If you were characters in this Titanic scene, how would you react?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
If you were characters in this Titanic scene, how would you react? In the alternate ending, Rose’s granddaughter Lizzie and treasure hunter Brock see Rose going to throw Heart of the Ocean into the Atlantic. If you were Lizzie or Brock, what would your reaction be after seeing the diamond thrown into the sea? Would you laugh like they do in the scene or would you yell and scream at Rose? For a diamond worth 350 million dollars just thrown into the ocean, I really don’t think I would laugh. But I don’t think I would react like that SNL skit either. Also, if you were Lizzie, what other questions would you have for Rose? Thoughts?

As far as I remember, the diamond would be worthless to anyone. Cal received an insurance payout for it. If anyone tried to sell it, the insurance company would file a claim to seize it. The same if anyone was seen wearing it in public.
In this case, assume the statute of limitations for fraud has expired.

I'll tell you what I would do.

I would watch Buzz jump in after it. We assume he goes lost as sea, only to find out he's been on an island with his friend, a hand-painted soccer ball. For three whole days!
It's there that Buzz learns the true meaning of Christmas.

I'll tell you what I would do.

I would watch Buzz jump in after it. We assume he goes lost as sea, only to find out he's been on an island with his friend, a hand-painted soccer ball. For three whole days!
It's there that Buzz learns the true meaning of Christmas.
Do I get paid as much as Tom Hanks when they make the movie? Are you the ghost of Christmas past, POTC edition?

Do I get paid as much as Tom Hanks when they make the movie? Are you the ghost of Christmas past, POTC edition?
You will be paid scale, if you're with the Screen Actors Guild. Oh you're not with SAG? You get a boxed lunch and a free shirt.

I think by POTC you mean Pirates of the Caribbean, but you might be referring to Planet of the Centaurs, where Santa Clops comes from. But you learned all this during your three days lost at sea, remember?

As far as I remember, the diamond would be worthless to anyone. Cal received an insurance payout for it. If anyone tried to sell it, the insurance company would file a claim to seize it. The same if anyone was seen wearing it in public.
If they wanted to disguise it, the necklace could be taken apart and sold in pieces, or made into different jewelry. The blue stone could even be re-cut. It might not be worth as much, but it would be worth a lot.

Brock is standing right on a ship with the ability to retrieve it again if he wants to, and he has investors backing him to do just that. It is reasonable to believe that they had considered the insurance ramifications since they already knew about Cal’s claim before Rose mentioned it.

That's not how that works. Ofherwise there would never be any jewelry theft.

Buzz, pressing question:

While at Hogwarts, what spell should Epstein use if Barbarino, Horshack, and/or Washington try to tie the sleeves on his jacket AGAIN?

OGCup.jpg

And if you placed the sorting hat on each Sweathog, which house would they belong to? I take Horshack to be a Hufflepuff. Your thoughts?

Buzz, pressing question:

While at Hogwarts, what spell should Epstein use if Barbarino, Horshack, and/or Washington try to tie the sleeves on his jacket AGAIN?

OGCup.jpg

And if you placed the sorting hat on each Sweathog, which house would they belong to? I take Horshack to be a Hufflepuff. Your thoughts?
This is a disgrace to HP. :sad2::rotfl:
What does HP have to do with Titanic anyway?

If you were characters in this Titanic scene, how would you react? In the alternate ending, Rose’s granddaughter Lizzie and treasure hunter Brock see Rose going to throw Heart of the Ocean into the Atlantic. If you were Lizzie or Brock, what would your reaction be after seeing the diamond thrown into the sea? Would you laugh like they do in the scene or would you yell and scream at Rose? For a diamond worth 350 million dollars just thrown into the ocean, I really don’t think I would laugh. But I don’t think I would react like that SNL skit either. Also, if you were Lizzie, what other questions would you have for Rose? Thoughts?

Caledon Hockley (played by Billy Zane) was the one who committed insurance fraud. He gave the Heart of the Ocean Diamond to Rose DeWitt Bukater (played by Kate Winslet) on the evening of April 14, 1912. He was waiting for the engagement announcement, but decided to give it to Rose to relieve her melancholy. There were no strings attached in his presentation and gifting scene. He did not own it when he made the insurance claim. The insurance company has no claim whatsoever against Rose. He died in 1929 and his estate, if any, has long been distributed and the time for creditor claims expired by 1930. Rose threw her own property into the sea. Her granddaughter had no legally enforceable expectation because a living person can always change a will or dispose of their property during life. The granddaughter only had an expectancy, which is legally nothing. It was worth it for Rose to throw it away because it was a symbol of being sold into a loveless, abusive and violent marriage for a mind numbing deadening life she did not want. It was a symbol of a life sentence that she was as a piece of property to be bought and sold.

Last edited:
Caledon Hockley (played but Billy Zane) was the one who committed insurance fraud. He gave the Heart of the Ocean Diamond to Rose DeWitt Bukater (played by Kate Winslet) on the evening of April 14, 1912. He was waiting for the engagement announcement, but decided to give it to Rose to relieve her melancholy. There were no strings attached in his presentation and gifting scene. He did not own it when he made the insurance claim. The insurance company has no claim whatsoever against Rose. He died in 1929 and his estate, if any, has long been distributed and the time for creditor claims expired by 1930. Rose threw her own property into the sea. Her granddaughter had no legally enforceable expectation because a living person can always change a will or dispose of their property during life. The granddaughter only had an expectancy, which is legally nothing. It was worth it for Rose to throw it away because it was a symbol of being sold into a loveless, abusive and violent marriage for a mind numbing deadening life she did not want. It was a symbol of a life sentence that she was as a piece of property to be bought and sold.
She could have just given it to Lizzie’s parents and let them decide how it could benefit her granddaughter/grandchildren.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter