In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Nancy, I am in the same boat! I'm not eating horrible, but still things that I know I can't, and just TOO MUCH in general. I'm still running 3x a week, which I'm grateful for b/c I've already gained almost 2 pounds just in the last week or so, I can't imagine what would happen if I wasn't exercising! I would suggest a challenge, but I don't seem to keep up well with those. Maybe if I HAD to check in twice a day to the thread or something? We could lean on each other??!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom about races/events! I don't even have one in mind, but I think I'm just frustrated with how I feel like I'm OLD. My body just isn't cooperating and for once I would like to run with no pain. This wart on my foot is killing me and I'm treating it, but it's slow and I'm an instant gratification kinda girl. :p I think I'll try and find a 5K for this fall since we aren't going to WDW until the end of Jan. now. I KNOW I can do it, I do it 3x's a week, it's just getting up the nerve to find one and sign up! :rolleyes:

I would suggest a challenge, but I don't seem to keep up well with those. Maybe if I HAD to check in twice a day to the thread or something? We could lean on each other??!!

Yes! Definitely. I think I'm going to set a daily goal. I'll post it in the morning and report back at the end of the day. Does that work for you? Today my goal is 60 minutes of exercise (I think I'm going to bike before the heat gets too overwhelming) and I'll add in thoughtful food choices. I'm not *exactly* sure what that means :laughing: I guess I want that to mean I'll plan out my meals/snacks rather than grab a handful of chips or whatever.

I'm an instant gratification kinda girl. :p

me too. I think that's one of the things that makes sticking to a plan so HARD for me sometimes!:upsidedow

Ok, YES! I think definitely checking in will be important to me. I'm the worst at night, so I think right in the middle of my cravings (usually around 7pm) I will do a daily check-in to report.

Today is an off day for running, so I will focus on eating SMALLER portions of the healthy choices I already know to eat. I had a banana and PB this morning, which isn't the best start (I'm a PB *hore) but I didn't have too much and if I stay on track the rest of the day, I will be good! :thumbsup2

sounds good to me. Our schedule is so whacky that we aren't eating dinner until 8:30 or 9:00. Today, with this 110* heat index, I have to go to a Farmers Market w/ my SIL from 3:30-6:30...in a toasty full-sun parking lot (yes, we have a tent, but that doesn't help with the days heat that radiates up from the pavement):headache: While I'm gone, Stephen will be baling hay - so if that job isn't done I'll have to help finish putting it in the barn :faint:

Heading out to bike now. While I'm out I'll figure out dinner so that I can have a plan in place!

Oh wait, this is a weight loss thread?? :laughing:

Doing pretty well here. I got both of my mid-week runs in, 2.5 each, and both of them I woke up before my alarm at about 6:15-6:25AM and got up and got it done. HOT as crap today - was 76 and 90% humidity when I finished, and 84 when I got in my car at 8AM. Whee.

I am down 16 lbs from re-start, and 21 lbs from my 2011 high weight, so all of that is good. Just continuing to plug away - plan my meals, pack bfast and lunch accordingly, eat at my desk, drink my water, get miles on my feet.

There is alcohol involved,though. :)

I am down 16 lbs from re-start, and 21 lbs from my 2011 high weight, so all of that is good. Just continuing to plug away - plan my meals, pack bfast and lunch accordingly, eat at my desk, drink my water, get miles on my feet.

that's so awesome Kat! Meal planning. That's my biggest fail.

Hi Everyone

The weather gods are smiling at the minute - cool weather, no rain - I hope it stays like this! T-50 minutes until I set off for the race!

Hope everyone has a great day :hippie:
j

First 5K - Done! :cool1:

The weather didn't hold out - it rained - but it was ok, not bad running in the rain at all because it wasn't cold, it was just right!

Finished in 36.49 minutes - the winner finished in 18!! :eek:

Had a great day, got some bling and raised money for a fantastic cause. All good!

I'm so sorry I missed all this Kelly. I was offline. The weather has been incredible although it is over a 100 here today. So besides today - nice. But I have been thinking of you.

So proud of you and congratulations. :dance3 Just thrilled for you!:

Oh wait, this is a weight loss thread?? :laughing:

Doing pretty well here. I got both of my mid-week runs in, 2.5 each, and both of them I woke up before my alarm at about 6:15-6:25AM and got up and got it done. HOT as crap today - was 76 and 90% humidity when I finished, and 84 when I got in my car at 8AM. Whee.

Fantastic Kat!!!! :thumbsup2

Waving the white flag in surrender here! :headache:

Help. I need help. I'm just a freakin' hot mess right now. Food is plentiful, alcohol is not being avoided and workouts are inconsistant. Water is, however, one thing that I seem to be doing ok on right now. That's probably due to the fact that we are currently sweltering in Satans Kingdom here :crazy2:

Every morning I wake up thinking "today will be better". And I make it until mid-afternoon when inevitably things start to unravel. I really need to take a hard look at what I'm doing between the hours of 2 pm and 8 pm and form a new strategy. <sigh>

Nancy :hug:

Well it's obviously something mental. :rotfl2: Well that didn't come out well. What's changed for you since you were at goal? Anything? I won't be of ANY help anyway since my thoughts are different.

Love to you. :love:

I went back to an hour Nancy. Got too scared with the half a pound. And that's why I hate the scale. It bullied me. :rotfl2:

I have more to say but I just can't seem to relax in the computer lab the same. Oh well....

Hello from the dungeon at work. I really want to see the sun. :) it is another triple digit heat index day here. Lunch is a pure protein bar, water and a diet coke. It is just too hot to eat. Nothing sounds good at all. I have a roasted veggie souffle (frozen ) waiting for me for dinner. I must figure out a taste alike recipe because they are too pricey for every day, but so yummy. I have to eating portion in check, but have to get back to exercise. The heat is supposed to break this weekend and I will have more time too. 4days in training plus having to maintain my workload means long nights.

I wish that heat made me un-hungry! I actually can't think of a SINGLE thing that makes me lose my appetite, isn't that crazy? I even eat when I'm sick!

Ok, so Nancy, I'm checking in! I've been good about my foods, had banana/PB run-in this am, veggie burger for lunch and salad for dinner! I'm good! Well, I have had a couple glasses of wine (can you tell?) ;) but I have no munched on anything, which is something that drinking alcohol leads me to do lately. So, there's my 7pm check-in! I think it actually kept me a little more inline today, so I'm planning on doing it daily.

Tomorrow morning I run. Wart be damned. (where's the smiley raising his fist to the sky???)

Karen - I just thought of something to help protect your wart (or at least avoid rubbing it) - Band Aid Advanced Healing Blister. They are pretty durable. It stayed in place during the half for me.

Thanks Amiee, that's a good idea! I had a couple "bandaids" that came with the previous wart remover I was using, that have a space and are padded, I am about to run out of those though, so I will look into the blister bandaids!

Nancy :hug:

Well it's obviously something mental. :rotfl2: Well that didn't come out well. What's changed for you since you were at goal? Anything? I won't be of ANY help anyway since my thoughts are different.

I know what you mean. And yes. I think that has something to do with it. But also - I never in a million years could have imagined that my life now would be significantly more insane than it was when my kids were little and I lost all that weight to begin with. Now? It's 10:15pm and we just finished dinner. Dishes not even done yet. Dinner. This afternoon I went to Market to sell the goat cheese, came home at 7:30ish to 2 wagons loaded with hay that needed to be unloaded. Unfortunately after spending 4 hours in the 100* plus heat, in a parking lot, on my feet, being freaking PERKY to people I was the *fresh legs* and ended up in the top of the loft stacking the hay. So yeah. There definitely is a mental piece, but the LIFE piece is just brutal most days.

I wish that heat made me un-hungry! I actually can't think of a SINGLE thing that makes me lose my appetite, isn't that crazy? I even eat when I'm sick!

I eat for any reason too Karen. :rolleyes1

Ok, so Nancy, I'm checking in! I've been good about my foods, had banana/PB run-in this am, veggie burger for lunch and salad for dinner! I'm good! Well, I have had a couple glasses of wine (can you tell?) ;) but I have no munched on anything, which is something that drinking alcohol leads me to do lately. So, there's my 7pm check-in! I think it actually kept me a little more inline today, so I'm planning on doing it daily.

Tomorrow morning I run. Wart be damned. (where's the smiley raising his fist to the sky???)

I did pretty well too. Got my exercise in - more than my goal actually. My bike route was just a bit longer than I had expected, so I was just over 70 minutes. Win. :thumbsup2 And, my food was mindful. I pretty much stuck to my planned food, even though we just finished dinner now. The only deviation at this point was 2 decent sized glasses of orange juice after I finished stacking the aforementioned hay. And yes, I too had cocktails while dinner was on the grill. Mojiots. With my son :rolleyes1

I am so not ready for it to be morning yet :laughing: Yesterday was tough! Today is shaping up to be a nasty one as well. The actual air temp is predicted to be 100*ish again with heat indexes a good 10* higher. And we have more hay to finish up :sad1:

So - my health goals for today will be simple. I want to get to the gym early this morning for a strength work out. Drink plenty of water and once again eat mindfully - form a plan and stick to it (even if not actually counting/tracking the calories).

One day a time. Heck, one HOUR at a time. We can get this done. :thumbsup2

We can indeed Nancy!!

Ramble time...

I have been barely hanging on lately on the life front - yesterday was get up at 6:30 and get in 2.5 hot icky miles, work 8 - 5:30, come home, shove down some dinner, and go appliance shopping since the dryer is dead dead dead.

We went to Worst Buy and HH Gregg and wound up just replacing the dryer (thought about a matching set and decided to be fiscally responsible), but also bought a relatively cheap chest freezer that we have had our eye on. Got home at 9:45, had a drink (yay!) and went to bed at 10:30. Whee.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 14 miles, but with 102+ and 115+ heat index predicted, I feel it will be more like 10. The plan is to meet at 5AM and do 4, then do the normal 10miler with the group at 6:30, but I think that 10-miler will be more like 6-8.

So, today will be work 8-5 (with a break to go get the dryer delivered), home, food, in bed by 8PM.

However, I find with so little extra time, if I plan my meals right, I just don't have time to think about eating poorly, so I guess that's a good thing? :)

However, I find with so little extra time, if I plan my meals right, I just don't have time to think about eating poorly, so I guess that's a good thing? :)

ahhh. The silver lining. :goodvibes If I were better at meal planning I think it would make so many other things easier. I need to work on that life skill.

Quick pop in. It continues to be stupid hot.

Kat said:
However, I find with so little extra time, if I plan my meals right, I just don't have time to think about eating poorly, so I guess that's a good thing?

YES!
MENU - We do so much better if we plan a menu (Saturday night) and shop for it (Sunday after church). We stick to it 80% of the time.

FREEZER - Kat, great work on the freezer! We got one a couple of years ago. It has been great for easy meals. I keep chicken tenders (the breasts can be ridiculously big), salmon (Costco, indiv portions, shrink pakaged), turkey burgers, tilapia and SKINNY COW ice cream sandwiches stocked. We also get the big flat bun packs and thin bagels at Costco. I also keep diced, rotisserie chicken on hand. I know it has WAY TOO MUCH sodium, but it is so easy for chicken salad. Finally there's always a box of thin crust pizzas at the ready. Those we dress up with extra onion, tomato and mushrooms (canned, 'cept for the onion and always on hand).

Running is ramping up. I'm around 10 miles/week. I need to start a marathon plan soon for the Disney full.

Kelly - congratulations, way late.

Ronda

I am here to lose 10-15 pounds. I am not really too much over weight just about that much overweight. I want ride down the east coast on my bike so that should help out as well. My ticker is her for it:

I am here. Sorry if the lettering can't be seen. Though the date may change to later not sure exactly yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter