If you could only run attend rD race weekend per year, which would it be?

If you could only run one rD race weekend per year, which would it be?

• Princess

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Dark Side

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tinker Bell

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Disneyland Half

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Disneyland Paris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wine and Dine

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Avengers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WDW Marathon Weekend

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • Light Side

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
Don't make me choose!!!

I've never done marathon weekend, but it is the dream - and will be done in 2018. Since I haven't done marathon weekend, I would vote Princess I loved Princess and it's always around my birthday weekend. GSC - because I'm a sucker for the bling. I spent my 25th birthday running my first rD race and first challenge and truly felt like a princess that weekend!

With the current courses/race weekend set-ups, I chose marathon weekend in January at WDW. Specifically the marathon or the 10K. I've only done Tink and Disneyland Half weekend at Disneyland...of the two I would pick Tink, specifically the 10K.

WHINE TIME!
If they hadn't made all of the recent changes to Wine & Dine (moving it from a night race to a day race and from Saturday to Sunday), I would have picked that one hands down. Food & Wine going on, good weather (for the most part), night race was really cool, used to be the best half marathon course at WDW since it went through 3 parks (granted, there's construction now so maybe it'll go back to that) and I liked having the main event on Saturday so I had all of Sunday to sleep in/celebrate. Yes I am stuck in the past and am still bummed about the changes. :teeth: I'm like those of you who are still sad that Horizons is gone! Now I get it!

I didn't vote because I've only run WDW marathon weekend and so my sample size is too small. I'm trying out two new weekends this year, but have yet to experience them.

My gut says the winner is probably going to be WDW marathon weekend because a lot of people have either the marathon or the Dopey as a bucket list item to do one day. A hunch.

Being 20 mins from Disneyland, I chose the Disneyland Half Weekend. I love the course and the best part: I can stay at my house and save money on a hotel (that can be put towards the merch!)

If I could do one race each year, I would do the Dark Side Challenge. However, it comes at the absolute worst time of year for the kids. Right after spring break and in the middle of their yearly standardized testing. If that race were any other time of year, I would probably find a way to do it.

My sample size is also small, but I voted anyway. :D

I have done Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend and I choose Marathon Weekend. Because of the multiple races and the marathon itself, I felt like the energy and excitement for that weekend was so much better than W&D. I'm doing Tink in a few months, so I'm excited to compare a DL race with a WDW race.

Small sample size here as well for my vote, only marathon weekend and DS as a comparison.

The energy during marathon morning is great, from the staging area to the walk out to the corral to many parts of the course. However the cold put a damper on it this year as everyone was huddled to get away from the wind and stay warm.

Although I love my Wine & Dine (despite its ever changing logistics--course, name, time, date, etc), if I had to pick one race event to attend it would be Marathon Week[end]. The comradery and fellowship being surrounded by thousands and thousands and thousands of like mind folks (who usually share a love of Disney equal to or above their adoration for the sport) is unmatched and difficult to describe unless you have experienced it first hand.

DS Weekend this April will be the first time I am doing a race outside of Marathon Weekend so I am excited to see what one of the other Weekends is like.

I can't imagine I'll like it more than Marathon Weekend, but I'm anticipating having a great time.

For reference in my selection, my husband & I have participated in the following weekends:

Star Wars Light Side Weekend: 2015, 2016, 2017
Princess Glass Slipper Challenge: 2015, 2016
Star Wars Dark Side - Dark Side Challenge: 2016 (Upcoming 2017)
Tower of Terror Weekend: 2013, 2014
Wine & Dine Weekend: 2015, 2016 (Upcoming 2017)

In 2018, my husband will be running WDW Marathon Weekend, we will both be running Star Wars Light Side, Princess, Star Wars Dark Side and probably Wine & Dine.

Our absolute least favorite weekend of these is Princess. We will be running it in 2018 because of the anniversary but we're only 3 hours away so travel costs are a lot less.

Our favorite is Star Wars - Light Side. The 10K Course is awesome with being mostly in the parks. The support on course for the half is nice and you get to run though some awesome 501st crowds.

Well, I'm doing Darkside this year as my race so I guess that's what I'm going with. I only have Marathon, Disneyland, Wine & Dine morning version & the extinct Everest Challenge to compare but there's not anything I didn't like about any of them...all had great energy...hmmm I think I'm too easy to please as long as I'm in Disney!

Ok, I went ahead and voted. I picked Tink. Only because I'm so excited to go this year and its the only one I can ask for as a Mother's Day present.

WDW Marathon Weekend - hands down.

My rankings:
1. Dopey 2016
2. Dopey 2017
3. DLH + 5K 2015
4. Pixie Dust + 5K 2016
5. DDD + 5K 2016
6. W&D + JJ5K 2015
7. GSC + 5K 2016

My favorite race is the full marathon in January so that's an easy choice but I have to agree with everything @Ariel484 mentioned about Wine and Dine,it easily had the best half course,night race with after party,the actual festival at Epcot with the food and concerts,with the changing of the course and it becoming a morning race it just drops to just another race weekend,before it came close to the January Marathon weekend as the best.

I went with WDW Marathon weekend. But my vote wasn't based on experience, since Wine and Dine is currently all I've done (although I'm also registered for Dark Side in April). But I voted Marathon weekend because it's the signature event and sounds like it has a great atmosphere.

Hands down favorite is marathon weekend. It has a different vibe all together. I will likely cut back on the Disney races in 2018 to one on each on each coast. I am already registered for dopey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter