completely freeze up and crashes every few minutes.

The pages load slow.

Sometimes the pages won't load at all.

Sometimes I can't see anything I'm typing until several minutes after I've typed a sentence and then half the words are missing letters because clearly iI was typing faster than the website could handle.

I keep being brought to the bottom of the page every time i click on something.

And every now and then the posts will look completely screwy.

Occasionally have same problem. Usually have to restart to fix. :( Didn't have to do that until just recently. I think it's a bad ad, but that's a total guess. I am not a techie.

Occasionally have same problem. Usually have to restart to fix. :( Didn't have to do that until just recently. I think it's a bad ad, but that's a total guess. I am not a techie.

Yeah I've had to restart my computer because it completely freezes but then when I come back to the website its still all screwy.
It's still happening and driving me to the point of insanity now. :(

The pages are back to being jumpy again as well. I am trying to understand as they work on the boards every night. Mods please let the techies know of the issues. There has to be a way to address these issues. Thnak you so much

Yeah I'm pretty irked that its been over a week since I posted this thread and no mod/admin or tech support has addressed me.

And the weird Chinese posts are completely out of control not only happening at about midnight but now mid day as well!

Someone needs to care and fix it.

Yeah I'm pretty irked that its been over a week since I posted this thread and no mod/admin or tech support has addressed me.

And the weird Chinese posts are completely out of control not only happening at about midnight but now mid day as well!

How about you contact them directly? Instead of posting here. The webmasters don't hang out on the boards as much as the rest of us.

admin@wdwinfo.com

Those posts were on the budget board, what you do is click on the post and then there is a red triangle and report it. They will remove it. Those are annoying I know. They took up almost the whole page.

.........(snip)....................................And the weird Chinese posts are completely out of control not only happening at about midnight but now mid day as well!

Those are spammers - not much anyone can do to prevent them from posting. As suggested, just report them. A mod or webmaster will take care of it as soon as they see the report. Eventually, they will get tired of posting with no response and leave us in peace.

A few minutes ago, I disabled the adobe flash plug-in. (I use the Chrome browser). That seems to have fixed my problem.

For at least right now, the boards are running a lot faster for me, and my trouble notifications seem to have disappeared. Keeping my fingers crossed. (Also just read that Google is discontinuing its support of adobe flash due to many problems so I doubt I'll miss anything important by disabling that plug-in). :)

Editted on 9/24 to add:
Also installed an extension for Chrome to stop HTML5 autoplay of audio and video. That also helped. Haven't had the issue since. Here's what I added for any CHROME users who may be interested:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...toplay/efdhoaajjjgckpbkoglidkeendpkolai?hl=en

Last edited:
Running into something like the OP's problem today for the first time this morning
In Safari, I scroll down a page (not even clicking on a forum) and the site freezes. with the little spinning color wheel going round and round and round..... I have to close it out and open it again, only to have the same thing happen
In Chrome, the pages load R E A L S L O W - spinning wheel while loading goes on and on....
Restarted machine, no change. No problems on any other website and this is the first time I've had this problem

Suggestions?

Running into something like the OP's problem today for the first time this morning
In Safari, I scroll down a page (not even clicking on a forum) and the site freezes. with the little spinning color wheel going round and round and round..... I have to close it out and open it again, only to have the same thing happen
In Chrome, the pages load R E A L S L O W - spinning wheel while loading goes on and on....
Restarted machine, no change. No problems on any other website and this is the first time I've had this problem

Suggestions?
See my post above - #14.

You'll have to google disable autoplay for safari (or whatever you use for a browser) & see how to disable adobe flash & HTML5 autoplay. I no longer have those issues after doing that for CHROME . Hope you can soon say the same. :)

See my post above - #14.

You'll have to google disable autoplay for safari (or whatever you use for a browser) & see how to disable adobe flash & HTML5 autoplay. I no longer have those issues after doing that for CHROME . Hope you can soon say the same. :)

Thanks Carol - didn't see that. Will sit down and play with that when I have some time this afternoon (maybe while watching football - go VT! :) ) and report back

Nope, disabling autoplay didn't do it
Bottom line - I can't run Disboards on Safari Yosemite 10.0 without closing the site and reopening it after reading almost every thread.
Not an acceptable situation

Phew, I thought it was only me. I get repeated refreshing all.the.time. No annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter