If you could design a Spain pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase, what would you include?

All this Spanish food suggestions are making me hungry. I might go to YouTube to start looking up some recipes. 😋🥘🍲🇪🇸

A nice ride traveling down a watery path in a Spanish styled boat showing what Spain has to offer
Also a nice CS with good offering for a great price will attract customers :)
How about a store with nice perfumes and some toys for children ?
What about a simple book on how to learn some good words in Spanish? - since I know very little Spanish and the USA is starting to have both Spanish and English words at some venues.

Last edited:

I would think that Spain has a lot of potential. Flamenco dancing, castles, tapas, wine. I am sure they would need to have bulls too, but probably best to avoid bullfighting.

I would spend SO MUCH MONEY on Ferdinand stuff.... Disney.... give him a cameo in Ratatouille!
Does Disney own Ferdinand now? Since Disney bought 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios, it might be possible to bring him into the park? I'm not an attorney so I don't know what Disney legally could do but Ferdinand would be cool to see at a Spain pavilion. Is this similar to the Marvel Comics movies, where Disney now makes the movies but can't put the characters in the parks because Universal Studios does already?:magnify::charac4: 🐂🇪🇸

Does Disney own Ferdinand now? Since Disney bought 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios, it might be possible to bring him into the park? I'm not an attorney so I don't know what Disney legally could do but Ferdinand would be cool to see at a Spain pavilion. Is this similar to the Marvel Comics movies, where Disney now makes the movies but can't put the characters in the parks because Universal Studios does already?:magnify::charac4: 🐂🇪🇸
Disney has always owned Ferdinand but done virtually nothing with the IP. :) Well I mean they bought the rights many many years ago, they didn't create him.

Wine, lots and lots of wine and food, lots and lots of food. Shops too. I don't need a ride or a movie. I'm actually kind of anti ride in WS, I don't think the countries need them and it sort of takes away from the idea of visiting another country for those who aren't able to travel internationally. My favorite pavilion in Epcot (in the before times) is Morocco because of the details and the experience of getting a little bit of the culture.

I would expect an Inquisition area.....
R.35a181e7696b3b7d8ec4e76d7cbc2513

I think there’d have to be something Dalí, something Buñuel, and something Gaudí.
No, I didn’t choose those names just to use the special characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter