In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Hi Everyone!

Quick fly-by from me (Im at work) to mark my place!

Tonight we are starting week 2 of C25K - 90 seconds jogging / 2 minutes walking - and Im looking forward to it! I have officially joined the dark side!

Oh, and I got my registration form for the Race For Life in July - Ive walked the course twice before but this will be my first 5K as a runner!

Morning. Vodka might not have calories, but apparently I can still gain from the OJ. :headache: It better just be water b/c I'm not giving up having drinks occasionally. I should have known better and put it in diet coke.

Jo, we're getting the storm here in MO, but it looks like the first half of it is going to be ICE. Oh joy! Last time we had an ice storm was a few years ago and we lost electricity for 4 days! :eek: Then after the cold air arrives, we are supposed to get the snow, but only about 6 inches.

Go Kelly! I started running with C25K and I loved it. My husband keeps telling me I need to go back to it to ease my knees back into running, but I'm resisting b/c for me it's hard to go back to interval running when I can run 2 miles straight. I think my knees are going to make the choice for me though, so I may start back today. I know I'll be doing my upper body and running though, need to get something in before we get snowed in!

Erika, I'm really interested in the Saucony's! It's harder to find reviews and info on them, but what I've seen looks really promising! I really wish we had a good shoe store around here so I could try some on.

I feel you pain with the snow now Nancy. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

thanks :goodvibes Tomorrow (Tues) we're supposed to get phase 1 of the storm with 4-8" of snow, followed by phase 2 on Wed with another 6+" of snow before turning to sleet and ice. Whee.

I'm not going to jinx anything by proclaiming a number of pounds lost, but finally the scale is moving in the downward direction. :thumbsup2

Off to do my ten miles on the TM. Or, really, my 5.5 and 4.5 miles. ;) Catch ya'll later

Go Nancy! Just popping on to wish you good TM vibes!

I don't think this next storm is coming this far north, though, so Nancy can have this one all to herself. :thumbsup2 Of course, now that I have said that, we will likely get walloped.

Karen--those Sauconys are brand new for 2011 so you won't find much on them just yet. If you want, you can check the shoe review guide for Fall 2010. You will get tons more information and those might even be cheaper since they are now coming out with the 2011 models. Just a thought.

A mid-distance run scheduled for today, weather permitting. It is still only 12* out.

Hi Karen! Welcome to the thread!

Good morning! I now have 10 call outs for my department (about 30%!). Is it spring yet? Just got a kudos and good luck from a VP for all of the Princess participants.

10 miles in the books, and I'm feeling good .:thumbsup2

I used the Blueberry Pomegrante Gu Chomps today for my fuel - those are new to me. I like the texture and taste of them better than the Sports Beans (I found the sports bean to be too sweet) but the size is definitely a bit awkward.

Karen - interval running. I would say give it a shot again. You may be pleasantly surprised I was never a fan of interval running. Until last year. Even though I had run two half marathons as well as a full (and numerous 5K''s and 10k's), I trained for last years Princess 1/2 with a walk-run combo. My body enjoyed that experience much more than the "all running" experiences. For this upcoming 1/2, I did all my runs up to 8 miles as just that - runs. But I struggle with a bit of a hip flexor issue and I came to the conclusion that 8 miles was my limit. I really would like to be able to walk the parks after I'm done with this race.

So, I'm back to the walk-run intervals. I find that my run pace is faster when it is a shorter duration and my body feels better when I give it that short break, whether I feel the need cardiovascularly or not. I force myself to do it. AND believe it or not, my overall pace even with the short walk breaks, is only slightly slower than if I ran the entire time.

Hi Amiee! I'm ready for spring too! Went to the store, and it was a madhouse b/c of the storm coming tonight! They were totally out of eggs too.

Just got back from doing 2 miles! I was worried b/c my knees were hurting at first, but after my first mile they felt better? Nancy, I walked about .10 after each mile and that felt good. I may continue that for now. I've been watching my heart rate and trying to stay in "the zone" and around a mile it helps to walk for a bit. It feels like the right timing for me, any sooner and I feel like I'm starting and stopping all the time and I get frustrated.

I ordered a Bondiband to see if it would hold my hair while I run and it just came! I LOVE IT! I can see them making quite a bit of money off me in the near future! :rolleyes1

Hope everyone has a nice day! :flower3:

Hi Karen! Welcome to the thread!

Good morning! I now have 10 call outs for my department (about 30%!). Is it spring yet? Just got a kudos and good luck from a VP for all of the Princess participants.

Here! Swamped at work today, getting a cold. Bleah. First day back after vacation is NOT fun.

More later.

Sorry Kat!

Nancy! Incredible job on the 10 miler! You are SO ready! This week will be very telling for me.

At soccer. What else is new?! Ha!

The flu has finally been conquered, that stuff is vicious and just in time too. I can finally make it to the gym tonight to restart C2K.

Congrats on making it to Week 2 Kelly.

HI Karen, welcome to the thread.

To everyone else: I hope you are all having a great day and hope the snow turns light.

Since I'd rather not brave the main boards here, just had a question. Has anyone been at Disney on rainy days? If so, do they generally still run the evening events (ie Wishes, Fantasmic, and especially important Illuminations: Reflections of Earth?)
We'll buy some poncho's of course, but I don't know that I could take going to WDW and not seeing Illuminations haha.

Three pages already??? :cool1:

Not that I am surprised!!!!

Great start, Ronda! :goodvibes Beautiful descriptions, E! Makes me sound like less of a loser, love you for that.

Hi, Karen. I was going to quiz you, then I saw that you drink and post. You're in. Look for your cool kid card in the mail. ;)

Rob, yep, they run those fancy light shows except for Fantasmic. Unless it's a safety issue. Dead guests don't buy tshirts. :rotfl:

I'd say I'll catch up, but I won't so how's this? If I"m missing milestone, hit me with it, kay?

Since I'd rather not brave the main boards here, just had a question. Has anyone been at Disney on rainy days? If so, do they generally still run the evening events (ie Wishes, Fantasmic, and especially important Illuminations: Reflections of Earth?)
We'll buy some poncho's of course, but I don't know that I could take going to WDW and not seeing Illuminations haha.

It depends. If it's raining, yes. If it's thunderstorming, no.

If there are Extra Magic Hours that night, sometimes they will postpone if they think that the thunderstorm is going to pass.

I have witnessed all of the above first hand. Wishes and Illuminations in plain rain, Wishes postponed an hour due to thunderstorms in an EMH situation, and Wishes cancelled due to thunderstorms (last Tues, in fact).

Rob - glad you are over the crud!

EE & Kat- better to get the crud out of your system now so it's all said and done before Princess Time princess:!

Paula - I'm pulling out the voodoo doll for you.:eek: Hope your afternoon was, well, not craptastic. Good luck tonight at JC :hug: Remember - just showing up is 1/2 the battle some days.

I've been watching my heart rate and trying to stay in "the zone" and around a mile it helps to walk for a bit.

What kind of monitor do you use? I'm a Polar fan. F6 I think is the one I have right now.

Amiee Indiana is to get hit hard to. They say up to 20" for us
Tuesday into Wednesday

Welcome to my world Jo :rotfl2: Really though. Enjoy it. And be safe.

Hi, Karen. I was going to quiz you, then I saw that you drink and post. You're in. Look for your cool kid card in the mail. ;)

:rotfl2: Our qualifications tend to be slightly different than others :rotfl2:

Drama Club tonight. I have some costuming stuff to do. And a new mom that I need to reign in a bit. Oy. Energizer Bunny on crack this one is. Full of ideas, mostly decent ones, but over enthusiastic - Makes Martha Stewart look like a slacker. Not afraid to share her opinion whether asked or not and I'm getting the feeling that she's unintentionally intimidating some of my help. I think I need to redirect her energy to some projects where she won't possibly step on any toes. Toes that I desperately need in my corner :rolleyes1

Nancy - this is a kids drama club, right? Good luck guiding that energy in a harmless direction. As a friend of mine used to say about the uninitiated, "they're so cute when they're puppies". RIP Pete. Best mentor ever.

ALSO, way to go on the TM run.

DGF is getting her run in tonight. She has a Tuesday class this semester. Not that they'll have class tomorrow night. They've already cancelled for tonight. Everyone seems ready to batten down the hatches and give up on tomorrow. The snow isn't supposed to start in earnest until lunch. I'll go in and use the treadmill.

I have five miles on the plan for tomorrow. I skipped my speed workout today. My left foot still hurts from time to time, but I can hop on it. I have an appointment Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Ronda

This just made my night. :lmao: :lmao: Great job on the 10!!!

Ronda, has it started to snow or anything donw by you.
Its very windy here no, but our "event" is due tomorrow on the way home.
I could use a snow day... PMS and work stress don't mix.. I will not eat cookies, I will not eat cookies. OMG I just ran 11.5 for pete sake don't eat cookies..
OK, I have issues, but again you all knew that. :rotfl2:

Kat, as the kids say here. I hope the sick monster stays away!! :sick:

Checking in - can't promise sound mind though. :rotfl2:

Haven't caught up - all three pages. :lmao: I guess we can file that under lazy. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter