If I buy now?

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
I have a resale contract August use year. If I buy direct now will I get 2022 loaded ? And if so can i bank them into 2023 year

Depending on the resort you might have to wait to buy the points, only Aulani, VGF & RIV are in active sales right now and would have point available right away.

Thank you everyone this helps me alot. I new I came to the right place.

So just to make sure I have this right, we are going to DW in May to specifically look at RR and GFR to buy 150 direct points for October use year. I would get all 150 points for 2022 (which would need to be banked or expire September 30th, 2023) and not have to pay the 2022 dues and then get another 150 points on October 1st, 2023 and not pay any dues until January of 2024?

So just to make sure I have this right, we are going to DW in May to specifically look at RR and GFR to buy 150 direct points for October use year. I would get all 150 points for 2022 (which would need to be banked or expire September 30th, 2023) and not have to pay the 2022 dues and then get another 150 points on October 1st, 2023 and not pay any dues until January of 2024?
You wouldn't owe dues on the 2022 points because they are assessed per calendar year. You'd pay prorated dues for the 2023 points, from date of purchase through 12/31, then owe for your 2024 dues next January.

I recently did that direct for VGF and lined up my June UY, got the 2022 and 2023 points, no dues on 2022.

Ahhh, got it. Still seems like a good deal to get double points. :)
Buying late in the use year, especially after the banking deadline, is always nice for the prior UY's points. For example, I just added on 50 points to my Feb UY membership last month. I got the 50 2022 points because we are still in the 2022 UY for February contracts, and because it's so late in the year there was really no way I was going to use them before January 31st, but DVC is always happy to bank them for you (even up until the very last minute because they are legally obligated to provide those points).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter