If your heart is in your DREAM ……… a Aug/Sept 2011, NEW - links to dining/trip report

party:party::welcome:HOME!!!!!!!party:party:

Oh- I am SOOOOO happy for you!! :hug: DVC is the MOST wonderful thing- we absolutely LOVE ours and I am so glad you will be enjoying it TOO! Where did you buy? Was it BLT or your beloved OKW?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:dance3:

Love the picture of Tom, of course I already knew about your exciting news. ;)
I am so happy for you both.:hug:

WOW! So super excited for you! Where is your home resort? Can we come visit you at BLT in February? :lmao: I think that being that close to MK for your two nights will be a real dream come true. :goodvibes

:cheer2:Welcome Home Tom and Karin!:cheer2: We love our DVC! Yes, we will have dues, but when our contract is paid for, we'll have 36 more years of rooms for the price of 1 or 2 night's stay!!! We also love the flexibility. Some timeshares tie you down to a certain week and then you don't have time to use it that particular week! I can't wait until we can add more points!!! Enjoy!!!

Congratulations on the DVC! :yay: That's awesome! BLT will be great....walking to MK....yes please!

How awesome.....Thats so funny because we had that conversation about why or why not buy into DVC.....I'm so glad you did! :banana:

CONGRATS KARIN AND TOM!!!!!!!!!! *huuuuuuuuuugs*

I'm so happy for you guys!!! And Bay Lake Tower too!!! It's going to be FABULOUS.

Congratulations on DVC! It is one of the best decisions we have made and seems perfect for your vacation style. :goodvibes

WOW!!! Talk about fantastic photos!! Food, incredible! Views, incredible! People, incredible!!!! So, so happy you had such a magical trip - but then why not? Great resort, great ship, great parks and phenomenal people!!!

The food - made me sooo hungry!!! Went through all those yummy while eating my eggs and sausage supper. :rotfl:

Can't wait for the TR!!!!:cool1:

Thank you, Christine! Tom and I LOVE to take photos - brings back lots of wonderful memories.

I really hope to start my trip report VERY soon - I wonder if I should just stop posting teaser pics and start the real thing .......... :confused3

OMG you and Tom are amazing I so want a picture of me and Elliott that really made my day Thank you . and we all like what tom did with the kids too cute Thanks Tom
And i got the card :sad2::sad2: we miss you guys too :wizard:

Tom remembered you wanted a photo with Elliot, so he sprinkled a little Pixie dust! ;)

I love the update and wow that water was rough compeared to when we left port , I miss Ana and Sapto they were so awesome :wizard:

Yes, it was pretty rough when we sailed out - the pilot boat took a LONG time to pick up the pilot!
Funnily enough the dining room was more than half empty that night and it was the only night during the whole cruise that I was REALLY hungry at dinner time! :rotfl2:

That is so cute! I love how you put this together!:cool1:

We had such a fun time with Jeff and his family, they are wonderful people! :thumbsup2

More amazing photos! Wow. It looks like you were really busy...eating :rotfl2: I like the comment that it had been a few minutes since you last ate. :thumbsup2

Just like you mentioned here, Jen, during the cruise it seemed that all we did was EAT!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Hm, now that I think of it, I may have thrown in a little shopping as well! :lmao:

Just AMAZING Karin !!! Everything is sooooo nice, the food the friends the scenery just awesome !!

Rosie, taking a Disney cruise is the ultimate fun - wonderful acommodation, DISfriends and characters and LOADS of wonderful food! :lmao:

Wow, what great news! A Feb. trip & cruise in the offing! I'm so envious of your cruises.

We really enjoyed meeting the both of you & lunch ay WPE. Now to catch up with all my Dis TRs. I'm thinking about doing my first TR. :scared1:

We really enjoyed meeting you too!!!!!!!!!!
And PLEASE, write that TR!!! and post a link to it here - I am sure there are lots of people who want to jump on board!

WOW Karin...Everything looks amazing! I couldn't be happier for you & Tom!!! I'm really looking forward to your TR!popcorn::

Thank you, Mary Ellen! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy to have you on board here too!
Trip report and LOADS of photos coming very shortly!

Thanks for all the teaser photos! I can't wait for the TR!

And I have not even been posted half the days we spent at WDW! :lmao:
I think I might not even put up all the days and just start the trip report, while all the memories are really fresh - we will see how far I can get this weekend! :goodvibes

Karin, you are off to a great start! Lots of fun FE gifts already.

We got SO many wonderful gifts - I thought that I would have more room in my suitcase going back, but nope, no such luck! :thumbsup2

The Dream really does look AMAZING! :cloud9:

It is one AMAZING ship, with an increadible crew! I cannot wait to set foot on her again! :banana: A little over 150 days until then! :cloud9:

Just got off the beautiful Dream heading to the airport on ME. We had a great time, wish it had been longer than 4 days. We had good tablemates but not as good as you and Tom of course! We certainly enjoyed meeting you again and booked our dummy cruise so we can go on the Fanasy in 2013. We won't be going next year because we need to buy a car. I love all your pics so far can't wait to read and see more. Love, :hug:Teresa.

I cannot believe that your cruise is already over again! :scared1: Where did the time go? :confused3
But I am so happy you enjoyed it - this is one wonderful ship, isn't it?
:woohoo: for booking the dummy cruise - I really hope we can find a date that appeals to both of us, so we can sail together - can't wait! :hug:

Thanks for the great assessment of Magic vs. Dream, Karin! And I have NO DOUBT I will love her!:goodvibes

Is it just your photos, or was the food onboard realllllllllly good? It looks incredible!

You really need to see her and sail on her and you'll LOVE her just as much as I do.
And Captain Henry has agreed to "share HIS DREAM" with some of us! ;) :laughing:

I'm staying in a 2 Bedroom at AKV-Kidani in October for my niece and nephew's first trip. Rack rate is over $8000!!!! That's about what I paid for my points total!

DVC is awesome!!!

Jill in CO

:scared1: Now that is what I call a great saving! ;) :goodvibes
I have only been a member for a week now, but I am really falling in love with the benefits of Disney's best kept secret! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS Karin & Tom!!!!! That is such wonderful news!!!:yay:

Thank you, Mary Ellen!
It's not as wonderful news as your beautiful little granddaughter, but for us it was pretty big! ;)
BTW, I LOVE those facebook photos! :hug:
Tell Kristy I need MORE!!!!!

First off

WELCOME HOME!!!

We are owners at Kidani and love it :love::love::love:, Great pics so far. I need to go on the Dream!!!

Can't wait for the TR!!

Thank you, Mary!
A week ago I would have sworn that we would NEVER bite for DVC and now I am absolutely in love with it!
You would love the DREAM and so would your girls, the kids club is AMAZING!!!!

Congratulations, Karin & Tom!!! I was almost right!! I guessed you bought into DVC at OKW, but BLT is SO MUCH better!!!:woohoo:

So, so happy for you two!!! WTG!! Sure makes sense, considering you are at WDW twice a year for so many nights and Cruising ::yes::....hope you bought enough points!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

...and hope you got some fabulous incentives!!!:cool1:

You know us all too well, Christine! ;)
I could not believe that you guessed that we bought into DVC! But unfortunately neither OKW or BLT were offered - we bought SSR. And we have never even considered staying there. :rotfl2:

I am already finding ways to spend all those points - another area of Disney I need to learn about! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Welcome Home :welcome::jumping1: LOL is it still my fault ?

Thank you, Jeff!
And YES, it is still ALL your fault - your gift of a hat ...... and some of that pixie dust! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Congratulations, guys.

Thank you, Kathy! :goodvibes

party:party::welcome:HOME!!!!!!!party:party:

Oh- I am SOOOOO happy for you!! :hug: DVC is the MOST wonderful thing- we absolutely LOVE ours and I am so glad you will be enjoying it TOO! Where did you buy? Was it BLT or your beloved OKW?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:dance3:

Thank you, Ellen
You all have NO idea how much the "Welcome home" means to me! It nearly made me cry every time we went through the gates at WDW and now it really means Welcome Home to us! :woohoo:
I wish we could have bought OKW, but they were only offering SSR and AKL and SSR was far more cost effective and it's closer to OKW ..... ahm, and the Treehouses sounded fun too! ;)

Love the picture of Tom, of course I already knew about your exciting news. ;)
I am so happy for you both.:hug:

Thank you, Teri!
I could not believe HOW long that took that day, and I am sorry you couldn't follow your plans, but you should really consider DVC too! It DOES make sense - just like Ann told us.
Maybe in the future, when the first grandkids come along ...... ;)

WOW! So super excited for you! Where is your home resort? Can we come visit you at BLT in February? :lmao: I think that being that close to MK for your two nights will be a real dream come true. :goodvibes

Thank you, Tina!
Our home resort is SSR - the price was right and the Treehouses sounded fun too! ;)
Sure you can come visit in February! Have you decided where you are going to stay? Beach Club again?
We talked about being so close to the MK today too! It should be fun to just "walk over" without having to drive. :love:

:cheer2:Welcome Home Tom and Karin!:cheer2: We love our DVC! Yes, we will have dues, but when our contract is paid for, we'll have 36 more years of rooms for the price of 1 or 2 night's stay!!! We also love the flexibility. Some timeshares tie you down to a certain week and then you don't have time to use it that particular week! I can't wait until we can add more points!!! Enjoy!!!

Thank you, Tammie1
I am so happy that you all agree with me and are so happy for us! I cannot believe HOW easy it was to get everything going and now for our February trip all we pay for is our flight and cruise! :woohoo:

Congratulations on the DVC! :yay: That's awesome! BLT will be great....walking to MK....yes please!

Thank you, Abby!
I still need to pinch myself to believe that we actually are now members and that we are going to stay at BLT! :woohoo:
We have already decided to watch the fireworks from the TOTWL and I am SO excited about it ........ a whole new Disney World for us! ;) :laughing:

How awesome.....Thats so funny because we had that conversation about why or why not buy into DVC.....I'm so glad you did! :banana:

Jen, if you had asked me a week ago I would have sworn that it was NOT for us, but when it was all laid out and the price was somewhat right, it was an easy decision.
But I still haven't fully realized we are members now, :rotfl: I still have to fish out my membership card to believe it! :lmao:

CONGRATS KARIN AND TOM!!!!!!!!!! *huuuuuuuuuugs*

I'm so happy for you guys!!! And Bay Lake Tower too!!! It's going to be FABULOUS.

Thank you, Yuki!
Rosie, Tom and I were missing you a lot at our meet! Hopefully we will meet again in the near future! :thumbsup2
Can't wait to stay at BLT - this is going to be another LONG TR! :rotfl2:

Congratulations on DVC! It is one of the best decisions we have made and seems perfect for your vacation style. :goodvibes

Thank you!
It's fantastic to see HOW many of the DISsers are DVC members - it just seems the right thing to do!
I am glad that you enjoy it so much, I cannot wait to really travel on points for the first time!

Thank you, Yuki!
Rosie, Tom and I were missing you a lot at our meet! Hopefully we will meet again in the near future! :thumbsup2
Can't wait to stay at BLT - this is going to be another LONG TR! :rotfl2:

I missed you guys too!!! I so wished I could've been there.

And yes of COURSE we'll be meeting in the future! 2013 isn't THAT long away anyways. :hug:

Day 14, August 26

Another Nassau day, which started with a good breakfast

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

The staw market in Nassau had taken a huge blow by Hurricane Irene!

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

We came across this "Wanted" poster .....

IMG_1582.jpg

then went to do some shopping

DSC_0178.jpg

when we got back to the ship we needed some more "fuel" for our bellies ;)

IMG_1590.jpg

we found some more FE gifts

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

then headed up a deck for the icecream social

DSC_0182.jpg

and ran into some friends who had been married on board the ship that very day!

DSC_0183.jpg

and then it was time for the Champagne Tasting

IMG_1607.jpg

and we got even more FE gifts!

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

To be continued .....

I missed you guys too!!! I so wished I could've been there.

And yes of COURSE we'll be meeting in the future! 2013 isn't THAT long away anyways. :hug:

:woohoo: I'll keep my fingers crossed for 2013!!! Ever thought about cruising, Yuki? :rotfl2:

Day 14, Aug 26 continued

We needed another snack before walking all over the ship to hand out more FE gifts.
This time we remembered to take photos of all our gifts ......

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

We watched the ship leave Nassau

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

and were told we would not go to Castaway Cay :sad2:

Time for dinner ......

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

We made it in time for the fireworks .......

DSC_0207.jpg

and Pirate night buffet with even MORE food

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

Tom got a late night snack :lmao:

IMG_1683.jpg

Karin, I did not mind missing the concert, DVC gave us time to visit with you a little longer. I definitely will consider joining if I ever have the extra money to do it. I is great for people that plan to go often. I am sure we can go on the cruise in 2013 as long as we can get in at the cheapest rate. Next year's rates were just too much at this point for us. Mick said he would prefer the 7 night cruise because the 4 night seems to be over before you know it and we didn't do everything. It is a beautiful ship, I can't believe you will be on three Dream sailings next year!!!! How wonderful!!:hug:

Also was it Aki at Palo you told us to say hello to??? If it was we did, we saw her walking by our table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter