If I say it out loud, will my wish come true.. PTR May 2011(Link to TR pg41)

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
Okay…..I am going to tell everyone my wish….hopefully it will still come true.
I want to go back to Disney!!!!!!

I'll get to the details of how this trip might come to be but first:

The cast of characters
Me, Diane 28 - I love Disney and this would be my 8th? trip.
I went 4 times with my family when I was younger, twice with DH
when we first got married and we had our 1st trip with our DD last
May

DH, John 30- not a Disney lover :confused3 It's a battle to discuss and
try to plan a trip. He would be happy never going back and thinks that
since I make him go back a trip every 5 years or so should do:scared1:
I was really hoping the trip with DD would win him over, but nope didn't happen.

DD, Caitlin -turned 6 a few days ago:sad2:, I don't know where the time went. She is the main reason I have pushed so hard to go back so soon.
She is the perfect age for Disney. She is obsessed with Star Wars. She enjoyed Disney but not as much as I hoped. She wants to go back again,
but she doesn't want to talk about it. (she is way too much like DH)

Oh yeah... Caitlin has no idea I am planning this trip. She knows we will be going back eventually but I am not telling her about this trip until I am 100% percent positive we are going. Not sure when I will tell her yet... I was thinking maybe on the way to the airport? Anyway, if you see her don't tell her about this trip please.
Here is a picture of us from Tusker house last May

IMG_0710-1.jpg

Here is DD meeting Cinderella at CRT which happen to be 2 of my favorite pictures
Image0027-1.jpg

Image0021-1.jpg

A little trip background:
DH, DD and I went to WDW last May for 11days/10 nights. It was a great trip and I was really okay when DH said he didn’t want to go back for another 2 years. Okay, maybe I wasn’t okay with it. While it was a great trip I ended up having a cold for ¾ of the trip and didn’t get to do everything I wanted. I kept thinking of everything we missed. We didn’t see ANY parades(we usually returned to the hotel to swim in the afternoon), didn’t see Illuminations, missed the Beauty and the Beast show, no Lion King at AK…….the list goes on.

I finally bugged DH enough to agree to return in a year and a half. I really wanted to go back in Oct. It is DD’s birthday month and I love all the pictures of the Halloween decorations. It is also much slower than May and it’s the food and wine festival. Who wouldn’t want to go back in Oct? Second choice would have to be Nov. so we could see the x-mas decorations. October it is. I made my Oct. 2011 picture for my change jar and moved on.

Oh, I should warn you now….. I ramble and change my mind all the time. I am a Gemini which is the sign of the twins. I am able to be completely on board about an idea one minute, and the next minute have about a million arguments why it won’t work. Annoying, I know.

Long story short about why no Oct? I am really hoping to add to our family within the next few years and hoping to pregnant at that time. I know people travel to WDW all the time pregnant but it’s just not something I would want to do. No Splash Mountain. TOT, Kali Rapids…..no Grey Goose slushie, no Hulk roller coaster at IOA….um, no. Time for a new plan.

I came across the Princess Half Marathon. I asked DH if I did it could we return in Feb. (I don’t run at all and kind of hate exercise) He agreed thinking there would be no way I could do it. I started the couch to 5k in August and made it through. I meet all the criteria we set were DH would return. I could actually do it. My official training would start last week. I made the hotel arrangements and ADR’s but every time I talked to DH about it he has some issues. He did not want to go back within a year. He may not be able to get the vacation time, what if there is a blizzard that week (we live n CT)and we can’t make it down? Last week I decided to let go of the idea of the Princess Half Marathon for this year. I still want to do it within the next year and made DH agree that whatever year I decide to do it he will give me no objections. Even if we had just been a few months ago he would still go down for the weekend of the Princess. I have to say I was relieved about switching from Feb. I was running across too many negatives when trying to plan.

Next up, I think I finally have the dates. May 14- 22nd . DD is obsessed with Star Wars and Star Tours is set to open by this week. I am also hoping Star Wars Weekend will be started the weekend we leave so we can catch this again. (Another reason why Feb. wasn’t a good choice, DD has been begging to go back to SWW so she can get her picture with Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker). DH has agreed. It is a year apart from our last trip which is too close for him, but acceptable. Plus it is warm enough to swim whereas Feb. may not have been. He also refused to go back Memorial Day weekend so I pushed it up a week.

Now that we have the dates decided, it’s time for the important stuff

Where are we staying?
I haven’t made a final decision yet but I do know that we will be doing a split stay. I am thinking we will try a value this time for the beginning of the trip, followed by a few days in a deluxe. Disney has not released any discounts for May other than free dining Memorial Day weekend so that may change things later. I really like the theme of ASMo, but it just seems like the rooms are a little run down. ASMu and Sports just don’t interest me so that leaves us with……
1237837991-54449_full.jpg

Pop Century
It seems that people really love Pop. I am really excited to try it. I love all of the icons and the theming looks really fun. We stayed at POR last trip and all the reasons that people suggest upgrading to a moderate didn’t really come into play. We didn’t really use the slide, hot tub, fridge, or TS restaurant. We didn’t spend that much time in the room so it seems a little silly to spend money on things we don’t need. I am also thinking that once DD gets bigger we won’t want to stay at a value just b/c of the smaller sized rooms, so I think it’s now or never.

I haven’t decided what deluxe to end our trip in. It’s between AKL, BC, or BWI. DD really wants to stay at AKL b/c she loves animals. We checked it out last trip and we would all love to stay there. The only reason I might pick something else is b/c I am hoping Disney will have SWW on the weekend we are there. It would be super convient to be at the Boardwalk or Beach Club and hop over to DHS for Star Wars. We attended last year and DHS was a mad house. It would be great to get there early and once the crowds get unbearable, hop the boat back to the resort and hit the pool. Disney’s discount will also play a role here too. No way am I paying $923 to spend 2 nights at the BC.

Oh yeah. DH agreed to go back to Disney on 2 conditions.
1. This trip would be cheaper than last year’s trip. Last year we did POR with deluxe dining. DD did BBB, dinner at CRT, the pirates cruise out of GF, and we did the Pirates and Pals Wishes cruise. It all added up quickly. Planning a cheaper trip shouldn’t be too hard.
2. I am on my own when it comes to paying for the trip. Ugh. If it means picking up extra shifts and working weekends I’ll do it. Last year we used the tax return money towards our trip and we agreed that this year we would use the taxes toward putting new siding up. DH will be responsible for paying for Universal tickets though, b/c I could just go without.

Hey Pink!! Sounds like a good plan so far. I'm CONSTANTLY thinking about disney, my coworkers think I'm nuts!!! So, you're in a good place to find other people to talk to. I've even hopped to the parks or DTD to meet a few dissers, since I"m about 45 mins east of disney. It's awesome, but doesn't let me save much money!! All our money goes to the mouse!! HAHA But, it's worth it. If you do figure out that's when you're gonna be there, let me know, we can set up a time to meet. I think we're staying at BLT, I want all 7 of us to stay together, so we're looking at the 2br units. Just want something really awesome for DN's family's first time.

Hey Pink!! Sounds like a good plan so far. I'm CONSTANTLY thinking about disney, my coworkers think I'm nuts!!! So, you're in a good place to find other people to talk to. I've even hopped to the parks or DTD to meet a few dissers, since I"m about 45 mins east of disney. It's awesome, but doesn't let me save much money!! All our money goes to the mouse!! HAHA But, it's worth it. If you do figure out that's when you're gonna be there, let me know, we can set up a time to meet. I think we're staying at BLT, I want all 7 of us to stay together, so we're looking at the 2br units. Just want something really awesome for DN's family's first time.

:welcome:
Thanks for joining in! I am pretty sure we have our final dates and DH seems to in agreement about the trip. I mentioned something about SWW and how I didn't want DD to know we might be going during them and he goes "Wait. I thought we were going to be there for that?" That to me sounds like someone who has accepted his fate.

You are so lucky to be so close to the mouse. I don't think I would have any money left to save if I lived close either. A 2bdrm at BLT sounds like an awesome plan!

I'm here, I'm here!!! I am so excited to follow your adventure to Disney! I love reading your posts, you sound like me so much I am always all about something and then changing my mind a day or 2 later. However with Disney I am stubborn with myself. It will happen, END OF STORY! LOL. Anyway, Pop Century is awesome, we loved it there. Now we have never done deluxe and probably never will, especially with a family of 6, but maybe some day, you never know.

Jetblue released their prices yesterday. I was really hoping they would have a cheaper return flight but that didn't happen.

Right now for the flight from Bradley to MCO SW is the cheapest at $79. I am thinking I should just go ahead and book this since I doubt I'll find a better price.

On our way home SW is 156, JetBlue is 144, and Delta is only $79. I know Delta has baggage fees, but we would only check 1 bag so it would still be cheaper. I think maybe I'll just book the SW fare down and wait a bit for the return flight.

I seem to be alone here but if anyone has any opionions on Delta please let me know:)

I guess I'll keep Disney talk green and life stuff purple.
I am officially starting my diet today. I am hoping to lose about 20lbs before our trip. As I mentioned I starting walking/jogging 3 times a week in Aug. I seem to have lost of few rolls of fat around my hips and my thighs are smaller but I haven't lost any weight:confused3 Now, I am going to incorporate healthy eating and hopefully this will change.

I'm here, I'm here!!! I am so excited to follow your adventure to Disney! I love reading your posts, you sound like me so much I am always all about something and then changing my mind a day or 2 later. However with Disney I am stubborn with myself. It will happen, END OF STORY! LOL. Anyway, Pop Century is awesome, we loved it there. Now we have never done deluxe and probably never will, especially with a family of 6, but maybe some day, you never know.

Yay, you're here. :cheer2:

I'm glad you liked Pop. We've only stayed at POR, the rest of the trips have been offsite. We loved POR but there are so many resorts I want to try we most likely won't go back for awhile.

We will only be doing a deluxe for a few days. I am hoping Disney releases a room discount for May. I don't think I can pay rack rate for a deluxe:scared1:
If they don't maybe we will do a few days at CSR or even a Universal hotel since we will spend some time at Universal.

I did the all the things people say to do on the Disney site but I still have never gotten a pin:sad2:

Last week I decided to order myself something from the Disneystore online. Whenever I order something for DD it arrives within 2 days. It has now been over a week. I tracked the shipping and the item made it to Wallingford, CT on 0ct. 14th and has been sitting there. I checked the shipping today and it should arrive today.:cool1:

It is my reward to myself for completely the Couch to 5K running program. It is something I have been waiting to buy and when Disney had free shipping a few weekends ago I jumped all over it.

I hate waiting. All other days we would have gotten the mail by now. :surfweb:

I can't wait to post pictures of what I bought!

I'm here :)

If you're looking to do Disney on a budget, Pop is a great choice! I've stayed there twice (in the 50's and 70's) and was really happy with it both times. The service there is very good and the food court is great. I've never used the pool there though so I can't comment on that.

Looking forward to hearing your plans and if I hear of any good deals for next May I'll let you know! :goodvibes

I'm here :)

If you're looking to do Disney on a budget, Pop is a great choice! I've stayed there twice (in the 50's and 70's) and was really happy with it both times. The service there is very good and the food court is great. I've never used the pool there though so I can't comment on that.

Looking forward to hearing your plans and if I hear of any good deals for next May I'll let you know! :goodvibes

Thanks for coming over.
I'm glad that you liked Pop. Most people seem to like it, but then like all resorts some people hate it. We don't spend too much time at the resort other than sleeping and maybe using the pool. I know the pool at Pop doesn't have many thrills but I figure since we are doing a split stay the 2nd resort will have a great slide and I will plan on spending more time relaxing at the end of the trip.

Fingers crossed for ANY type of deal for May.

The mail came:

400000493053MS-2.jpg

I bought the blue wristlet. I was going to take my own picture but I have to say I am not thrilled with the placement. I am thinking of maybe returning it and having my sister pick me up one when she takes her trip in a few weeks. I was so excited when I ordered it but everything is cut in half.

I guess I'll think about it for a bit.
:sad1:

nice ptr, we went last may and are planning on going back in may! :goodvibes we've stayed at Pop the last 2 years and for the price it's great. Also, i'm so jealous of your wristlet! i wanted to buy the disney doony when we were there last year but i didnt want to pay that much :rolleyes1

nice ptr, we went last may and are planning on going back in may! :goodvibes we've stayed at Pop the last 2 years and for the price it's great. Also, i'm so jealous of your wristlet! i wanted to buy the disney doony when we were there last year but i didnt want to pay that much :rolleyes1

I never thought we would end up going back in May. Not quite sure how it turned out this way.

I really want an actual Disney Dooney bag but I can't spend $200 on a bag when trying to save for the trip. The wristlet was a stretch since I could have thrown the money in the Disney jar. But I don't really have a purse that I use right now. I work in a hospital and I keep all my work stuff in my work bag. When I'm not working I take my license and debit card out and stuff them into my jeans pocket along with my cell phone. I figure with the wristlet I can keep my cards and phone in there and just throw it in my work bag when going to work. I am surprised I haven't lost anything yet since I hate carrying a purse. And I never spend money on myself.
Oh and on Nov. 9 will be our 9th wedding anniversary. I thought of having DH get it as my gift but that would just be me buying, wrapping and giving it to him to give to me. Then, I would have to find something he wanted for $50. Instead I told him we weren't exchanging gifts. His response? "Whatever."

Hey!! Glad you got something for yourself. I'm BAD like that, I'll buy stuff for everyone, and not myself. Sometimes, you just need something new. I like the dooney bags, but they are quite pricey. I haven't stayed at pop, but heard it was really nice. I was hoping for a pin for that week also, but we're lucky, we're military, so we get 40% off, and then the cheaper tickets. That's how we're able to afford BLT. That and DH gets a bonus, otherwise, it would be mod of value for us, and didn't really want to do that for the first timers.

Yea, living this close, I have NO savings. Well, a little bit :) don't worry about changing things, we ALL go thru that!!!!!

Oh yeah... Caitlin has no idea I am planning this trip. She knows we will be going back eventually but I am not telling her about this trip until I am 100% percent positive we are going. Not sure when I will tell her yet... I was thinking maybe on the way to the airport? Anyway, if you see her don't tell her about this trip please.

I'm assuming that's directed towards me? :rotfl: Don't worry I won't say anything!:thumbsup2

I bought the blue wristlet. I was going to take my own picture but I have to say I am not thrilled with the placement. I am thinking of maybe returning it and having my sister pick me up one when she takes her trip in a few weeks. I was so excited when I ordered it but everything is cut in half.

If you don't like it, send it back and I'll get you a good one when I'm there, I was planning on going to most of the stores that sell them anyway because I want one of them. There's no reason to spend $50 on something you're not happy with.when I can just get you a really nice one!:)

I'm assuming that's directed towards me? :rotfl: Don't worry I won't say anything!:thumbsup2

If you don't like it, send it back and I'll get you a good one when I'm there, I was planning on going to most of the stores that sell them anyway because I want one of them. There's no reason to spend $50 on something you're not happy with.when I can just get you a really nice one!:)

Yes it is directed towards you! I'm not sure how her grandmother will keep it from her either?

I was going to ask you to get me one, but I didn't want to wait so long. I think I will just send it back and wait for you to go. I like the green, blue, pink and purple so I don't care about the color too much. I would just like one where something is fully one there. It can be Tink, Dumbo, Mickey. The one I got has Mickey's body, Tink's legs and dumbo's head:confused3

Yes it is directed towards you! I'm not sure how her grandmother will keep it from her either?

I was going to ask you to get me one, but I didn't want to wait so long. I think I will just send it back and wait for you to go. I like the green, blue, pink and purple so I don't care about the color too much. I would just like one where something is fully one there. It can be Tink, Dumbo, Mickey. The one I got has Mickey's body, Tink's legs and dumbo's head:confused3

I'll tell her not to say anything. Although I don't even know if she knows you're going yet.

I'll find a good wristlet, don't worry, I wouldn't want one with bad placement! I like the purple ones the best, obviously, but I really like the pink and blue ones too. I'll try to find a blue one first since that's what you ordered.

Oh I have a Disney shirt for you if you want it. The one I bought a few months ago that's gray with Mickey and Minnie on it? It doesn't fit me at all, so I bought the same shirt in a bigger size so if you want it you can have it. :)

Hey!! Glad you got something for yourself. I'm BAD like that, I'll buy stuff for everyone, and not myself. Sometimes, you just need something new. I like the dooney bags, but they are quite pricey. I haven't stayed at pop, but heard it was really nice. I was hoping for a pin for that week also, but we're lucky, we're military, so we get 40% off, and then the cheaper tickets. That's how we're able to afford BLT. That and DH gets a bonus, otherwise, it would be mod of value for us, and didn't really want to do that for the first timers.

Yea, living this close, I have NO savings. Well, a little bit :) don't worry about changing things, we ALL go thru that!!!!!

I never buy stuff for myself unless it is a necessity. Usually I end up buying stuff for DD. It is so easy to shop for her since clothes are so much cuter for kids.

You're lucky you get 40% off for being military. DH was in the military 2000-2004 and when we went in 2001,2002 I don't remember any discounts being available other than buying the tickets a bit cheaper at the base. I wish Shades of Green was available then b/c I would have booked that in a second!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter