if you were to redo your school days , what would you do differently?

I would take English more seriously in 11th grade, even though I didn't like the teacher or most of what we read.

I would have tried to get into a better college. I got into the flagship state school all my family went to when I was way too young to make that decision and didn't even apply anywhere else. It's one of my biggest regrets TBH. I don't know that I could have done better of course, but I really think I could have. I'll never know now though:(

I would have realized one F in PE class really does hurt you. Sophomore year I horsed around and would skip swimming, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal. I got an F. It lowered my GPA significantly, and destroyed my chance to be in NHS. I also would've taken accounting classes in HS. I think that would've helped me be more serious about the future. I'm almost 40 and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up ;)

I would attend an online school. Working on my own I probably would have graduated early and had a head start on the rest of life.

I would have taken the hard classes like the advanced classes, chemistry, advanced biology, geometry. I took my hardest classes my freshman year and the last 3 years were all fluff classes. My guidance counselor didn’t encourage girls to go to college at all. I had 100 kids in my class and one girl went to a 4 year college and she went to become a gym teacher. I graduated in 1980.

I definitely let some opportunities slip by me. I could have taken more college classes while in high school. I had so many credits that I only took 2 classes my senior year, I wish I would have just pushed through my Junior year and graduated a year early. You know what though? I really enjoyed my sophmore, junior and senior years and I can't regret anything that happened, I had excellent teachers, I attended an awesome alternative school program, and when I graduated I was a better person for having those experiences. What more can you ask for?

Drank less, partied less, applied myself a little more in school. I actually had a scholarship offer that I let go simply because I wasn’t interested in furthering my education at the time. As a teenager I thought I knew it all, but I knew very little about real life.

I'd break out of my shell more and not worry so much about what others thought of me.

I would have defended myself against school bullies. Looking back, and compared to what goes on now, I didn't have it THAT bad. It never got physical for me, just words.

High school I would not have played around and played hooky a lot my freshman year. I really went off the rails, and even though I cleaned up my act and spent the rest of my school years getting good grades and being serious about it-making the honor roll for all the rest of the marking periods, it meant that I didn't make the National Honor Society my senior year or get awards. I would also have not let the rest of the school in on the fact that I was a Doctor Who and Star Trek fan. Sad to keep stuff secret, but it got me branded a dork and a nerd and whatever else you call the kids who don't fit in, which was why I started playing hooky in the first place.

I would most definitely not waste my time dating the two losers that I did. I'm not sure what my teenage self saw in either of them. Yuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter