~ If You Could Only Do 3 Parks, Which 3 Would You Do? ~

Another vote for skipping AK. It was too hot, overly crowded, just not our kind of thing. My 5 yr old loves Epcot as much as MK. Epcot is definitely one we would Not skip.

I would vote to skip Animal Kingdom, we give this park another "try it again" ever year. We just can not get into it. It is not that it is bad, we just think the other parks have so much more to offer. I would not skip Epcot my kids have always liked that park. :goodvibes

Ok, Ok, you all have convinced me. I'm easy. :lmao:

Originally it was skip AK and do Epcot, but then all i had heard was it was about different countries. (This was pre-DISboards LOL). But you all have made me see the light.

Epcot is back in for sure. MK is still at two days. Now between AK and DHS.

Just my personal preference but I know we would skip Disney Hollywood Studios (MGM).
Just not enough there that we enjoy anymore. I will probably stop by with our hopper on our next visit just to do the Toy Story ride and may Great Movie Ride(because it's tradition).

As I get older I really have come to appreciate AK.

Hi. We would be hard pressed to pick between Epcot and MK as our adult faves, but I'm sure the kids will love MK the best! There's magic everywhere!!

I think Future World has plenty of kid-friendly stuff to play with and explore, the Living Seas pavilion with Nemo and Crush, Figment, plus the Innoventions stuff. Lots of characters appear in World Showcase now, too.

I'm concerned that you'll run out of things to do at either AK or HS, then will need something elso to do since you're not hopping. Epcot has shows, Illuminations every night, and a ton of interractions both with characters and folks from other lands.

You know your family best, but I think I would skip AK if it were my family.

Have a great trip and let us know how it turns out!

:cool1: We absolutely love MK. I would do that everyday. But if I had to leave one out it would be Epcot or AK. Both are nice, but very hot. Especially Epcot for some reason when we go there it is too hot to stay long. I would be sure to do DHS. It's a lot of fun. :rotfl:

Maryann :surfweb:

I would do:
Magic Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
EPCOT

I love Animal Kingdom, but if I had to skip one, that's the one I'd skip

Right now I would skip AK, as we will want to do the new TS ride in HS. But normally we would skip HS, it is our least favorite now. Used to be AK. If we do AK we only do half a day. We skippe dit altogether last Jan, and went to HS twice. We regretted going to HS twice.

I just got back from church and I've been thinking about you! LOL, love my priest but the mind wanders a bit during his sermons!.

Why don't you play it by ear. I remember when my daughter was 5 we ended up going to MK 3 days!

We were there with friends and my husband went to EPCOT with them and Lauren and I kept heading back to the MK - that's really what she wanted to do! She wanted to put on her princess hat and do the teacups. Also, Toontown had just opened and she really loved that!!!

Here she is at 5!
shapeimage_1.png

Given the ages of your kids and the things you say they're interested in, I would say save Animal Kingdom for your next trip and focus on Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and EPCOT.

Magic Kingdom has the princess stuff. Hollywood Studios has some princess, some Disney Channel (HSM3! Coming in October!), and is more easily navigated (from what I understand) than Animal Kingdom.

I had the exact same dilemma -- we have a DD6 who will have just turned 7 when we go. We decided to concentrate on this trip on making it easy and fun for her, knowing we will go back (hopefully at a less crowded time!) and see what we're missing out on this go-round.

Edited to add: If we arrive at WDW on Dec. 30 and find that MK is closed due to reaching capacity, we will probably head to Animal Kingdom for a half-day and try to see Festival of the Lion King. I have the rest of the days planned out to the nth degree, but left that first day with some flexibility since we won't be able to do a rope-drop start. If we can get in to MK that day, though, that's where we're headed!

With the ages of your kids, I'd definetly do MK 2 full days. I'd personally leave AK out, but that's just me. I'd probably throw in Epcot or HS. Both have some kid friendly rides, (I think both of yours should be tall enough for Soarin' -which is a great ride at Epcot.) We went when my son was 3, and he had no problems getting on that. There's also the Nemo ride, talking with Crush and Figmant at Epcot, which would be great for your kids ages. HS has some pretty good shows for your kids ages too. I'm sure whatever you pick, you'll have a great time.

I think we'd do HS over AK, especially with the new Toy Story ride. They have a few kid rides, and a lot of good kid shows (B&B show, Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid ect.)

Too bad you are not getting the park hopper, but being as that is the case, I would not miss AK, it is so much not a zoo. I would do MK, Epcot and AK. If you decide to change and get the park hopper, I would spend an entire day in MK, an entire day in Epcot and Morning in AK, 12/ day and the other half in DHS.

In MK, I would concentrate on Toontown and Fantasyland then depending on the kids stamina branch out from there.

In Epcot, I would concentrate on The Seas with Nemo and Imagination Pavillions first, then head for some of the different countries in World showcase.

In AK I would do the Safari first thing as the kids will see more animals out before it get warm, then make your way towards Dino land area.

I am at a loss just now for smaller kids in DHS, my kids are nearly completely grown and enjoyed all the wilder rides and attractions, so not so familiar with what there is for little ones just now in DHS.

Hope that helps you make up your mind.

WOW! You guys are so full of info and so willing to share. I love it. Thank you so much.

I really don't want to plan too much, but I do want a sense of what we want to try and do as not to miss anything important. We will of course follow their cues (one reason we are leaving the little babe home).

Keep it coming. I get new info every time someone responds. :thumbsup2

If I only had three parks to choose for my next trip it would be:
Magic Kingdom: a given! I have a DD4 (5 by then) and DD 15 months (21 months by then.
Epcot: My favorite park and my DD4's favorite ride is Soarin'.
DHS: My DH's favorite park and I can't wait to try Toy Story Mania. Plus, both girls are really into Playhouse Disney, and last year my little one slept through the show outside with Grandma. This year I know she'll be dancing the whole time!

I like AK, but it's definitely 4th on my list. I am going to try and be brave and do EE with my DH this year though and my DD4 is actually looking forward to Dinosaur!

Hey there Jamie!!! It's good to see you over here :hug:

If I had to choose just 3 parks, for the kids' sake, I think I'd skip Epcot. DH agrees with me. We love Epcot, and there are definitely things there for the little ones if you do decide to go there. I just think of the 4 there is more opportunity for them to be bored. The only things a small would be the attractions at the Living Seas (Nemo, .

Though in all honesty, I would do everything I could to find a way to see all 4. It just wouldn't feel like a full trip to WDW to me if I skipped a park.

(And If you think DAM is addicting, just hang out around here for awhile!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter