I was not allowed to use rocking chairs at Baby Care Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
\ And, no, I did not get a financial "perk" for bf. I think this shows how little we all know about each other.

Wow ~ BF equipment must cost a lot more than when I originally researched during my first PG before I knew I wouldn't be able to BF.

We spent OVER 17K on formula the first year of my DD's life. I had no idea the equipment cost so much.

And AS I SAID before ~ again and again. I respect your privacy I think they should add a second room for bottle feeding moms and dads.

I also said if a BF designated room was completely EMPTY I don't see a problem with another mom using ONE of the FOUR empty chairs.

HOW does that violate your privacy???

However the room IMO only being available to 'Nursing' Mothers is discrimatory!

The problem being that if you let moms in that bottle feed, you would then have dads that bottle feed saying it is discrimatory against them if they are not let it. It is only a small room with 4 chairs, it is not some magical place with all sorts of extras.

There is a difference between bottle feeding and breast feeding. Some moms may feel ok with others watching them breast feed, some may not. What is so wrong with giving them a tiny room so that they don't have to expose their breasts if they are not comfortable doing so?

Good grief, we have doors on the bathroom stalls for privacy, but yet you all of a sudden expect all women to be able to just whip out their breast and feel comfortable doing so in front of total strangers?

It is sad that doing something to accomodate the more bashful breast feeding moms has turned into something so fraught with bad feelings.

I still don't care what anyone says. Society had made rooms like the Nursing Rooms at the BCC a necessity. It's not the nursing Moms who are demanding VIP rooms. The Public can't separate feeding a child from intimacy amongst adults.

Thank you for saying this so eloquently. This is at the heart of what I've been wanting to say but couldn't quite get my thoughts strung together in a coherent manner.

How has this post gone from the OP wanting a rocking chair to an all out war on what Disney 'SHOULD' be providing to breastfeeding and bottlefeeding mother's alike. This is ridiculous! Disney is under no obligation to provide any babyfeeding mother a facility with which to feed her child.

I seriously want to know what both breastfeeding and bottlefeeding mother's would do if there weren't any BCC's at Disney. Seriously.....what would you do?

Be grateful for what is available! :flower3:

Wow ~ BF equipment must cost a lot more than when I originally researched during my first PG before I knew I wouldn't be able to BF.

We spent OVER 17K on formula the first year of my DD's life. I had no idea the equipment cost so much.

And AS I SAID before ~ again and again. I respect your privacy I think they should add a second room for bottle feeding moms and dads.

I also said if a BF designated room was completely EMPTY I don't see a problem with another mom using ONE of the FOUR empty chairs.

Just curious- didn't your doc write you a RX for the formula? Most insurances would have covered that.

Honestly, why are you comparing what you spend to what I spend? Seriously? You said bf got a financial "perk". I explained that most do not. Your formula feeding experience, according to you, is not the norm. Many women experience similar to what I stated on bf. Is there a point to stating you spent over 17 k on formula? That is not the norm and has nothing to do with your statement that bf is a financial perk.

As to your last two statements, never once did the OP or anyone else say they tried to use the room, and it was empty - so I don't know why you keep stating this. Also, those aren't the only two statements you have made in your numerous posts. It is one thing to advocate for something and try to get that fulfilled. You haven't just said this, though. You have advocated against a bf room UNLESS bottlefeeding moms get the same exact thing.

How has this post gone from the OP wanting a rocking chair to an all out war on what Disney 'SHOULD' be providing to breastfeeding and bottlefeeding mother's alike. This is ridiculous! Disney is under no obligation to provide any babyfeeding mother a facility with which to feed her child.

I seriously want to know what both breastfeeding and bottlefeeding mother's would do if there weren't any BCC's at Disney. Seriously.....what would you do?

Be grateful for what is available! :flower3:

:thumbsup2

Society had made rooms like the Nursing Rooms at the BCC a necessity. It's not the nursing Moms who are demanding VIP rooms. The Public can't separate feeding a child from intimacy amongst adults.

Yes, and further *who* would it be that is demanding this room? yep, people who bottlefed. No one who had nursed would complain about it and force laws to be put in place to protect bfing in public. Bfer's didn't put the room there, it is those who complain about it. I don't want to use the room and I wish no one else had to use it (unless they want to), b/c bfing was so normal and common that no one would think a thing of it.

And the latest poster who stated a Nursing Only room is discriminatory, PLEASE answer this question.....why would Disney make a special, privileged room for nursing moms? I want a good reason why you think this form of discrimination is promoted?

Just curious- didn't your doc write you a RX for the formula? Most insurances would have covered that.

Ours wouldn't. We tried everything to get it covered. Our doc went above and beyond to help us. She gave us a bunch of samples of different things.

The WORST was when all of a sudden all the places I frequented ran out of it. Doctors office called around and found us some at another office until we could get more shipped.

Like I said... all worth it in the end and I would do it again in a heartbeat for my little peanut!

I mean really ~ with a little face like this ~ it was all worth it!

IMG_7304.JPG

And Annette.... I give up on you. You seem to be a very angry person to me. I really hope that ISN'T the case.

Yes, and further *who* would it be that is demanding this room? yep, people who bottlefed.

First of all I am not DEMANDING anything. I don't think anyone here is ~ I think they are saying it would be *nice*

And I gave OTHER examples of things that I think are making Disney less and less family friendly for families with small children.

Ours wouldn't. We tried everything to get it covered. Our doc went above and beyond to help us. She gave us a bunch of samples of different things.

The WORST was when all of a sudden all the places I frequented ran out of it. Doctors office called around and found us some at another office until we could get more shipped.

Like I said... all worth it in the end and I would do it again in a heartbeat for my little peanut!

I mean really ~ with a little face like this ~ it was all worth it!

IMG_7304.JPG

And Annette.... I give up on you. You seem to be a very angry person to me. I really hope that ISN'T the case.

That stinks. She is very cute btw.:goodvibes I had a friend who actually had to breastfeed her kids for a long time including pumping at work for an extended time because both her kids had so many allergies. They couldn't take the formula and milk was just as hard on them.
But alas, as a parent we do whatever we need to for our babies.:lovestruc

That stinks. She is very cute btw.:goodvibes I had a friend who actually had to breastfeed her kids for a long time including pumping at work for an extended time because both her kids had so many allergies. They couldn't take the formula and milk was just as hard on them.
But alas, as a parent we do whatever we need to for our babies.:lovestruc

I thought many times how much easier it would be on us and her if I had been able to BF. Unfortunately it wasn't an option.

All in all I felt more bad for her as I know she struggled to keep anything in her tummy.

Sorry ~ not trying to hijack. :)

First of all I am not DEMANDING anything. I don't think anyone here is ~ I think they are saying it would be *nice*

And I gave OTHER examples of things that I think are making Disney less and less family friendly for families with small children.

Oh, I didn't mean demanding use of the room I meant demanding it's creation in the first place. It is there for some reason.

I do agree with you other examples on non-family-friendliness.

Most insurance companies do not cover special formulas, because they say it is a dietary supplement. We were told our only option was to apply for WIC, which of coursewould not help us either. We used hypoallergenic formula as well and spent close to $15K on formula alone in the first year. We went through three different very expensive formulas to find one that worked. Not to mention the fact that we had to try 3 different types of bottles. Quite frankly it was a nightmare. I would much rather have been able to nurse her and deal with any and everything that comes with that than see my baby suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter