• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you had a magic genie give you one free room...

Which would you choose?

• Contemporary, Lake view room or garden view

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Polynesian, Pool or Marina view

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • Boardwalk, Garden view

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Grand Floridian, Lagoon or Garden view

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • Yacht Club, Garden or Woods view

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Wilderness Lodge, nature view

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Beach Club, Garden or Woods view

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Animal Kingdom, pool view

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
The grand because she’s we’ve never been there.

Beach club is my favorite resort. So that’s a close second.

Just to give an opinion, we stayed Beach Club garden view and that view wasn't so great. It was a raggedy looking tree. We had a better view when we stayed standard - it was a parking lot or a road maybe? - but with Spaceship Earth in the distance, we could watch it change colors at night!

We stayed Yacht Club lagoon view once and that was pretty great.

We stayed Poly Fiji Marina View last year (when it was still considered standard) - FANTASTIC VIEW!!!

We plan to stay at Boardwalk Inn with a boardwalk/water view next time we go and I"m very, very excited about it.

Here is our Poly view - I almost cry when I look at these because this was such a wonderful view but a not so magical trip, but that's what do overs are for!:

23131707_2070969053137906_527658682178223474_n.jpg

22904823_2068021910099287_3270870452948544920_o.jpg
23032687_2070968966471248_601208756515960009_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just to give an opinion, we stayed Beach Club garden view and that view wasn't so great. It was a raggedy looking tree. We had a better view when we stayed standard - it was a parking lot or a road maybe? - but with Spaceship Earth in the distance, we could watch it change colors at night!

We stayed Poly Fiji Marina View last year (when it was still considered standard) - FANTASTIC VIEW!!!

We plan to stay at Boardwalk Inn with a boardwalk/water view next time we go and I"m very, very excited about it.

Here is our Poly view - I almost cry when I look at these because this was such a wonderful view but a not so magical trip, but that's what do overs are for!:

View attachment 359478

View attachment 359479
View attachment 359480

I love that you feel that way about your Poly room view. I am the same way with a few different Disney things.

View attachment 359478

View attachment 359479
View attachment 359480

We had that same view there a few years ago. It was amazing.

Stayed at all except contemporary.
Got a good deal one time for GF. Love the resort but transportation was the pits except for going to mk. Busses were always full because they stopped at poly first.

Poly & BC are always noisy and chaotic.
YC is a longer walk to Epcot than BC & Boardwalk.
AK is too far out.

My favorite is Boardwalk. Quieter. Closer the epcot AND Dhs. We liked the small snack are for quick breakfast. But we are 2 60+ folks. So pools mean nothing for us.

I picked Poly due to transportation options. You can walk to TTC and catch the Epcot monorail.
I’ve stayed at Poly, Grand Floridian & Beach Club. Staying at Poly again next month.

For 10 days? Wilderness Lodge all the way. We got stuck there during the hurricane and still want to go back.

For a shorter trip I would probably go Contemporary. (I adore the building, rooms are great, MK walking path is valuable to us because my wife can't ride buses or boats.)

Grand Floridian. ...Or, Contemporary. ...Or, Wilderness Lodge. ...Or Grand Floridian. ...Hmmm. o_O

Are there any other genies around? Because I can't decide! At least, I have settled on an MK resort.

...Here is our Poly view - I almost cry when I look at these because this was such a wonderful view but a not so magical trip, but that's what do overs are for!:

View attachment 359478

View attachment 359479
View attachment 359480

And these beautiful pictures make me rethink the Poly!

I've stayed in all those resorts and most all those room types (exception was AKL, we always do savannah view)

We had a savanna view that was right at the edge of the savanna, right next to the pool. No animals AND the pool noise.

But for free, I can deal with it. Paying, not happy...Free, very happy.

I'd choose the Polynesian, it's on my bucket list to stay at. (ha ha, when I win the lottery...)

GF because I've wanted to stay there for 30 years. I plan on staying there for my retirement trip in a few years, if the stock market cooperates.

Well, I'd want a Copper Creek cabin but that's not how this poll goes so...Yacht Club. Great location and a very mature and quiet resort.

This poll has been a great help to me. (This poll and a question I asked on the FB page about the walk from the Epcot resorts to HS.) Thanks to everyone who commented and voted!

I chose GF because I've never stayed, but I would have chosen AKL, just not pool view. I like staying at the Poly, but it always seems crowded, so for 10 days, no way. I wouldn't mind WL, especially Nature View, because that is really quiet. BC always seems too crowded as well. Wouldn't mind YC, except that they allow pets now. I wouldn't mind a Lake View at the CR tower, but again too noisy for 10 days--Garden Wing may be quieter, but it never really appealed to me to stay in that building.

I pick GF! Love that resort. I’ve had both Garden and Lagoon views and both have been lovely. It’s also a small Resort so nothing is very far away. And staying in MK resort area is just a little more magical. Love being able see the castle from resort, fireworks, and Electric Water Parade. It’s also very easy to get to the other MK area resorts for dining. Can walk over to Poly.

You are granted a free room, 10 nights at any Deluxe resort, no upgrades, no club level, not the best view just a garden view type room. (I know, kind of strange for a Genie to limit you, but go with me here lol)

Which resort would you choose? Why, and have you ever stayed in the room before?

I voted Boardwalk.

TEN nights is a long time
so I would for sure factor in ....
multiple dining options and creative lounges close by, transportation, access to parks & very easy access for fireworks.
    1. Contemporary, Lake view room or garden view
      Hotel does not wow me at all, only plus is walk to MK.
    2. Polynesian, Pool or Marina view
      Hotel does not wow me, only plus is fireworks view and Trader Sam's.
    3. Boardwalk, Garden view ::yes::
      Love the theme of hotel, I love boardwalks, pool is fun area,
      love walking to two parks and SO MANY dining options minutes walk away.
    4. Grand Floridian, Lagoon or Garden view
      Hotel does not wow me at all, nothing draws me there.
    5. Yacht Club, Garden or Woods view
      Great location, good pool but too crowded, no wow on hotels themselves.
    6. Wilderness Lodge, nature view
      Love this hotel, was in contention but if someone else is paying I'll pass.
    7. Beach Club, Garden or Woods view
      Great location, good pool but too crowded, no wow on hotels themselves.
    8. Animal Kingdom, pool view
      Love this hotel, good pool and dining options and LOVE the animals.
      But I never want pool view again, would only book savanna.

Last edited:
I chose the Beach Club, but really any of the three in that area (Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk) simply because its so close to Epcot and DHS. Thats two out of the 4 parks within walking distance! Thats the biggest selling point for me <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter