I think tech needs to do some serious maintenance on here.

Nope, disabling autoplay didn't do it
Bottom line - I can't run Disboards on Safari Yosemite 10.0 without closing the site and reopening it after reading almost every thread.
Not an acceptable situation

Sorry that didn't work. You did disable autoplay for both Adobe Flash and HTML5, right? Don't know about Safari, but once you disable HTML5, you might also have to check something within your browser to activate it. You do for CHROME.

Last edited:
Sorry that didn't work. You did disable autoplay for both Adobe Flash and HTML5, right? Don't know about Safari, but once you disable HTML5, you might also have to check something within your browser to activate it. You do for CHROME.
Autoplay is disabled for EVERYTHING in my Safari
Funny but I'm ok using Chrome, I just far prefer Safari.
Interestingly, I'm on Safari now and so far so good (watch me jinx it). Nothing has changed from my end that I know of......very strange. Yesterday was MADDENING!

Spinning wheel is back for me.
Guess I'll be on here less now, my patience with this is pretty limited. I know many software developers don't like to deal with Apple stuff but geez, it really is a good sized market you're losing out on :)

Spinning wheel is back for me.
Guess I'll be on here less now, my patience with this is pretty limited. I know many software developers don't like to deal with Apple stuff but geez, it really is a good sized market you're losing out on :)

I have to apologize I'm an idiot this morning lol.
I have no idea why Safari came out of my fingers when I meant to type Firefox.
I'm using Firefox. Still no plans to switch my browser just to make the tech department's life easier.
And clearly its not just one browser having an issue.

Also having similar problems. One thing I also noticed - normally if you open a single thread where let's say 10 people have commented so far, then exit out, your history just shows the one thread - quick and easy to revisit if you want. Now visit just 1 thread and scroll through some people's responses and your history will show 15-20+ URLs as if they were all individual threads (I guess that's created with the constant refreshing. Also annoying, as it clogs up the cache big time.)

I also can't hit the back button anymore and return to previous page. I press and nothing happens.

I'm on the latest version of Chrome - I already blocked flash weeks ago when this problem first started happening...and just now took the above poster's advice and also installed the extension. Hopefully it'll help.

But it's only on this board - seems a bit much to have to do all this for one board, when I visit cruise boards and other discussion forums and not seeing this anywhere else.

For Firefox on windows 10 I solved most of the issues I had viewing Disboard pages (excessive long page load times, navigation problems, autoplay ads hijacking the page and not letting one navigate away from them, making the laptop run physically VERY hot, etc) by installing the Ad Block Plus extension. Disboards was the worst of the pages I visit by far, unfortunately, though it was not alone :-(

I tried some other solutions (like removing Flash) but they did not solve all the problems; AdBlock Plus seems to have solved most of them, but even it is not perfect. I don't mind seeing ads (by personal choice I do not click on ads; if something is actually of interest (rarely) I will Google the vendor and navigate directly to their page instead of clicking an ad), the problem is when they hijack the page you are trying to watch, massively slow down loading time (some Disboard and other pages have taken MINUTES to load each), cause scripting crashes (Disboard pages routinely cause script crashes for me in Firefox), etc.

FWIW, this may be of help to some: I segregate my browser usage. For general use I prefer Firefox (but do not have Flash installed on it and now have Ad Block Plus installed on it, which I disable for select sites, like the Disney official sites since they don't run right with it turned on). For email, I use Chrome Canary. For something with flash that I REALLY want to see I use Chrome (not Canary) - but it is a conscious choice since I am cutting and pasting that URL. I have Safari and Edge as backups for the odd time something won't load at all in the preferred browsers. Doing it this way means, for example, that if a page in firefox wants to hang that browser -- or, like the last couple days, the latest update is glitchy -- I still am able to read my email (and browse if needed) over in Chrome Canary.

SW

edited to add: paragraph 2

Last edited:
Fyi: I disabled autoplay for both Adobe Flash and HTML5, as one poster recommended. Seemed to help. Unfortunately, I use gotomeeting for work meetings and this muted the sound - I couldn't participate. Had to delete the extension to get gotmeeting to work again. So not a viable solution long term - at least not for me.

Was using Safari on a Macbook (don't recall the vintage, version, rev. etc. and sometimes when I hit the back button I get a popup "need to resend the form" which ends up refreshing an "intermediate page" that then immediately "redirects" to the page I just came from i.e. pressing the back button ends up doing nothing.

I also get these strange rerefreshes when doing replies using other PCs and other browsers. Like this. I am typing a reply and poof, everything vanishes for a moment and then the same reply screen reappears, often (annoyingly ) "sans" the stuff I just typed.

Which begs the question, why, why all these rerefreshes and redirects??

Wonder if it's just a "too small server" problem???

Shouldn't mater what browser anyone uses--??

For me its mostly slow loading and that irritating typing--the letters appear many seconds after I type them--and occasionally not at all!!

Disboards is awful today. The typing is so slow and eventually it just stops. I think it may have to do with Shockwave. I keep getting a message to reload. It's really annoying when you're in the middle of something.

Last edited:
Disboards is awful today. The typing is so slow and eventually it just stops. I think it may have to do with Shockwave. I keep getting a message to reload. It's really annoying when you're in the middle of something.
I'm not having any problems today. :confused3

In fact, I haven't had any for quite a while.

I started having trouble again this morning. But when I turned my laptop on this morning, I noticed there had been some automatic Windows updates. I checked the adobe flash setting and saw that it was now ENABLED - I'm sure those darn updates did it to me, LOL,

So I disabled that AGAIN and now all is well - no more auto play ads and disboards running well again. :)

Hope those of you who are still having trouble figure something out for your situation. Good luck!

I started having trouble again this morning. But when I turned my laptop on this morning, I noticed there had been some automatic Windows updates. I checked the adobe flash setting and saw that it was now ENABLED - I'm sure those darn updates did it to me, LOL,

So I disabled that AGAIN and now all is well - no more auto play ads and disboards running well again. :)

Hope those of you who are still having trouble figure something out for your situation. Good luck!

I have been having issues for about a week now on internet explorer and chrome. Can I ask where you disabled your flash settings?

I have been having issues for about a week now on internet explorer and chrome. Can I ask where you disabled your flash settings?

For CHROME:

typethe following into your address bar:

chrome://plugins

You see a list of plugins. Find the one for Adobe Flash and click the link that says Disable. Then close out of Chrome and start it up again.

You'll have to google how to do it for explorer. I don't use that one.

To disable HTML5 autoplay on CHROME, you have to download an extension. I'e been using this one:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...toplay/efdhoaajjjgckpbkoglidkeendpkolai?hl=en

Hope it works for you.

Still happening to me... for the past few weeks off and on.. Anyone else?? so frustrating! Hard to type a PM to people as well! Ugh.

I am still having trouble, too. I don't use internet explorer, but I do use Chrome, Safari and Silk on my Kindle Fire. On my kindle i can only read one page at time, then i have to close the tab and reopen the website. Today has been horrible on Chrome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter