If you had to choose a moderate...

Rent DVC points, if you can find them. That gets you into a Deluxe Resort at a Moderate Resort price.

For example, Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) is the easiest to book. Let's say you can find points at $20/point. A week in a Standard View Studio next summer is 102 points, which works out to $291 per night.

Coronado Springs Resort (CSR) is the least expensive Moderate Rate. A week next July in CSR costs $2,116 with tax, or $302 per night.

Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Villas (AKV) feels a lot like Wilderness Lodge. It's a bit tougher to book than SSR but a Standard View Studio is only 100 points for a week next summer. That gets you into a Deluxe Resort with a Wilderness Lodge feel but at a Moderate Resort price.
This only works if you can find them and if you are 100% sure you are going. Most DVC rentals do not allow you to cancel. And, you have to know anywhere from 7 months to 12 months out that is the exact week you want to go.

Rent DVC points, if you can find them. That gets you into a Deluxe Resort at a Moderate Resort price.

For example, Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) is the easiest to book. Let's say you can find points at $20/point. A week in a Standard View Studio next summer is 102 points, which works out to $291 per night.

Coronado Springs Resort (CSR) is the least expensive Moderate Rate. A week next July in CSR costs $2,116 with tax, or $302 per night.

Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Villas (AKV) feels a lot like Wilderness Lodge. It's a bit tougher to book than SSR but a Standard View Studio is only 100 points for a week next summer. That gets you into a Deluxe Resort with a Wilderness Lodge feel but at a Moderate Resort price.
Just be VERY cautious with that - most of the time you cannot cancel and get your money back.

I've always been nervous to try this because of the cancellation policies! But maybe I'll put in a request at DVC Rental and see what I can get. Good idea!
This is the biggest risk with renting DVC points.

Some rental places offer insurance.

I was going to suggest Swan/Dolphin. Deluxe resorts at a moderate price. We do love CSR and it reminds me a lot of a deluxe. The in only moderate we avoid is CBR. I know people love it but we've had 2 bad experiences and try to avoid the place.

I'd vote for POR or POFQ, but then I have never stayed at a deluxe resort, can't justify the price increase. The Port Orleans resorts are beautiful, and the boat to Disney Springs is a great perk.

Lots of people saying Swan/Dolphin. I would just point out that there are certain Disney resort perks that you don't get there, so keep that in mind. Also Swan/Dolphin pricing is not comparable to Disney Moderates, not at normal pricing. Sometimes you get lucky with a sale on the Dolphin, so do check, but just speaking from experience.

The regular rooms at Coronado are beautiful. We like to stay in casitas by the quiet pool . In regards to busses , we caught the bus right before 7 and got to MK in time to get our own row at the entrance . They had 4 with people waiting and opened 4 more . My son and husband were able yo be first family at the Tomorrowland rope drop . They even got a certificate! I rope dropped Starbucks then people mover and was first at both ! 🤣 don’t miss Three Bridges ! The best corn dip and ahi poke bowls !!

We love staying deluxe but the prices are insane. We are going in November and we chose CSR - standard room. Great dining choices, great drink/lounge options, the pool looks beautiful (and is great for pics for teenage DD), barn door separating the bathroom area from the room and the resort just looks really pretty. We can't wait for our stay!!

I'd vote for POR or POFQ, but then I have never stayed at a deluxe resort, can't justify the price increase. The Port Orleans resorts are beautiful, and the boat to Disney Springs is a great perk.

Lots of people saying Swan/Dolphin. I would just point out that there are certain Disney resort perks that you don't get there, so keep that in mind. Also Swan/Dolphin pricing is not comparable to Disney Moderates, not at normal pricing. Sometimes you get lucky with a sale on the Dolphin, so do check, but just speaking from experience.

I have stayed at the Swan or Dolphin 6 times now. And it has always been cheaper than a Disney moderate. For my trip later this month it is around $250 a night.

I have a thing about exterior doors at a resort - I do not like the motel feel. That said, POFQ is the only moderate I'll stay at twice. It's so small and easy to navigate, the grounds are beautiful, has a decent pool and well, beignets. The Towers are really the closest to a Deluxe with the interior hallways and the upscale decor, but not my cup of tea at all. I have been a dedicated deluxe guest for years, but with so few benefits now, we're opting to split stays and go to POFQ for the days that don't have evening hours, changing to a deluxe for the nights that do. It saves a ton of money.

Just remember that Swan and Dolphin does have an outrageous resort fee and the bus only brings you to the TTC. We rent points through Disney Vacation Store and they have a cancellation policy where if you cancel you can use the money paid for booking toward a future stay within two years but as you get closer to your arrival date less money can be applied to future stay but it is a reasonable cancellation policy and we really have loved our stays at SSR etc. by doing this!

Just remember that Swan and Dolphin does have an outrageous resort fee and the bus only brings you to the TTC. We rent points through Disney Vacation Store and they have a cancellation policy where if you cancel you can use the money paid for booking toward a future stay within two years but as you get closer to your arrival date less money can be applied to future stay but it is a reasonable cancellation policy and we really have loved our stays at SSR etc. by doing this!
The Swan resort fee is now $40 (plus tax!!). It was only couple of years ago that it was $25, then $29.

Parking is now $32!!

Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs is, in my opinion, the closest you will find to a deluxe at moderate prices. There are several dining options, interior corridors, beautiful grounds, and an impressive lobby. I stayed there my last two trips because I had a hard time justifying deluxe prices when I was traveling solo. There is only bus transportation to the parks, but I have, thus far, had good experiences there with the Disney transportation and the resort doesn’t seem to be too far from any of the parks.
Agree 100%. The only downside is only bus transportation.

Lots of people saying Swan/Dolphin. I would just point out that there are certain Disney resort perks that you don't get there, so keep that in mind.
Like what perks? I’ll wait. Swolphin is considered deluxe for after hours, which even the Waldorf isn’t. So what perk exactly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter