• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Ordering a big BLT for Thanksgiving 2010 NEW 12/3 started TR! see link

Sounds like a PERFECT way to spend Thanksgiving!!!

What a great way to spend Thanksgiving!
Friday will be here before you know it.
Hope you're feeling better today :goodvibes

thanks I agree....it will be different...but a very FUN different~!

Stock up on Airborne.....I just did that prior to our trip to Florida for a family wedding. I do think it helped a cold turning into full on bed ridden sick. I think it has super duper amounts of V-C!

OOOOOO, Thanksgiving at the WL:love: We LOVE it there. I just booked us for May in the Villas there. I had a 40% off code and it's Gabriel's 10th b-day:dance3:

Yes we have some....thanks!

and :cool1: yeah and your ressie and upcoming b-day trip for Gabriel...the big double digit b-day...very fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In life and trip stuff.....

airport arrangements have been made...picking my Dad up on the way, he'll drop us off and then take our van to my sister's on Friday. will call my BIL on the 28th when we are leaving FL and he'll pick us up and we have an emergency major delay plan too....

called all the schools/bus company yesterday to notify them of the kids not being in school on Friday (they have all the other's days off for break)

have packed a few more clothing items and misc things

I have tolietries spread out on my bed to organize, refill small bottles and pack today.

Matt is getting more done on his Disney do list too.

BUT~

2 kids are home :sick: today...maybe a sick I'd send them to school w/ normally but a stay at home in bed day...is probably best since we are leaving in 3 days :eek: everyone else is a little under the weather too...hope this doesn't turn south or better get it done in the next 48 hrs....

no Disney countdown celebrations the last two days...but we'll try and pull off our Charlie Brown pre-Thanksgiving tomorrow and finish go over all the plans w/ the kids too.

J~

On Friday Nov. 28th…we’ll be having a hooping fabulous day!

After breakfast in the villa, we’ll walk over to the MK and hopefully catch the morning show before strolling up Main Street

christmasma.jpg

Our top thing for today is to meet Tink and her Fairy friends

FairiesMeetAndGreet_998-1.jpg

Then we’ll hop on over to AK again for the majority of the day…

We’ll have an early lunch at Restaurantosaurus and then let the kids enjoy some playtime at the Boneyard

dinoland.jpg

Then we’ll go in search of this yr’s group shot w/ Mickey in his Safari gear.

Other goals include:

The Nemo show
KS
The Maharajah Jungle trek

And seeing the Jammin Jingle Parade

jingle_jangle_parade2.jpg

After that we’ll head back to BLT for a break/night and have dinner in the villa

Finish off the night w/ hopping (or walking) back to MK for the last time of this trip…all or some, we’ll play it by ear…

Goals for the night include:

Favorites, repeats, misses

POC
HM
BTMRR
PPF
Buzz
parade
Etc….

Up NEXT: 3 days till Disney countdown celebration and our Day 9 plans….

Thanks for reading,

J~​

I love that you can walk to Magic Kingdom!! :cool1:

And I love all the Christmas decorations too!! :santa:

Hope you are all feeling better soon! :goodvibes

Here's some extra PD for you and the family that all sickness leaves quickly. :wizard::wizard:

Love your Tgiving day plans, sounds wonderfully relaxing. Great day after plans too!

Julie, so excited for you!! I'm sorry some of the kids are home sick, though. Much pixie dust coming your way that some rest nips it in the bud.

Hope everyone feels better by Friday! Lots of rest and vitamins and of course a little pixie dust never hurts anyone!

Also being able to walk to MK is definitely one of the best parts of BLT!

Thanksgiving in WDW sounds fabulous! And I love the idea of just strolling to the MK for the evening. AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

Sorry everyone is a little under the weather...here's hoping they all get it out of their systems now and feel better for your trip!

I love that you can walk to Magic Kingdom!! :cool1:

And I love all the Christmas decorations too!! :santa:

Hope you are all feeling better soon! :goodvibes

I hope everyone is feeling better soon :goodvibes

Thanks Amy and Jennifer...

I am looking forward to seeing those Christmas decorations, we are semi on the mend...Nathan is home again this morning, feeling a bit better, but hoping another day will help a lot. Rachel is still in debate, I'm so-so but my doctor called in some emergency and help med's to keep this cold from agravating my asthma. Matt is doing better...some hard hitting medicine has helped him. Naomi-Ruth and Bekah seem to be teetering on OK and no so ok...so let's hope it stays and the happy side.

Here's some extra PD for you and the family that all sickness leaves quickly. :wizard::wizard:

thanks Anne Marie...I hope so too!

Love your Tgiving day plans, sounds wonderfully relaxing. Great day after plans too!

I agree it will be somewhat fast paced in the begiining...my slower toward the end...hope that plans works to our advantage w/ the incoming crowds

Julie, so excited for you!! I'm sorry some of the kids are home sick, though. Much pixie dust coming your way that some rest nips it in the bud.

Hope everyone feels better by Friday! Lots of rest and vitamins and of course a little pixie dust never hurts anyone!

Also being able to walk to MK is definitely one of the best parts of BLT!

thanks guys :goodvibes

I can't believe you are so close to your trip! In case I don't make it back on before you leave, have a wonderful trip!!! :wizard:

thank you Jackie...hope I have lot's of great adventures to write about when we get back....

Thanksgiving in WDW sounds fabulous! And I love the idea of just strolling to the MK for the evening. AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

Sorry everyone is a little under the weather...here's hoping they all get it out of their systems now and feel better for your trip!

thanks Missy....yes the plans look good, a nice mixture of fun and rest! and let's hope we can get a little more healthy and stay that way for Mickey!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in getting ready....

I was able to pack all the tolietries we need and most of the misc med's...just have the morning of things (toothbrushes, deorderant, etc) and get the twins daily med's together...

I packed the rest of the food items we are brining for NR w/ the exception of her bread and sunbutter.

Only a few misc clothing items of mine need to be packed too

Based on the lovely weather outlook I went ahead and packed the swimsuits in our carry-on bag and put the ponchos in a suitcase (checked)...I am hoping we won't need those things at all this trip :thumbsup2

I have opted to just go w/ bare toes and sandles for my shoes...w/ highs in the 70's and 80's and lows in the upper 50's I hope my toes will be ok ....what do you think???:confused3 I may change my mind last second ????

Matt is still working on getting the kids MP3 players working and fixing Bekah's hoodie (lining) and needs to make Nathan's pirate pants.

the girls made our mousekeeping and TS tip envelopes...they have 1 left to do.

I still need to get the rest of the stuff uploaded into my phone today and a few other misc things.

My goal is to get the rest of all the TRIP stuff done today before the kids get home from school. I am meeting up w/ a friend tonight to pre-celebrate her b-day (11-20) and post celebrate mine from Aug...plus she has our plane seatbelt and g/c for the girls for their b-days....as well tonight we are having our pre-Thanksgiving celebration and have some plan stuff to start going over...we'll have to finish the rest on Thursday night...

wish me luck!

J~

On Saturday, Nov 27th…we’ll have a World Holiday Celebration….

After breakfast in the villa, we take the monorail to Epcot and possible make it to our first EP RD ever….

This is another “no plan-plan” day…

We’ll start out the morning in FW w/ favorites, repeats and misses then at the opening of WS at 11 am…

We’ll start our Holiday Storytelling Tour. Our top 5 choices that we hope to see are:

yet tbd :confused:

We will take in the splendor and joy of the 5 pm Candlelight Processional

clp.jpg

And finish off our night w/ more Holiday fun…before heading back to our room for our last SLEEP at Disney….

On Sunday, Nov 28th…it will be time to say Good-bye…

After our last breakfast in our villa, well finish packing up our stuff and say farewell to our home away from home for the past 9 days….

We’ll just enjoy some time together at the resort before catching our DME return bus and we should be back home in Chicago around 5 pm CST….

Up NEXT: recap of our Pre-Thanksgiving and 1 day till Disney countdown celebration and My Wishes….

Thanks for reading,

J~

Oh forgot to mention and ypu'll see I adjusted my rotating ticker....but yesterday I did remember tocall DVC member services and made the ressie for our 15 yr anniversary trip...have a lake view studio booked at BLT...I'll call back in April and try to switch it to BWV at the 7 month out mark...:goodvibes

we'll be going Oct. 16-20th :yay:

also yesterday night I went to get my hair colored (I'd be a skunk w/out it...not stinky, but w/ a white/grey stripe down my roots :headache:) and treated my self to a pedi too...my toes and feet were in bad shape after the summer...I picked a pretty Mickey red...I'll share a foot pix later...just for you Missy ;)

J~

Love your Epcot holiday plan, just love the Candlelight Processional (have been listening to the CD in my car already ;) ).

Hope the health continues to mend for you guys. I was reading online today recommendations for flying if you have sinus/congestion especially with asthma to take a strong decongestant to help with ear issues.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip, hoping to make it back down there during the holidays in the future (just don't know when).

Oh forgot to mention and ypu'll see I adjusted my rotating ticker....but yesterday I did remember tocall DVC member services and made the ressie for our 15 yr anniversary trip...have a lake view studio booked at BLT...I'll call back in April and try to switch it to BWV at the 7 month out mark...:goodvibes

we'll be going Oct. 16-20th :yay:

also yesterday night I went to get my hair colored (I'd be a skunk w/out it...not stinky, but w/ a white/grey stripe down my roots :headache:) and treated my self to a pedi too...my toes and feet were in bad shape after the summer...I picked a pretty Mickey red...I'll share a foot pix later...just for you Missy ;)

J~

Hurray for your October plans! I know this trip is a :love2: trip, so you guys should have a ton of fun! My DH and I are going for our 10th anniversary in April.:cloud9: Also, I think the 7 month mark for October is March, that's what my DVC renter told me because she'll be calling to try and switch us to AKV then for our Oct 15-21 trip. Check my math for me please....since I'm not a DVC member, maybe I have it wrong.:confused3

Hooray for your pedi! I always loved getting a pedicure. :love:

Love your Epcot holiday plan, just love the Candlelight Processional (have been listening to the CD in my car already ;) ).

Hope the health continues to mend for you guys. I was reading online today recommendations for flying if you have sinus/congestion especially with asthma to take a strong decongestant to help with ear issues.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip, hoping to make it back down there during the holidays in the future (just don't know when).

ugh...never thought of that...some of may have more ear issues on the plane....pooey:headache: I have some of those cold allergy strips that dissolve on your tounge for the kids to take at the airport...so I don't have to deal w/ the liquid check...lots of gum and fruit snacks...usually we are all good...Nathan is the most stuffed up, I don't think I have a sinus issue..more chest. blah....:sad2:

I have on my souvie wish list to get some theme park music on CD's :thumbsup2

Hurray for your October plans! I know this trip is a :love2: trip, so you guys should have a ton of fun! My DH and I are going for our 10th anniversary in April.:cloud9: Also, I think the 7 month mark for October is March, that's what my DVC renter told me because she'll be calling to try and switch us to AKV then for our Oct 15-21 trip. Check my math for me please....since I'm not a DVC member, maybe I have it wrong.:confused3

Hooray for your pedi! I always loved getting a pedicure. :love:

my math could be wrong :confused: yes we are very much looking forward to doing Disney "adult style" :rotfl: I won't go commando planning on this one...just figure out the ADR's and park days to a degree...since we'll be hopping and what day we'll do MNSSHP

figure out all those dates after the Jan trip...have no clue when 180 out is :rolleyes1

Two Days!!! :banana::banana:

I love your plans to take in all of the holiday festivities at Epcot! :thumbsup2

Yay for pretty toes & double yay for your anniversary reservation! :banana: Isn't it fun to have two trips booked at once. ;)

First.....looking forward to that "vacation toes" picture! ;)

Can you believe you leave tomorrow??? How excited are you?? :banana: :banana:

Sounds like you have things under control and plans pretty much set. Have a fantastic trip in case you don't make it back on here before you leave! :goodvibes

Julie!! It's almost time to go!! I'm behind a few updates :guilty: but wanted to pop on here to wish you the absolute best for your vacation. :wizard: pixiedust: :wizard:

I'll PM you about our overlaping days......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter