I'm home. Post 35 photo added.

I'm right behind you. So often I bite my tongue and hold back - and then I regret it. I would never let my children behave like that, so why put up with it from other people's kids? We were watching a show and a grown woman came and stood in front of Jess. I took her hand and walked right in front of the woman and said, 'There now you can see without any grown ups pushing in front'. GGGGRRRR!

I have also allowed strangers' kids to sit at the front of shows with my kids. I often ask parents if their kids want to squeeze next to mine. I don't mind, as long as they don't push in front or obscure their view.

:rotfl: nice one :thumbsup2

I had to laugh at Cafe Mickey, as Prince John was coming over to see Kyra, the child on the table next to us tried to push Kyra out the way and suddenly Prince John swiped him away, i couldnt help but laugh :rotfl: If my child can excitedly wait her turn why cant others.

This happened alot actually, from what i saw of the characters they was making peope wait there turn nicely and ones that pushed in the characters pushed away.

Good!
I can understand a little kid getting excited and running for a character but the parents should yank them back!. I would haul mine back if they did that - I don't believe they ever would because they queue patiently for things whenever we are out. The 'scrum' elements are the worst bit about Disney parks. I suppose the only answer is more CM's around the park and a zero tolerance to the kind of aggressive behaviour that would see a little 4 year old girl pushed down some steps.

i totally agree. i didnt witness much rudeness on my trip but i would be so annoyed if anyone upset ashleigh and i would make it known too. you are so right emma. why should you queue for someone to cut in front or have some child at kyras buggy out of boredom.

on my trip we were gonna skip the parade and head down to fantasyland but ash caught sight of the princesses. there was a woman in her 60,s on her own with a space either side and i said excuse me and motioned to her to let ash see. it was really quiet and there was nobody in front or behind her. she just threw me a look and ignored me. i pushed in anyway. that was the day that cinderella and snow white came over to ash *** she was crying and you should have seen the womans face lol

on the other hand i have had people push me in and tell their kids to make some space when ash was trying to see candleabration (she was standing on my throat lol) so it works both ways. but still in all grrrr to the rude people

Good!
I can understand a little kid getting excited and running for a character but the parents should yank them back!. I would haul mine back if they did that - I don't believe they ever would because they queue patiently for things whenever we are out. The 'scrum' elements are the worst bit about Disney parks. I suppose the only answer is more CM's around the park and a zero tolerance to the kind of aggressive behaviour that would see a little 4 year old girl pushed down some steps.

I find it a shame when parents can't teach there children to queue. It really isnt that hard. Or is it? :lmao:

I find it a shame when parents can't teach there children to queue. It really isnt that hard. Or is it? :lmao:

nope emma its not that hard lol. ash got the hang of it last trip. when meeting characters she would tell the next child go on lol. she was only 22 months so when 5 or 6 year olds cant manage it, it says more about the parents. and dont get me started about when adults cant queue lol

I'm so excited about going back in September, i'm kinda debating on a day trip before then :lmao:

My two boys sat in their seats and waited for the characters to come to them but many other children were running up.I did see a CM tell a few children to go back to their seats.

I do have to admit I spoke rather gruffly to a lady who was practically using Macs head as a tripod during the parade

I liked the more organized character meets in Toon town

My two boys sat in their seats and waited for the characters to come to them but many other children were running up.I did see a CM tell a few children to go back to their seats.

I do have to admit I spoke rather gruffly to a lady who was practically using Macs head as a tripod during the parade

I liked the more organized character meets in Toon town

:thumbsup2 I love the character meets in WDS, even the characters milling around the front lot was very organised and orderly.

I knew this would happen :lmao: I said to you on Wednesday you would be back before September

:lmao: Well....:rotfl: I did promise Kyra that she would get to see Fantillusion soon so maybe a overnight stay? :rotfl2:

I need to do some calculations:surfweb: :lmao:

Good for you for standing your ground. We had a few like that as well, one of whom refused to move after she stood right in front of my Jess, so somehow she accidentally got the back of her heels caught on the pushchair. And, unfortunately when she turned around and scowled and swore at me, it somehow happened again... :rotfl2: I think by that stage she was a bit fed up with my defective pram and moved!

On the otherside, I met some lovely people whose children we let squash in next to ours while watching the parades.

On Wednesday, (after the arm incident), we went back to the studios late on and while DH and DS went on Crush, we went to see Sully. Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away talking to the rather dishy CM :lovestruc and Sully was finishing up and about to go before Jess had got to have her picture taken with him. Dishy CM asked Sully for one more and just as Jess got to him, a woman came barging past her but Sully stamped his foot and shooed her away, refusing to deal with her!

Good for you for standing your ground. We had a few like that as well, one of whom refused to move after she stood right in front of my Jess, so somehow she accidentally got the back of her heels caught on the pushchair. And, unfortunately when she turned around and scowled and swore at me, it somehow happened again... :rotfl2: I think by that stage she was a bit fed up with my defective pram and moved!

On the otherside, I met some lovely people whose children we let squash in next to ours while watching the parades.

On Wednesday, (after the arm incident), we went back to the studios late on and while DH and DS went on Crush, we went to see Sully. Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away talking to the rather dishy CM :lovestruc and Sully was finishing up and about to go before Jess had got to have her picture taken with him. Dishy CM asked Sully for one more and just as Jess got to him, a woman came barging past her but Sully stamped his foot and shooed her away, refusing to deal with her!

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your little girl, I hope she is feeling better now :hug:

Welcome back Emma :goodvibes glad you had a good time even if with a very bad weather, it's SO cold in Italy too :sad2:
What a shame about Annette, it's our family's everytime favourite :confused3

What a fabulous view :goodvibes
Just been looking at your pics on FB, they're lovely and the one with Kyra and Cinderella brought a tear to my eye. :lovestruc

Just been looking at your pics on FB, they're lovely and the one with Kyra and Cinderella brought a tear to my eye. :lovestruc

Aww thanks Jill. Cinderella was lovely and even gave Kyra a hug when we was leaving the Auberge, it really made Kyra's day.

Aw, post it on here so we can see it. We didn't see Cinderella at all this time, or Snow White.

Aww thanks Jill. Cinderella was lovely and even gave Kyra a hug when we was leaving the Auberge, it really made Kyra's day.

awww that is so cute. i really want to bring ash to the auberge but i know that none of us will eat anything lol. but she would love to see the princesses :lovestruc

Kyra with Cinderella at the Auberge (Would recommend to everyone, the food ws lovely and the CM we had server was lovely and ever so friendly)

20090109_53.jpg

20090109_54.jpg

20090109_56.jpg

Lovely photos of Kyra.:goodvibes

I think the Disers could be the vigilantes of the parks - we could all wear a green uniform and stop guests doing any of the following:

queue jumping
smoking in queues
pushing
breaking the exclusion zone around any child's pushchair
filming the parades by sticking their cameras in front of your face
shaking wet umbrellas near to other guests

anything else we need to eradicate?:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter