• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm so jealous....

EveDallas

Always keep fighting
of all the people who've managed to get the vaccine! I'm happy that people are getting it, I just wish it wasn't so hard - at least here. I've been scouring appointment sites for weeks - all booked. Meanwhile, everywhere I look people are reminders about getting vaccinated. Aughhh! I know I'll get it eventually - I just wish it were easier.

of all the people who've managed to get the vaccine! I'm happy that people are getting it, I just wish it wasn't so hard - at least here. I've been scouring appointment sites for weeks - all booked. Meanwhile, everywhere I look people are reminders about getting vaccinated. Aughhh! I know I'll get it eventually - I just wish it were easier.
For my family; the only reason we were able to get it so quickly was because of my job. I work for public school system and they just opened it to any dependents over 18, so all tje adults in my house are vaccinated. We still haven't heard anything from our Dr. other than they're working on it lol. Good luck...hopefully soon!

Yeah, it's hard waiting. I had my first shot, had an odd reaction to (not COVID symptoms, more like I was give an Epi shot). Now I have to wait until my allergist determines the best plan of action for me.

Have you tried putting yourself on a waiting list at a pharmacy? The CVS where I am was adding anyone ot the list, regardless of eligibility, so that doses weren't wasted. That's how my DBF got his. They were having a lot of extras at the end of the day. (10 doses per vial, but only used for 1 scheduled shot at end of day, etc.) They had to start asking people in the store if they wanted one so those 9 didn't go to waste.

Call your local health department and offer to volunteer at the vaccine site, if you feel safe. In my area, if volunteers are needed, they are given the vaccine.
Call or go to vaccination centers and asked to be put on the stand-by list. Stand by doses are given at the end of the day rather than wasted. You will not be taking a dose from someone else, the dose needs to be used immediately.

I was having a hard time finding the vaccine within a reasonable drive of my house (really wasn't interested in driving to south Georgia from north of Atlanta to get vaccinated) but was up at 2:30 one morning and found an appointment at my local Walgreens. I guess sometimes insomnia has its benefits.

Good luck & hope you find your spot soon!

Try going to the CVS site at midnight when they drop appointments. Find a Facebook group to join that helps people find vaccine appointments. Get registered on the public health sites.

I was at Walmart around 6 yesterday & they made an announcement that they had extra vaccines and anyone who wanted one should go to the pharmacy and that they would be guaranteed a 2nd shot. I was surprised they didn't have a waiting list.

they probably do have a waiting list. They were probably getting ready to close for the day. The pharmacy the one giving the shots. Couldn’t wait for someone to come in.

Keep doing the right things and don’t get covid. Your time will come someday.

I found my first shot by stalking my local health department website. Someone cancelled and I was able to grab their spot. Local Facebook groups can also be helpful. I know several people who work for the pharmacies and department of health post when a new batch of vaccine appointments are about to be released.

I have to say that my state (NH) has done a good job with getting people vaccinated. I had my first one last week and my second is scheduled for the 23rd of this month. DH is fully vaccinated. DD & DSIL are fully vaccinated (health care field).

My senior in college daughter’s pediatrician‘s office called a few days ago (yes, she still goes to her pediatrician for general health stuff and her yearly checkup. She also has a gynecologist at home and one at school). They have the covid vaccine and are offering vaccination appointments starting today, Friday, to their patients and inviting their parents to get vaccinated as well. DD was coming home this weekend for Easter, so I called her to ask if she wanted to come home a day early to get the vaccine. She jumped on it and has an appointment for today at 5:00! I’m a teacher, so I’m already fully vaccinated. I’ve been stalking pharmacy appointments to get a vaccine appointment for my DH. When this fell in my lap, I tried to get DH to get vaccinated with her, but he’s being difficult. I think his mom planted some crazy ideas in his head about the vaccine. At any rate, DD is psyched!!!!

OP, I hope you are able to get an appointment soon!

It’s not going to get any easier now that most states have made anyone 16+ eligible. Vaccine production and distribution isn’t as fast as how many more become eligible.

A vaccine will be easier to come by once this initial demand surge subsides. There will definitely be a time soon when it becomes harder to convince someone to get one.

Try going to the CVS site at midnight when they drop appointments. Find a Facebook group to join that helps people find vaccine appointments. Get registered on the public health sites.

On Wednesday, I was able to find an appointment for my niece by checking the CVS vaccine website at Midnight. After one refresh, I had several options at a CVS near her and got her an appointment for this Monday.

Just a tip (and you may know this), some places have an end of the day list and they will call people on that list if they have more vaccines than appointments. This way they use what they have and it doesn't go to waste. A Walmart near me was doing this. You just had to be prepared to head straight there.

Keep refreshing the Kroger website. I have seen appts pop up all the time. Also, change your zip code and make sure you are checking the box for locations 20 miles away.

Publix drops their vaccines at 7:00 am every Friday for the next week.

Walmart drops theirs every night at midnight!

Also, check the mass vaccination websites for cancellations. They pop up all the time! We got vaccinated at a mass vaccination site. Had to drive a little bit, but it was a well oiled machine. In and out.

Get on all the lists, state, hospital, county, drug chains... The other way that seems to be very successful is these “helper” groups that book appointments for others as a service. They seem to get results fairly quickly, even when individuals don’t seem to be able to book one themselves. Apparently they know the times to go on the various sites and successfully book appointments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter