I'm the reason people don't want gays to have kids...

True North

Mouseketeer
Oh no! I think I have too many bad sterotypes going at once! :scared1:

I know we always laugh and shake our heads when people say that the GLTB community shouldn't have kids becuase they will raise gay children. This is a silly notion, however, I think if anyone had a video camera in my house right now they would assume I am actively trying to recruit my son to "our team".

Right now, after a long and boring week, we are having The First Annual Family Dance Party! Well, not exactly, Papa is cooking and singing along, but Daddy and Mark are getting down with their bad selves. He might not be able to talk in full sentances, he might not be able to go to the bathroom by himself, he might not even be able to always walks without falling, however, my son DOES KNOW HOW TO DANCE!

party:

Mark will not be the kid in the class that stands in the corner when all the girls are in the middle of the dance floor. He will know how to get his groove on from the very start. The jury may be out if I am trying to raise him gay or to be quite the lady's man, however this boy is going to bring it.

I also think I might have to join the "Bad Parenting" thread. I got a CD of kid friendly music. After sitting through two songs the dance party threw out the CD, and is now playing Kelly Clarkson, Basement Jaxx, old boy bands, and songs from Star Academie, (the French Canadian version of American Idol.) I never noticed how many of my songs are not kid appropriate until you start to pay attention. My "Mark friendly" playlist needs a lot more songs. Oh well...

That's my weekend so far, I hope you are having a great one too! :thumbsup2

I loved reading your post. It makes me smile for you all. Mark will be a wonderful well adjusted kid.......I think you are all awesome! :banana:

You are an awesome parent. You have one very lucky kid there.

Now, go on with your bad self!

You may want to look for "Mouse House" Disney's Dance Mix CD.......

Some great dance versions of Diseny music.

My mother tells me I could cut the rug to the Beatles back in the old Ed Sullivan days!

I also think I might have to join the "Bad Parenting" thread. I got a CD of kid friendly music. After sitting through two songs the dance party threw out the CD, and is now playing Kelly Clarkson, Basement Jaxx, old boy bands, and songs from Star Academie, (the French Canadian version of American Idol.) I never noticed how many of my songs are not kid appropriate until you start to pay attention. My "Mark friendly" playlist needs a lot more songs. Oh well...

I think I can help here.

There are a couple of artists left over from my stint as a 'psuedo' new waver in the 80s, that are now making Kid Friendly music.

They Might Be Giants
Dan Zanes (who was in DelFuegos).

Both of these are definitely kid friendly, but the actual music is good enough that you won't want to pull your hair out by the roots!!!

I think it's great that you're teaching your little guy a skill that he can carry with him for the rest of his life. :thumbsup2 Trust me, he'll soon be the envy of his peers because he knows how to dance. And just because I love this smilie, I have to put his picture in :dancer: . Too bad they don't have a toddler version of that smilie.

Hee Hee Heee... :rotfl2:
FUN TIMES!!!

You are GREAT parents, and enjoy these times!!!

And as Mark gets a little older, these are the kind of silly fun family times he will remember!!! I'm 33 and I still remember doing silly things like that with my parents!

Have fun!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:
-Christal

that sounds like so much fun! I hope you took pics!

Can't help you with kid friendly music - if I were in your possition my kid would have no choice but to listen to Madonna! :lmao:

I think you are great. Some of the funniest videos of the kids, in their opinion, are of them dancing around the living room with us when they were little. Enjoy the time he is young because they grow up way too fast.

haha! Thanks guys! You all rock! Sadly there are no photos, but I have a feeling that we will be doing this sometime again soon! :)

Mike, I might have to check out that CD. To be honest, I need to catch up ona a bit of my Disney knowledge before our trip. And Tony, don't worry, there was definetly some Madonna! Ever try to teach a toddler the moves to "Hung Up"? What is worse; the fact this is what I teach my son, or the fact that I knew all the moves to begin with? :teeth:

And Tony, don't worry, there was definetly some Madonna! Ever try to teach a toddler the moves to "Hung Up"? What is worse; the fact this is what I teach my son, or the fact that I knew all the moves to begin with?

Um - I don't see a problem here at all! Although now instead of pictures - maybe we should require some video of this! :lmao: ;)

Sounds like fun to me! Congrats on your family! BTW you should definitely find a photo op to take a pic of him doing his little dance:thumbsup2

The other day DH and I were listening to the radio and on pops and Earth Wind & Fire song. We were GROOOOOVIN' BABY! (Thank God no one saw us)....so...

Is there anything wrong with bringing out the Earth Wind and Fire or perhaps Kool and the Gang??? ("Celebrate" rules....doesn't it??? :rolleyes: )....or howsabout KC and the Sunshine Band??? I have been known to embarrass the crap out of my DD's while dancing to their music in Old Navy.

Now, I also prefer to pull a little Carlton(from Fresh prince of Bel Air) and dance to some Tom Jones...all in jest of course, but quite fun!

And isn't most of that stuff clean?? :banana:

When my niece way young my fav kids CD was Choo Choo Bugaloo by Buckwheat Zydaco. I think Zydaco may be an acquired taste but it was definitely kid friendly and definately danceable!

True North said:

I also think I might have to join the "Bad Parenting" thread. I got a CD of kid friendly music. After sitting through two songs the dance party threw out the CD, and is now playing Kelly Clarkson, Basement Jaxx, old boy bands, and songs from Star Academie, (the French Canadian version of American Idol.)

Does you child prefer Star academie or American/canadian Idol ? I feel like Star is much more entertaining with all the big production number and all the kids in the province know each and every contestants !

http://www.staracademie.ca/

haha! Thanks for the song tips guys!

Toto, you are entering the true language debate of our house. Francophone DH would choose Star Academie, while Anglo me perfers Canadian Idol. Mark has yet to really watch TV, so we will have to see what he chooses. Mark being the only truly fluently bilingual person in the house will be the imparcial judge. I know Star Academie will probably win becuase it does have the big production numbers, but I grew up on the songs of Canadian Idol. The only way I could win is becuase Mark is more used to English songs just becuase I don't have that many French CDs.

That leads into a whole diffrent problem. While I can speak French fine with a healthy English accent, I don't tend to translate songs in my head when listening to them. Like I can if I think about it, but often I just sing along without. A couple times I have been singing along and realize that I am listening and singing to a very inapropriate song that maybe I shouldn't be singing to with a child that is learning to repeate every word I say beside me. Oh the T-word is going to haunt me for a while....

True North said:
Oh the T-word is going to haunt me for a while....
OK, 'fess up. For those of us who never learned swear words in college french, are you talking about the word for *sshole?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter