Iger is back?

Iger put us on the track Disney is on and really just used Chapek as the fall guy. Not that Chapek did any good, and probably made it worse but I don't see Iger really doing anything fantastic for Disney in the short term. Hopefully he just tries to correct a few things that need addresses but I don't hold out much hope.

Hallelujah!!! FINALLY! Chapek was running Disney into the ground. Iger will right the ship.
Do you really think he's going to roll back the last 2 years? FP+, Genie+, Price Inceeases across the board?

I doubt it. Ultimately his performance and compensation is measure by how much money he is making for the shareholders.

I fear Disney just wanted a scapegoat to take the fall for all the stuff they would have done anyway. Almost seems scripted.

Do you really think he's going to roll back the last 2 years? FP+, Genie+, Price Inceeases across the board?

I doubt it. Ultimately his performance and compensation is measure by how much money he is making for the shareholders.

I fear Disney just wanted a scapegoat to take the fall for all the stuff they would have done anyway. Almost seems scripted.
I have no idea what exactly he is going to do. But Chapek was terrible. Iger wasn’t terrible. I think Iger will have a better pulse of the bigger picture things that will affect the culture of Disney. I don’t care if he isn’t concerned with FP+, quite frankly.

Last edited:
Covid coming. Oh no this is going to be bad. I don’t want my reputation tarnished by what me and the government officials and my fellow CEOs know is coming. What to do what to do. Hey BOBBY BOY get in here. Yeah I have a proposition for you. How’s about you become CEO for a while…do all the dirty work that’s going to be necessary over the next few years then I’ll take over and you’ll get a beautiful stock option and severance pay bonus. Ok great! Now do my bidding you fool…. Or something like that circa February 2020

Covid coming. Oh no this is going to be bad. I don’t want my reputation tarnished by what me and the government officials and my fellow CEOs know is coming. What to do what to do. Hey BOBBY BOY get in here. Yeah I have a proposition for you. How’s about you become CEO for a while…do all the dirty work that’s going to be necessary over the next few years then I’ll take over and you’ll get a beautiful stock option and severance pay bonus. Ok great! Now do my bidding you fool…. Or something like that circa February 2020

I mean to be blunt his leadership going into COVID and the abandon ship mentality....I wouldn't want to work for him.

Iger put us on the track Disney is on and really just used Chapek as the fall guy. Not that Chapek did any good, and probably made it worse but I don't see Iger really doing anything fantastic for Disney in the short term. Hopefully he just tries to correct a few things that need addresses but I don't hold out much hope.
THIS.

I have no idea what exactly he is going to do. But Chapek was terrible. Iger wasn’t terrible. I think Iger will have a better pulse of the bigger picture things that will affect the culture of Disney. I don’t care if he isn’t concerned with FP+, quite frankly.

Iger was just as bad but for whatever reason he doesn't get crap for it. Acquiring FOX while taking on billions in debt then adding the money pit of Disney+ is why everything in WDW has gone up while the quality goes down.

If he doesn't give us back FP+ at least allow us to book 3 Genie+ 30 or 60 days in advance, and then additional ones after they are used. Same as FP+ used to be. This was the worst part of Genie+, that you had to be constantly on the phone trying to book something.

With this GREAT news, will Iger decide to backtrack on buying 21st Century Fox in some way (basically just sell 20th Century Studios)? The acquisition put lots of debt pressure on Disney.

With this GREAT news, will Iger decide to backtrack on buying 21st Century Fox in some way (basically just sell 20th Century Studios)? The acquisition put lots of debt pressure on Disney. Also he should pull the plug on retheming Splash Mountain.

Wasn’t Genie Igers idea.

It most likely was, along with a lot of things currently in the parks. If people think for one second that this means Genie+ or park reservations are going away, or that he will wave a magic wand and take people back to the good old days of the year they first visited WDW, they're solely mistaken. There's a lot of wishful thinking about.

YES! What great news to wake up to on a Monday morning at Walt Disney World!

The ship has been without a rudder and I expect to see changes immediately:

* Clean up the dirty parks
* Attitude adjustment from the top
* Put some energy back into Disney
* Perhaps not an apology, but a few *thank you* tweaks for loyal fans

This change gives Disney time to bring in a large group of up and coming energetic, enthusiastic and creative apprentices for Bob Iger. In two years, they can cull the herd and take the best and brightest to the top and have a great support group to turn the ship around.

I'll be here for another twelve days and watching to see any changes. Finally, someone woke up!

:welcome:BACK BOB IGER!

This is exactly right. All Chapek has done to this point is execute Iger’s plans. I suspect that Genie+, one of the worst things to happen to WDW, is here to stay. I don’t see the spending on “streetmosphere” to increase. They won’t be dropping prices on tickets, APs, food and merch. Iger was NEVER a parks guy. The focus at Disney for a few years now has been and will remain to be, Disney+. If anything, the last year has taught them that they can spit on park fans and they will still show up AND they will spend money on whatever crap they peddle.

Nothing will change in the parks until park attendance plummets. Even then I think they would try to increase prices to make up for a revenue shortfall before they focus on improving the customer experience. Remember that Iger is the one who brought us the “premium cabanas” (see pop-up car-ports) in Tomorrowland to try to generate revenue…

It was rather convenient timing, wasn’t it? Iger was toying with the notion of a presidential run, wasn’t he? The rumor is that he signed for a 2 year stint as CEO this time. What is in 2 years from now?

Shhhh! This was my second thought too. The first was euphoria and I want to hang on to that feeling for just a little while longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter