If you think studios are really meant for 2 people.....

We too like the additional space offered by larger units.

I’d rather go and stay in space and luxury rather than go more frequently.

I want the luxurious experience to really “feel like” I’m on vacation.

As others have said tho: mileages vary.

I guess I’m in the minority. We bought into DVC to go as much as possible. My teenagers are 14 and 16 and we always stay in Studios. We also stay in one room when we cruise (except for once). We don’t mind the close proximity and I wouldn’t spend double the points on a bigger room because that would mean I can’t go as much.
same! we have been traveling to disney since our boys were babies and always managed in one room, we went from booking regular rooms at Asmovies, Pop, and renting DVC points from friends to stay in studios... never an issue with space for us either! Last trip as a family of 4 was April 2016. The last 2 years with just one teen has been weird! We would never pay for the amount of points needed for a 1 bedroom, its a huge jump and for one week of a family vacation we have a blast in the DVC studios!

We now have bought our own DVC at OKW, and will continue to book studios for the length of the contract, till we are old!

We bought for the space. It has been hard since they rejiggered the points. We prefer 2 bedrooms for our family of 3.

I guess I’m in the minority. We bought into DVC to go as much as possible. My teenagers are 14 and 16 and we always stay in Studios. We also stay in one room when we cruise (except for once). We don’t mind the close proximity and I wouldn’t spend double the points on a bigger room because that would mean I can’t go as much.

I'm in the minority with you. My girls are 12 and almost 15 and we have always stayed in studios. I want to be "home" as often and, for as long, as possible. We are usually either at the parks or at the pool anyway. This December, we will be 5 in a studio at BWV for 6 nights. One of my DDs is bringing a friend. I'm actually looking forward to it! And I'm glad that my DDs still want to hang out with us.

As someone with young kids (and with families where I live trending to only have 1 kid), I LOVE the idea of the murphy bed in the studios because it enabled us to put our DD1 in the murphy when DD2 was still in a crib, and it felt luxurious to have a whole sitting area with a couch. Next time we are in a VGF studio, though, I wonder if the girls are going to fight over who gets the murphy, and we will have both the couch and the murphy bed folded out.

When we stayed at VGF 3 years, ago my 9 y.o. and 7y.o. fought over who got to sleep on the murphy bed. They ended up switching up each night. Luckily, my 9 y.o. was perfectly capable of folding the murphy bed up each morning and helped us fold up the sofa bed.

I think a lot has to do with how old children are in a studio and how much time you’re actually going to be spending in your “room”. We’re not a rope drop family or shut the park down kinda people, so we prefer more space.

My opinion is in the minority, but our family of 4 has always stayed in a studio with no issues. Kids are 9 and 11. We also stay in one cabin on a cruise, and a regular hotel room when we travel. Studios are totally perfect for us :)

Well I just booked flights for a day earlier than I wanted, but the prices were too high the next day. I had already booked 1 studio prior to our target dates and 1 studio just after our target dates "just in case". That's all I had the points for. So, we may be staying 5 in a studio for 1 night unless my stalking for lower airfare or another studio comes through! We may find out how a studio for 5 (basically adults) feels! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter