I'm Sick of Mowing

I'm with you OP. Last year we contracted with a company to do our leaves and will again this year. We almost pulled the trigger on a mowing service this year but didn't. We are about 75% of the way there with just having someone else mow next year.

I love our lawn company... mowing, weed eating, edging, weekly - trims the bushes monthly - Best money spent...

We hired a guy to do our yard this year for the first time and it has been wonderful. We have an average sized yard, but it is on a steep hill, so it is a bear to mow. DH used to spend hours every week mowing, trimming, blowing, etc. We hired a guy with professional grade equipment and he can do all of it in less than 2 hours.

Western MD here. I started mowing in mid April. 2x a week until last week. All the rain, then all the sun, grass grew like crazy. I mowed it down low last week, and we had a hard frost last nite. So today the mower cleaned, ran the leaf blower over everything to make sure all grass was off of it and that it was dry, charged the battery and took it out to store till Spring, then started it up and ran it till all gas was gone, and it is now put away in the shed, under it's cover, till next Spring. That being said , I would still rather mow grass, than shovel snow!~

I typically love to mow the lawn but today was nerve racking! I did not seed this past month because we were hit by hurricane Florence then Michael. By the time I cleaned all that mess up I went on a ten day vacation. Finally today I needed to mow and seed. Right as I went out my next door neighbor came over and told me they killed a copperhead snake in their yard yesterday. :eek::faint: I have never mowed with such caution in my life. Plus I found two holes in my yard.

If we hadn't been watering our grass we wouldn't have had to mow but we were watering to keep it alive so mowing wasn't as often as it could have been if the weather was better. Terrible terrible drought in our area (it affected farmers markets, crops, foundations, heck even pumpkin patches)......followed by like 10inches of rain in the first 9 days of October. Unfortunately all that rain washed away some of the fall seeding we had done but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. There are some spots that I think just won't grow grass well by the street so I'm thinking if it's not good by next fall we might have to consider doing a small mulch/flower/plant bed where the grass hasn't grown well at all. We did a whole yard aeration this fall though.

Our one neighbor didn't water this late spring into summer as the drought was already getting bad. He's just fall seeded to repair his lawn though there are still some bad spots.

Our front yard is full sun whereas our backyard is mostly shaded so they typically are mowed at different times as they grow differently.

You were watering the grass during a drought?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter