If you could only run attend rD race weekend per year, which would it be?

If you could only run one rD race weekend per year, which would it be?

• Princess

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Dark Side

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tinker Bell

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Disneyland Half

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Disneyland Paris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wine and Dine

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Avengers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WDW Marathon Weekend

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • Light Side

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
Marathon weekend for me too. As much as I enjoyed running DL, the atmosphere and extended fun of marathon weekend wins out.

I haven't done it, but I chose Marathon weekend because its the one I most want to do. In general I enjoyed the DL race I did better (Avengers) than WDW (PHM x 3). I just liked the half course better out there and the amazing support along the streets of Anaheim, more fun than the lonely miles along the PHM half route. Love both 10k courses though.

Tower of Terror 10 Miler - Hope they start it back up again when construction at DHS is complete.

For the rest - WDW Marathon weekend. My favorite race that weekend is whatever race my wife is running with me. This year it was the 5k & 10k. Next year it will be the half.

I was really looking forward to running the W&D half, but if it stays a morning race I won't bother. The attraction of the race is gone in its current configuration for me.

I choose the Princess simple because I have done it every year. That said, after next year, 10 year anniversary, I think I am done with Disney races.

I need parameters. Do I have to do the same one every year and do I have to pay for it?

If I had to do the same one every year it would be Avengers for theming because while I haven't done it I like the theming best. That being said it costs more money for me to get out there so if cost came into play I would say marathon weekend because it has more race options and would be cooler. If I don't have to do the same one every year then Marathon Weekend is next on my list but I would probably do Avengers, the Star Wars races, then Disneyland, then Wine & Dine and finish with Paris.

OP here. My daughter and I looooved Marathon weekend and will be doing it again next year, but probably not the year after that. We may find ourselves in Paris in the fall and if that happens, we'll try to swing Paris. I love the Disney races, but I do get the feeling that unless events get changed up a bit (or returned to their former glory) we won't be doing them regularly. We do want at least one Coast to Coast medal!

VP

WDW Marathon would be my choice. Running Dopey this year was one of the most fun things I've ever done. :)

Tower of Terror 10 miler.

Oh drat; that's gone.

Rock and Roll Vancouver?

Hmm, nope, not disney.

None of the ones listed?

(I am sooooo over rundisney LOL) (just get me through princess, keep me from signing up for next year (highly unlikely since the "fun cousin princess weekend" might not end well given our huge massive very difficult and outspoken, though not to each other verbally yet, political differences), and let me move on, do more RnR events, and maybe enjoy the PARKS again?)

My first choice would be Marathon Weekend, because the spirit of the event spans the entire resort, and there's a distance for everyone. I love how runner-focused it is all week.

My next choice would be the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon, because it would mean a yearly trip to France. The cast members and the multi-national flavor of the event make it special.

I loved the Dark Side Half inaugural course, but I'm not sure about the course changes, and April weather is too unpredictable to make it a regular thing for me.

The Disneyland Half is too hot for me, though I enjoy the crowd support.

And lastly, the Tower of Terror 10-miler was canceled. I'm not broken up about it, because I'm a morning runner and it was too hot and humid for me (surprise), but I loved that the 2012 party was until 4 AM. I think those days are gone for good.

Lightside was awesome. Love the theme, the costuming and the course, especially the 10k. Next favorite is Princess (Glass Slipper challenge), followed by Marathon weekend (Dopey)

Marathon weekend no question. I've been fortunate to have attended 4 different ones thus far.

But it looks like the stars are aligning to me to experience the Princess half weekend in 2018!

I've participated in 4 of the weekends in DL and WDW, and although Dark Side came close, my vote went to WDW Marathon Weekend.
The size, the energetic crowds, the variety of race distances, the only full marathon.... well, those are all reasons why we keep coming back.

Last edited:
I've only done two runDisney races so far: Tink in 2016 and Star Wars Light Side in 2017. But I plan to do SWLS every year. I just loved the Star Wars theming, costumes, merchandise, etc. (I was ten when the original Star Wars movie came out, so it is something I have grown up with and still love). I'm doing Tink again this year and am also signed up for the DL half in Sept. I plan to do Avengers in 2018 so I will have done all four of the DL runDisney events. Eventually, I'd like to get out to WDW for one of the events there to complete a Coast to Coast. Given all of the praise for WDW Marathon weekend, that is moving up the list.

So far, we've done Princess, Dark Side, W&D, WDW Marathon Wknd, Light Side (and the sadly gone ToT).

First, WE ABSOLUTELY HAD TO DO DARK SIDE AND LIGHT SIDE AND GET THE KESSEL RUN ONCE AS HUGE SW FANS -- DONE!! :darth: :chewy:

Which I would do now if only one has more to do with time of year than course and theme. Course can change, obviously. We like all themes expect Avengers. We would pick W&D because 1) we love F&W and 2) we much prefer Nov weather to Jan or Feb. Dark Side comes in 2nd. :)

I've done the Wine & Dine, the Star Wars Dark Side, and the Disney Marathon. Marathon weekend is definitely my favorite - there's so much going on that weekend. My 2nd favorite was Star Wars. The Wine & Die was my least favorite.

Marathon weekend for me because of the marathon. I don't always want to train for a marathon, but that's what I would do if I could only have one race. Running through all four parks is fantastic and, as marathons go (Disney fandom aside), it's great to be able to mentally 'chunk' 26.2 miles into shorter 10k/5ks between the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter