Ideas for pizza or late meal or epcot take out for late arrival at Boardwalk?

miamimama

Mouseketeer
I have a family member arriving mco 9pm and we are staying at BWV. If plane is on time they might arrive - via Lyft by 10:30 or so. And they will be hungry! Pizza is an option- although I’m not sure what the boardwalk offers these days. I remember not liking their pizza. Maybe its improved.
Since we have a kitchen, any good experiences from getting takeout to reheat nearby. ? I know I could cook- but I am on vacation lol.

Boardwalk Deli offers hot and cold items (sandwiches mostly) and Boardwalk Pizza offers pizza and salads. I believe Trattoria al Forno is also still offering a mobile order, take-out, option. I would choose items from one of or a combination of those three places and then just re-heat as needed once your family member arrives.

Boardwalk Deli offers hot and cold items (sandwiches mostly) and Boardwalk Pizza offers pizza and salads. I believe Trattoria al Forno is also still offering a mobile order, take-out, option. I would choose items from one of or a combination of those three places and then just re-heat as needed once your family member arrives.
Trattoria was not offering it on our post-Thanksgiving trip (times would show up and then it would say not accepting orders) but that may have changed since then. We did eat in and really enjoy it, I'm sure they could pack up an extra order to go.

Trattoria was not offering it on our post-Thanksgiving trip (times would show up and then it would say not accepting orders) but that may have changed since then. We did eat in and really enjoy it, I'm sure they could pack up an extra order to go.
Oh yea trattoria might be a good option. ! Thx.

I just returned from the Boardwalk, and this was true for me as well. Times showed up, but then said that they were not accepting orders.

Getting food on a late arrival night has always been a problem for us. We just buy food before the flight and eat it on the plane so we are less hungry later. We also bring snacks to eat in the room (cookies, peanut butter crackers, etc.).

Since you have a kitchen, throw in a frozen pizza that everyone else can share at that time. Flying is so unpredictable, who knows when they will land and get to the room.

Boardwalk Pizza is crap..
walk over to the Dolphin and go to the fountain which is open until 11pm I believe. Not the best food but much better than any counter service or quick service you can get at the boardwalk.

Finding food later at night is rough. I would likely do 1 of the following:
  • Get a meal, like a sandwich, and throw it in the fridge
  • Make something really easy like frozen pizza (like some one said above) or spaghetti

I agree with The Fountain at Dolphin. Even if you get it to go and reheat it later decent food and big portions.

By reputation, the Boardwalk pizza window is among the worst onsite pizza at WDW.

Is getting an offsite pizza delivered an option?

Is the Fountain typically super busy in the later evening? Considering have a food box delivered prior to our arrival or walking over to the Dolphin. Just don't want to walk over from the YC after traveling all day only to be met with a crowd.

Thanks!

Is the Fountain typically super busy in the later evening? Considering have a food box delivered prior to our arrival or walking over to the Dolphin. Just don't want to walk over from the YC after traveling all day only to be met with a crowd.

Thanks!
We stayed at the Dolphin Easter week, and the Fountain was never busy. Sometimes really dead. Sort of surprising considered the gridlock crowds everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter