If you have a real bad book

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Do you keep reading it or stop at some point ?

I go about 30 percent and complain for a week

I usually keep going, I hate being a quitter. I have read a few boring ones but the last one I read that I almost quit on was Mr Mercedes...blehhhh:scared:

I've quit the following...

Sophie's Choice (this being the most recent one)
The Lost World
Scarlett
The Host

I will stop reading. Sometimes I push on trying to give the book a chance, but ultimately put the book away. I tell students, especially those that do not like to read, that there is no shame by putting a book down that they do not like. Sometimes for school work they have to finish a book. But if it is casual reading and they do not like it, find another book. There are millions of great stories to read!

I've had to suffer through many because my grades depended on it. As an adult, I don't think I've hit any that were "that" bad, but I only choose stuff that interests me now.

No I will not read a bad book, there are so many good books out there I don't want to waste my time on the bad ones.

I'll put it down, then in a few months, I'll try it again. Some books took me a few years to read. Patricia Cornwell's first novel took me five years to read. I don't know what changed, but after about five years, I picked it up and enjoyed the book.

If I force myself to read a book I'm not enjoying, I get headaches and grumpy. Oh wait, the grumpy part may just be me. :rolleyes1

I will push through and finish it. There are a number of books that didn't start out so hot that wound up being pretty interesting.

What if you pay for it you read the sample fall in love with ssmple but it turns out to be a bad book do you still put the book down

I stop reading. If I want to know how it ends, I'll go on wikipedia or find a plot summary online to get the general idea of where the story was going and if the summary turns out to be interesting, I might try reading the book again at a later date. Mostly though, if it's a chore to read, I'll stop.

I'll stop reading it if I'm not enjoying it.

On the flip side, I REFUSE to stop watching a movie, no matter how bad it is. I keep hoping that it will get better. I also have watched movies because they are 'masterpieces' even though I think it is awful. Case in point.. Blade runner. How can this hunk of garbage be considered a classic?? It sucked! I did watch it to the end though.

Within the next few days I am going to torture myself with Naked Lunch. I'd tell you the plot but you wouldn't believe me. Here's the wiki for it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Lunch_(film)

op, go for the books that have a lot of pictures in them.
i'm sure you wil go past that 30% mark and finish them all.........lol

I'm a reader and I try to read at least two books a week. I can sometimes hate a book (Gone Girl, I am looking at you) but I will always try to finish. With Gone Girl, I realized after I finished it that the structure and creative presentation got me to HATE the middle section of the book. Maybe that is what the author wanted? I HATED the female character so much by the end.

There are two books that I've started to read that I just cannot finish: A Tale of Two Cities and Sense and Sensibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter