If you could choose one place to have breakfast....

binkyj826

<font color="red">One "belong" coming right up<br>
Hello.....I have been reading these boards for a few weeks and this is my first post.
My husband and I are not big breakfast eaters....usually Dunkin Donuts coffee and maybe a bagel (no Krispy Kreme's in my area yet.....and I am dying to try them!). We are staying at the ASSp 12/2-12/8. We would like to try at least one breakfast place. If you could have just one breakfast at Disney what would your choice be?
You guys have been so helpful with all of the information that is on these boards....you're much appreciated!
--Tammie

Welcome to the DIS!

I also don't eat much for breakfast. I adore the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian -- Tonga Toast (banana stuffed cinnamon french toast) and Kona coffee!!! It's not a heavy breakfast. Kona Cafe is a slightly fancy coffee shop with fast and friendly service, and good prices.

Gotta say Chef Mickey's! As an all adult party, just me and DH, we don't do the character thing much, but we find it impossible to do Disney without a character meal- it just doesn't feel like a Disney vacation. I am not a big breakfast eater, so I know I don't get my money's worth, but for 1 day it is fun. Plus I have serious cravings for the hashbrown casserole and ambrosia salad they serve there. The atmosphere is noisy and there are tons of kids, but it just gets me in the Disney mood. We are only doing one restuarant brekafast for our Dec 02 trip, and guess what- it's Chef Mickey's.

...for the day

going to epcot....eat at spoodles on the BW and use the international entrance at epcot

going to mgm...you could eat at spoodles and take the boat from the bw to mgm

going to mk....kona kafe at the poly, and then the monorail to mk

going to ak - boma's

good luck
john

Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast...but Cindys with the cheese filled french toast would be a close second.

Boma :D !!

It has a large selection of really fresh food. Some of the things we enjoyed most were the pork tenderloin (yes- for breakfast), omlets made to order with lots of fillings to choose from, delicious pastries (my favorites were the croissants and huge pecan sticky buns). There were, of course, tons more items to choose from.

DH and I are going back in November!

Kona at the Polynesian on a MK day. If You're driving, drive to the MK lot and then take the short walk from the TTC to the Grand Ceremonial House at the Poly. Tonga Toast is so good and so rich!

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian! Great food and a wonderful, laid back atmosphere.

Bomas is my favorite. So many choices. Always wanted to try Konas . maybe next trip.

We like the Crystal Palace (if it's open) when we're at MK. Boma is excellent and I've heard nothing but good things about the Kona Cafe. We really must try it sometime!

I would choose Chef Mickey's just because of the Characters. Food is good and there is lot's of it. My choice for best breakmast meal is Kona's, Tonga Toast is excellent.
Have a great trip!

If I could pick one place to have breakfast it would be in my room.
And not at room service prices, thank you.
Second choice would be the resort lobby. For free.
If Hampton Inn can do it for everybody in an $80 room, why can't Disney do it for $250 rooms? I can't think of a better way to fill up those Deluxe resorts.

Our all time favorite is the Kona Cafe!!! - if you ask my 4 yr old DS he will say Chef Mickey's!

We almost always have Room Service breakfast, which is really great. It give DS (four years old) a chance to have a "quiet" meal where he actually eats something.
It's especially nice if you have a balcony with a view
And it forces you to get out of bed when they knock on the door!

In all our trips to WDW, I think the only place we have ever had breakfast was at Beaches & Cream! This trip we are hoping to try breakfast at Boma's and at the Poly.

After last week I must say Kona Cafe! :D If you don't want all sweet, get an order of Tonga toast and another order(we got Eggs Benedict) and split everything in half(even the sides were different!) . Great way to try different things too! Not expensive at all so you may want another breakfast out:cool: ! YUMMY TONGA TOAST:p !

Kona Cafe with Spoodles coming in a close second!!

I love breakfast out, even though DH does not always. We have enjoyed the character breakfast at the Swan. They have a great buffet and omlette station, and their coffee is good. We also like Spoodles.

This trip we are going to try Kona and the Contemporary Steak House. Both of their menu's are on www.wdwig.com and sound really good.

Considering the selection, and the fact that it is a character meal, I would say 1900 Park Faire. We aren't big breakfast eaters, so when we do go for breakfast, we like to do it up right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter