In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate... Vol. 6: Goddesses just want to have fun

Yes there were other animals. Here they are -

101_2232.jpg

101_2221.jpg

Yes I did tell the Zebra his water looked like the Love Canal. :laughing:

Here'sJean's personal pet - the Elan -don't try to convince her it's not true. :sad2: Liz!!! The Elan:lmao: I just found out on the DVC boards that he is the one and only in that Savanna - he has a name - CJ - and he literally "nests' in the same area. Ie. right below our room. Hence Jean's :lovestruc. Even in the storming rain - he was standing there just for her of course. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

101_2297.jpg

And with some of his friends -

101_2307.jpg

101_2305.jpg

Here's our balcony. Obviously - from the animal extravaganza I spent a lot of time sitting on my a$$ out there. Relaxing.

101_2302.jpg

We went to Sanaa - Kidani's TS - for lunch one day. Now you know my love affair with Indian food. Kelly wake up. Pay attention. I'm going to discuss Naan, samosa, channa masala etc. :lmao::lovestruc

Well the food was okay. To be fair I've had loads of Indian food - anywhere and everywhere - some like heaven on earth.

But the ambience - the seats we snagged made up for it.

101_2423.jpg

And you know I adore windows. Windows live!!!:lmao: I'm tired folks.

101_2421.jpg

There were so many animals right there. You just can't see them in those shots.

It was a lovely restaurant.

101_2443.jpg

101_2445.jpg

Soon we were off to this place for dessert. Or desserts - it's all a blur. :rotfl::lmao::rotfl::rotfl:

101_1619-2.jpg

Okay, gotta go and try to steal some West Indian food Jean is cooking. The family is over tomorrow.

Nancy - did it. Thanks. :lovestruc

Liz - I have a family cookout I SO SO SO want to ditch tomorrow. Alas, I won't.

Kat - I think typically family trips to WDW are nightmares. It's so hard to please everyone. I think if you go expecting the worst it'll be ok. Just don't be negative expecting the worst or you'll be the problem, lol.

I'm watching a show called "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network. Paula, I think you were watching it a couple weeks ago. I SO need a pizza. Preferably a, flat bread, wood fired, margharita pizza.

Poor Jean - I can't imagine.

Sorry Lyz... that show is evil. I finally got the pizza craving out of my head. Of course, I replaced it with sweet potato fries and homemade potato chips both of which I ate in a 24 hour period. Ugh... so not looking forward to seeing the scale this week.

Cathie - listen carefully to what I am about to say. For the love of your family, please leave your scale at home while you are at Disney. I am going to repeat that one - leave your scale at home!

It is your vacation and while you shouldn't just go hog wild and eat everything in sight, you are allowed some guilt free indulgences. I was on the dining plan while I was there this past year and went in with a plan. I wanted to maintain my weight within +/- 1 pound so I focused on making healthy choices where I could, watching my portion sizes and still ate pretty much what I wanted (including a taste or more of dessert at most meals). I just didn't eat as much (don't be afraid to order from the kids menus at the counter service restaurants - I did this on the day I was craving chicken tenders and fries and it worked out perfectly). I planned on eating only 1/3 - 1/2 of what they served me and left the rest behind. I chose the apple slices over fries at counter service meals and loaded up on veggies at dinners. I ate dessert when I wanted it, but it may have only been 1/2 of the serving (sometimes I ate the whole thing). I ate Mickey ice cream bars and popcorn and all of that wonderful stuff that makes the disney parks so great (fresh baked snickerdoodles at the Christmas party were a must have every time I passed the stands serving them). I also walked my butt off and was the Fast Pass runner for the family. When I came home, I went to JC and faced the music fully prepared for whatever the results. It was one week of fun that I wouldn't have traded for the world for. I had a plan, owned my actions and I thoroughly enjoyed myself on that trip! To my surprise and relief, I lost .2 pounds that week. I would have been miserable if I had spent my vacation obsessing about my weight. It is one week and you aren't going to do any damage that can't be undone within the next few weeks after you get back. Give yourself permission to enjoy your vaction.

Hi gang...

The track was fun today. The race I went to see was every bit as thrilling as I hoped it would be. The place was just electric with energy. The downside - I kind of snacked my way through the day with almost wreckless abandon - oops... Not horribly, but definitely not on plan and my stomack is letting me know. Good thing I did a solid hour of cardio this morning (35 minutes of spinning and 25 minutes on the treadmill). I am weight training w/ Jesse tomorrow and spinning with him afterwards so I should get a good butt kicking to get this crap out of my system. The rest of the weekend is looking like a nice one and I am going to check out a new biking trail on Monday.

Nancy - I know you asked about my upcoming race so here are the details. I am doing another charity ride. This one is for the local Habitat for Humanity chapter and is a ten miler on the banks of the Hudson in Albany. Nice and flat and should be pretty easy. On the plus side, the ride ends at a local brew pub (a sponsor of the event) and there are free pints waiting for me at the finish line. Gotta love that right? The race is on 9/27 and I'll be sure to post the race report.

Nancy - did it. Thanks. :lovestruc

:thumbsup2 So glad Lisa. And don't you feel good about that?

I know I've asked this before, but I have to ask again because I've forgotten. What kind of camera do you have? Your pictures are so fabulous!

It is one week and you aren't going to do any damage that can't be undone within the next few weeks after you get back. Give yourself permission to enjoy your vaction.

A-MEN!

Nancy - I know you asked about my upcoming race so here are the details. I am doing another charity ride. This one is for the local Habitat for Humanity chapter and is a ten miler on the banks of the Hudson in Albany. Nice and flat and should be pretty easy. On the plus side, the ride ends at a local brew pub (a sponsor of the event) and there are free pints waiting for me at the finish line. Gotta love that right? The race is on 9/27 and I'll be sure to post the race report.

Sounds fabulous! Do you suppose you could convince them to change the date? :laughing: I'd love to come ride with you, but that's parents weekend @ Norwich - and we all know there's no way I'm missing that! ;)

Another beautiful day here. We've had an incredible stretch of fabulous weather! Of course, it's *after* the kids are back in school :headache: Planning on going for a run later this afternoon with Nate & one of his x-c buddies. Ok - I'm not running "with" them, just at the same time as they are...heck if I'm driving them to run the trails at the game refuge, then I might as well lace up myself, right?

Sounds fabulous! Do you suppose you could convince them to change the date? :laughing: I'd love to come ride with you, but that's parents weekend @ Norwich - and we all know there's no way I'm missing that! ;)

Another beautiful day here. We've had an incredible stretch of fabulous weather! Of course, it's *after* the kids are back in school :headache: Planning on going for a run later this afternoon with Nate & one of his x-c buddies. Ok - I'm not running "with" them, just at the same time as they are...heck if I'm driving them to run the trails at the game refuge, then I might as well lace up myself, right?

Nancy - I would if I could! This just means we need to find another race to do together - either in NY or CT! I wouldn't dream of taking you away from parent's weekend. Despite what you want out of it, I know what Seth is thinking and he is going to want to see his mom and dad and get spoiled by them that weekend (no matter what he may tell you - he wants this). OK - off to the gym for me. Double session today - weight training and a spinning class.

My name is Paula and I am an exercise addict.... :rotfl2:

That still cracks me up...

Make it a good day everyone!!!

Sorry Lyz... that show is evil. I finally got the pizza craving out of my head. Of course, I replaced it with sweet potato fries and homemade potato chips both of which I ate in a 24 hour period. Ugh... so not looking forward to seeing the scale this week.

Cathie - listen carefully to what I am about to say. For the love of your family, please leave your scale at home while you are at Disney. I am going to repeat that one - leave your scale at home!

It is your vacation and while you shouldn't just go hog wild and eat everything in sight, you are allowed some guilt free indulgences. I was on the dining plan while I was there this past year and went in with a plan. I wanted to maintain my weight within +/- 1 pound so I focused on making healthy choices where I could, watching my portion sizes and still ate pretty much what I wanted (including a taste or more of dessert at most meals). I just didn't eat as much (don't be afraid to order from the kids menus at the counter service restaurants - I did this on the day I was craving chicken tenders and fries and it worked out perfectly). I planned on eating only 1/3 - 1/2 of what they served me and left the rest behind. I chose the apple slices over fries at counter service meals and loaded up on veggies at dinners. I ate dessert when I wanted it, but it may have only been 1/2 of the serving (sometimes I ate the whole thing). I ate Mickey ice cream bars and popcorn and all of that wonderful stuff that makes the disney parks so great (fresh baked snickerdoodles at the Christmas party were a must have every time I passed the stands serving them). I also walked my butt off and was the Fast Pass runner for the family. When I came home, I went to JC and faced the music fully prepared for whatever the results. It was one week of fun that I wouldn't have traded for the world for. I had a plan, owned my actions and I thoroughly enjoyed myself on that trip! To my surprise and relief, I lost .2 pounds that week. I would have been miserable if I had spent my vacation obsessing about my weight. It is one week and you aren't going to do any damage that can't be undone within the next few weeks after you get back. Give yourself permission to enjoy your vaction.

Paula, thanks so much for the advice. I know deep down that you are right, and I think that part of my anxiety is that this has not started to feel like a vacation yet, because so much stress has come in preparing for it. Not the planning because I love that, but getting everything done before I go and making sure it is all in order. Therefore, I seem to want to hold myself to the same standards on everything while I'm away.

I think what I am most afraid of is becuase I have been going up and down so much and haven't been able to really stay stable with my weight loss, that if I don't have some way to hold myself accountable while I'm there, that I will lost any ground I have gained.

But because you are right, and this is a vacation on which I am supposed to ENJOY myself, I'm going to just set some vague goals to keep myself in check. The exercise will not be a problem, as we are very much the commando Disney type tourists, and we are there from the minute the park opens until it closes, and the only real rests in between are meals parades and shows. Therefore, I'm sure all the walking will be good for me.

My downfall will be, as it always has been, the sweets.

So, my goals for vacation:
water or tea only with sit down meals
kid's meal if at all possible at counter service
Put half my meal to the side at table services, and after my half is gone, then decide if I want more.
Eat breakfast every day
Use half of my snack credits for fruit
Try (and I use the term try loosely because after all this walking, my determination could waver) to stand for the parades

Lastly.....enjoy myself. I have a lot of stress relating to this trip since beyonce's parents are coming with, and that scares the bejeezus out of me beause frankly, sometimes, they drive me nuts and there's a lot of drama within the family right now so I'm really hoping it doesn't carry into vacation. However, last year's trip with Carlos was so magical, and I am really going to try to concentrate on making it just magical for the FOUR of us this year, even if it means taking my happy butt back to the resort for a nap alone to keep from snapping at anyone.

Okay.....have to go and work on said homework (oy!) and work on laundry so I can pack. Thanks for listening everyone, and for the wonderful advice. It really, honestly, means more than I can type on a keyboard.

Oh, and for those of you who will be there during the 11th-22nd, if you're interested in getting together at all, PM me and maybe we could organize something small!!!!!

Hey everybody! I'm back from Indy and the kiddos are out cold. A nice little thunderstorm is rolling through making it nice and breezy. The windows are open too.

Ok, so it wasn't a very good storm. Our power cut out ever so briefly, but I'm back.

I will have a TR after I catch up.

An Indy TR ~ better known as ~ Do we have to walk to dinner...again?

The kids and I headed for Indianapolis after school Friday. I used hotwire to book our hotel and got it for a steal. I wasn't planning on staying downtown, but the price dropped from almost $150 to about $100 for the two nights from Wednesday to Friday morning.

As we pulled into Indy exiting off of the construction prone I-70, we passed by Lucas Oil Field (or whatever it's called, sorry Colts lovers) and my Garmin screamed that we were getting close. I started getting super excited after realizing that our hotel really was in the heart of downtown. For those of you who don't know, I adore big cities. Our hotel was just after a beautiful walkway.

The kids were impressed when we stopped to check in. Not only did the hotel have a revolving door, but it also had an escalator. They were in heaven and we hadn't even made it to the desk clerk.

The room was amazing and would love to stay at this hotel again. It was an Embassy Suites, but it was nicer than the last Embassy I stayed in. I remember saying in one during a debate meet that was extremely run down. This was far from it. This was almost as nice as the Hyatt that my cousin and I stayed in on the Mag Mile in Chicago.

So onto the details - Friday

The kids swam for a bit and then we went to dinner. I took advantage of the free two drink maximum. Since I was drinking and in the heart of downtown, we walked to dinner. The Hard Rock Cafe was 3 blocks away and had no wait at all. Our server was from a very small town near home and Ryan thought that was really cool. The kids had a great time and I had a hurricane. :rolleyes1 After eating, we roamed some more and made our way to Monument Circle (think European vacation in the round-about). It was pretty. The fountain was lit and there were tons of carriages walking around. Also, there was a huge police presence. That just seemed odd to me. I'm not used to seeing officers walking.

On our way back to the hotel, we were approached by somebody begging for money and that freaked Ryan out a bit. Taylor didn't realize what was going on. My response was that I would be more than happy to get the nearest rescue mission's phone number and address for him. I had to explain my approach to Ryan later (he thought I was being cold and could have done more). He didn't understand why I didn't give him money.

More tomorrow. Good Night!

The hotel sounds great!

As for the person asking for money...I'm used to seeing that. The other night I was in a depressed city in NJ and a guy asked me for money. I just said politely that I couldn't help him out and he left me alone (Asbury Park, for those of you who care.) But, apparently it's not as bad in NYC as it is in other places, which shocked me to some extent. Lisa V, weigh in here, would you? I remember our conversation about not seeing as many people approaching you as you were used to.

I've never much thought about how my kid would react. I guess I grew up with it, and it's very normal to me. I don't know if she's seen it before; maybe she was too young to get it.

Police on foot is totally normal to me, but that's where I live and worked, too.

I also love cities. I find they energize me. It makes me sad when I go to a city I don't like. Like eating candy that you don't love. Disappointing.

I am used to people asking for money as well. Some friends in Chicago and San Francisco say that both cities have had that kind of thing multiply exponentially in the last year.

Even in RDU, we see it a lot, mostly on on ramps or busy intersections or in what passes for downtown Raleigh or Chapel Hill (downtown Durham is not a place that I would recommend visiting).

I don't know what you would say to a kid? I know in Chicago that they would post flyers encouraging people to give time/money to soup kitchens, offer food or cold/hot drinks rather then money, and other such things rather than money directly to the individual.

We have people around the ramps here, but I saw it quite a bit in Cincinnati and remember it when visiting other big cities. Ryan was cool with my explanation.

Liz ~ I so understand the candy analogy. That's how I feel about a larger city near me that I can't stand.

We went to Sanaa - Kidani's TS - for lunch one day. Now you know my love affair with Indian food. Kelly wake up. Pay attention. I'm going to discuss Naan, samosa, channa masala etc. :lmao::lovestruc

Mmmm, Indian Food! Me and DH went out to an Indian restaurant yesterday - I fear it was another day of 55.5 WW points! :sad2:

Which brings me nicely onto....I am BACK ON!!!! Oh yes, I am so on and ive even roped my mum into it too!

I have a spreadsheet (its the geek in me, what can I say). My plans are:

* To exercise at least 5 out of 7 days
* To keep track of what food I am eating and to majorly cut down on the junk food I have been eating.
* To get weighed once a week
* To vary the exercise I am doing so I dont get bored - if im bored its an excuse to stop!
* To finally get rid of this 10lbs (yes, its crept back up to 10lbs) - I am counting this in 1lb bits to make it seem easier :rotfl:
* To post here more - Ive been so busy at work and home lately I feel like I haven't been posting and if my fingers aren't on the keyboard they are in the Tin O' Sin :scared1:

So thats my plans in a nutshell!

Oh, as well as exercising I also have to practise walking in heels again! I seem to have forgotten how to do it! :confused3. I used to live in heels, even though im tall but lately ive been in flat shoes - its only 3 more sleeps until Ladies Day at the races and I have to have my dress, shoes and fascinator mastered :lmao:

I hope everyone is having a great day! :upsidedow

Hi and happy Labor Day!

My kids go back to school tomorrow and I am back on track! During my 4-mile run today, I actually HEARD that switch flip! So exciting.

Paula and Nancy--both of you totally got me through my run today. Nothing specific, but you were both just in my head. It was good!

I have really missed you all. Today is family day since it is the last day of summer and all that, so I will be online tomorrow and catching up with everyone.

An Indy TR ~ better known as ~ Do we have to walk to dinner...again?

The kids were impressed when we stopped to check in. Not only did the hotel have a revolving door, but it also had an escalator. They were in heaven and we hadn't even made it to the desk clerk.

Haha, SO get this. A revolving door AND an escalator!! Woohoo for the kidlets.

On our way back to the hotel, we were approached by somebody begging for money and that freaked Ryan out a bit.

Since I live in small town USA, (Nancy, I guess that means you live in "tiny town" - one with no fast food) we don't have many approaches of people asking for money. One lady, who is obvioulsy a druggie, is always approaching people, and I always say no and move on, and she does too.

I haven't been to too many big cities. A couple of my observations.

-Bob and I arrived in Kansas City late one trip and we were oh so hungry. We had a hotel room downtown and once we checked in we headed out for something to eat. There was NOTHING open. We walked for blocks and blocks. Everything was only open during business hours. We ended up ordering a pizza.

-In Boston, we sayed at a Sheraton, which was nice, but we couldn't believe we had to pay to park our car at a hotel. WTH? Never heard of that one. Yes, $180 to sleep there for the night and then another $75 to park. I guess that's normal. I thought it was just amazing to see a grocery store in a skyscraper. Here they are one big stand alone building with parking all around.

I actually HEARD that switch flip!

Only you!

EriKa - do you have the P90X workout DVD's? It's right up your ally, boot camp for 90 days, so I figured you had it.

I am an idiot. Listen to this. My MIL was having a cookout yesterday. When the family gets together we play lots of games. Not board games, games someone will make up on paper. For example, my BIL brought one - it was a piece of paper with maybe 30 logos on it. There was a race to complete the company name. Things like that. Well my MIL asked Molli to make some games before she came. Molli made a word jumble of states, a cross word puzzle about candy and a word find. Molli asked me to write down some words about todays holiday so she could enter it into the computer for the word find. Puzzle made. Shipped the kids to grandmas and I went out to dinner with Bob. We are sitting at dinner and I blurted out "Tomorrow's LABOR DAY!" He rolled his eyes and shook his head yessss. I made a list of words for Molli for Memorial Day. Veteran, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, America, Thankful, Red, White, Blue........!!!!! I was rolling. I swear, I don't know how I get thru life sometimes.

Indy Day 2

It's our zoo day and the weather is very comfortable. We had a bit of cloud cover off and on. The crowd was outrageous, but the price was good. The Indy Zoo is very compact, but they have a ton of exhibits for their size. I'm used to hoofing it to the next display like we have to at Mesker.

It's divided into different areas such as the Ocean, the Desert, the Plains etc. We went to the Oceans first and then worked our way around saving the dragons for the end. The kids really enjoyed watching the seals and sea lions. Later in the afternoon, we took in the dolphin show. It was cool. I prefer the shows at Shedd in Chicago, but it was good.

I thought I was going to die of heat stroke in the Desert section. It's a dome that simulates desert conditions. Yikes!

The main reason we went was for the Komodo dragons. This was their last weekend on exhibit. Ryan was absolutely in awe. He is still talking about them today.

We spent almost 6 hours walking around the zoo. I think that qualifies for a bit of exercise, lol.

I let the kids swim a bit while I enjoyed the manager's reception. Once again, we walked to dinner and made our way to The Old Spaghetti Factory. Yum!

I am an idiot. Listen to this. My MIL was having a cookout yesterday. When the family gets together we play lots of games. Not board games, games someone will make up on paper. For example, my BIL brought one - it was a piece of paper with maybe 30 logos on it. There was a race to complete the company name. Things like that. Well my MIL asked Molli to make some games before she came. Molli made a word jumble of states, a cross word puzzle about candy and a word find. Molli asked me to write down some words about todays holiday so she could enter it into the computer for the word find. Puzzle made. Shipped the kids to grandmas and I went out to dinner with Bob. We are sitting at dinner and I blurted out "Tomorrow's LABOR DAY!" He rolled his eyes and shook his head yessss. I made a list of words for Molli for Memorial Day. Veteran, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, America, Thankful, Red, White, Blue........!!!!! I was rolling. I swear, I don't know how I get thru life sometimes.

I love this Lyz! :worship:

Lyz - you totally cracked me up with the whole Memorial Day / Labor Day thing. :rotfl2:

Hi and happy Labor Day!

My kids go back to school tomorrow and I am back on track! During my 4-mile run today, I actually HEARD that switch flip! So exciting.

Paula and Nancy--both of you totally got me through my run today. Nothing specific, but you were both just in my head. It was good!

I have really missed you all. Today is family day since it is the last day of summer and all that, so I will be online tomorrow and catching up with everyone.

Hopefully, you weren't cursing me for making you do this. ;) I know you have been in my had plent of times so it is nice to finally be able to return the favor. :goodvibes

We missed you too... Enjoy your family day and then get your butt on here and catch up will ya?

Nancy, this is for you... I FINALLY got a real honest to god bike ride in on my bike today. I did about 12 - 13 miles and absolutely loved it. I forgot how much I missed the peacefulness of the trail. I also noticed that my bike saddle is way more comfortable than the spin bike's saddle. Way more comfy! OK - time to start getting ready for the work week ahead.

Mmmm, Indian Food! Me and DH went out to an Indian restaurant yesterday - I fear it was another day of 55.5 WW points! :sad2:

ah. The day that lives on in infamy! :worship:

:rotfl:

its only 3 more sleeps until Ladies Day at the races and I have to have my dress, shoes and fascinator mastered :lmao:

"3 more sleeps". :laughing: Love that. That's how I used to get my kids to understand the concept of time! Good luck with those shoes. Be very careful, would ya? We don't want any injuries!

You're on, Kelly is on....I've been *mostly* on....signs that good things are bound to be happening!

I went for a most wonderful run yesterday at the game refuge. OMG my body and soul really needed that run. And for me it was LIZ! :laughing: Of course, "Cake" came up on my playlist....

Since I live in small town USA, (Nancy, I guess that means you live in "tiny town" - one with no fast food) we don't have many approaches of people asking for money. One lady, who is obvioulsy a druggie, is always approaching people, and I always say no and move on, and she does too.

Tiny. Yes. And SNOOTY. Stephen and I both grew up here, but it has become total snoot-ville, USA. No, there are no panhandler type people around here. Ever. But we too don't give money directly. Rather we support charities that help those in need
I haven't been to too many big cities. A couple of my observations.

We are sitting at dinner and I blurted out "Tomorrow's LABOR DAY!" He rolled his eyes and shook his head yessss. I made a list of words for Molli for Memorial Day. Veteran, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, America, Thankful, Red, White, Blue........!!!!! I was rolling. I swear, I don't know how I get thru life sometimes.

Hilarious. Sounds like something I would do :laughing:

Nancy, this is for you... I FINALLY got a real honest to god bike ride in on my bike today. I did about 12 - 13 miles and absolutely loved it. I forgot how much I missed the peacefulness of the trail. I also noticed that my bike saddle is way more comfortable than the spin bike's saddle. Way more comfy! OK - time to start getting ready for the work week ahead.

:yay: So glad you were finally able to get back to the great outdoors!

and LISA! did you find yourself a gym to test out yet? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter