If you had to choose a moderate...

We stayed at CBR (for the 4th time} last month, Jamaica, water view. It was so quiet, relaxing, and the Skyliner is great. We've done POR as well for moderate, AKL and BC for deluxe, ASMo, PC and AoA for value. The room we had at CBR this time felt closer to a deluxe than a value, that's for sure!

This is the biggest risk with renting DVC points.

Some rental places offer insurance.
Does anyone know which DVC rentals offer cancellation or ehat kind of insurance to get. I've rented points in past and had no issues but Unfortunately still have to worry about covid Era and or possibility of cancellation.

Planning a trip for next year. I've been saving and hoped to stay at Yacht or WL but honestly these PRICES are NUTS. I can't get my head around how much they've gone up in a short time (last visit June 21). So! If you'd had your heart set on deluxe life but had to go with a moderate, which one? Are there ways you can make a moderate feel more luxurious (room types, etc.)? We're not planning on having a car. I don't mind the skyliner but I don't love it either.

If everyone in your part is able-bodied (e.g. no scooters/wheelchairs and no problems walking) and if you're the type of people who enjoy more upscale dining, CSR is gorgeous and wonderful. We had to stop staying there because they sent mostly coach buses that can't accommodate my chair. But it's definitely the most upscale of the moderates if that's what you're going for.

If, OTOH, you prioritize a smaller resort (with shorter walks back to your room or to/from the drink station) and a quieter, chill atmosphere, we've loved POFQ. The CMs have always been fantastic and don't treat you like a number, the grounds are so relaxing and cute, and because it's the smallest moderate it doesn't feel slammed with people. The main downside of POFQ is the lack of dining options, but there are beignets and the boat to DS.

Restarting this thread - if transportation is a major concern (i.e. being able to get on buses or skyliner easily) - would you recommend CSR Gran Destino, CSR preferred room location, or CBR preferred room location? We've previously stayed at Yacht - which is hard to beat transportation wise - so trying to find the least bad step down for my husband who is not going to want to get stuff himself into an already packed bus.

We love the Skyliner so much that given only those choices, we would go with CBR.

I would have said Riverside a few years back. But now def Caribbean beach. So great there and skyliner is key. Stay in Aruba. Close to skyliner and riviera. Riviera is best.

I'm with you here -- we stayed at CBR last year for the first time and by the luck of the draw, we were assigned the building in Aruba closest to Riviera. SO great. Used Riviera's Skyliner port and visited the incredible QSFB and coffee bar at Riviera multiple times. We loved it so much that we stayed at Riviera this year!

I'm with you here -- we stayed at CBR last year for the first time and by the luck of the draw, we were assigned the building in Aruba closest to Riviera. SO great. Used Riviera's Skyliner port and visited the incredible QSFB and coffee bar at Riviera multiple times. We loved it so much that we stayed at Riviera this year!
^This. If Skyliner is important to you stay at CBR and request a room near the Skyliner/in Aruba. You can enjoy the Riviera station, the beautiful grounds, and the lobby’s café and QS without having to be a guest. We’ve also done this and it was wonderful.

Our go-to, however, is GDT because we don’t mind the buses. The rooms at GDT are def nicer than CBR, you’re not far from their bus stop, and the Barcelona Lounge has spiked cortados in the morning ;)

We;ve only stayed at 3 different moderates. The first was Coronado Springs a long while ago. It looked nothing like it is now so don't know how relavent this is: We stayed in #3 building which was close to the main building and the bus stop. It was beautiful with nice rooms but it was too big for us.
Then we started staying at POR, and LOVED it. We stayed there for many years, but now...........
My husband has mobility issues so we switched to POFQ and now stay there when at disney. It's nice and cozy but I don't care for the Mardi gras decorations. We walk to POR while there to get our "fix".
So, we would recommend our absolute favorite POR.

I am also an advocate of staying in Caribbean Beach and requesting a room near the Skyliner. Going directly to both Epcot and Studios without changing makes it a fantastic location for park access. The busses also run to each side of the resort in the morning, meaning it's never too long a wait or two crowded for MK and AK access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter