Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

I agree! The party was a disaster. I would have liked to have been able to use my vouchers at a later date.

Does anyone have the email address to send our observations/suggestions/complaints to? Should it be sent to the general WDW one or to the race organizers?

The email address I would use is disneysports@emmi.com

To be honest though I would write a physical letter because I think it has more impact. If anyone is interested the address I would send it to is:

Event Marketing & Management Int'l.
Attn: Jon Hughes
1013 Montana St.
Orlando, FL 32803

We should have been able to use the vouchers later- that would've been great. I could barely stand the smell of food after the run, much less eat anything. And the lines...UGH. All I wanted to do was get in bed.

As far as expressing your thoughts to Disney, I agree we should write letters, but here's an interesting note: I do believe Disney reads DisBoards discussions. I shared this w/ some of you @ Boma, but for others, for a very long time when I went to log into my DVC account, **disboards member** appeared in pale gray in the password line. Hmmmmm...is the Mouse watching?

We should have been able to use the vouchers later- that would've been great. I could barely stand the smell of food after the run, much less eat anything. And the lines...UGH. All I wanted to do was get in bed.

As far as expressing your thoughts to Disney, I agree we should write letters, but here's an interesting note: I do believe Disney reads DisBoards discussions. I shared this w/ some of you @ Boma, but for others, for a very long time when I went to log into my DVC account, **disboards member** appeared in pale gray in the password line. Hmmmmm...is the Mouse watching?

I imagine there are some divisions of the company that read boards, the DIS included. The two I think are most likely are DVC and DCL. I'm not sure if Disney Sports or EMMI (which Jon, the race director, owns) would read here.

If they do I wish they would post to initiate some dialogue. While some places on the board would just turn into accusations and yelling I think most of the runners would be fair in their criticism and keep it all above the belt, just as they have in their reviews.

The email address I would use is disneysports@emmi.com

To be honest though I would write a physical letter because I think it has more impact. If anyone is interested the address I would send it to is:

Event Marketing & Management Int'l.
Attn: Jon Hughes
1013 Montana St.
Orlando, FL 32803

Thank you Frank.

I imagine there are some divisions of the company that read boards, the DIS included. The two I think are most likely are DVC and DCL. I'm not sure if Disney Sports or EMMI (which Jon, the race director, owns) would read here.

If they do I wish they would post to initiate some dialogue. While some places on the board would just turn into accusations and yelling I think most of the runners would be fair in their criticism and keep it all above the belt, just as they have in their reviews.

I would agree, in my short time on this part of the DIS, the folks here are rational and level headed and can give their opinions without being hateful, rash or derogatory.

The advice for mailing post race comments to EMMI is INCORRECT. The post race party would have been out of John’s control. A copy to EMMI would be appropriate but the letter should be addressed to either Disney Sports or Epcot.

Sorry but the proper place for that criticism lies with Disney Sports and with Epcot Management.
EMMI does not create the event nor do they have anything to do with the associated activities. All EMMI is responsible for is running the race. That would include obtaining permits, laying out the course, obtaining proper race supplies, ensuring the lighting was good and living within the budget received from Disney. So if you need to comment about the race course, the lighting, the bib or anything to do with seeding, or organization of the race proper the EMMI address is the correct address.

If you want to vent about the over-sold post race party the address is:

Disney Sports
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista
FL 32830

Epcot General Manager
1675 N Buena Vista Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Written mailed in comments are very appropriate and I would encourage anyone who was there to write.

The advice for mailing post race comments to EMMI is INCORRECT. The post race party would have been out of John’s control. A copy to EMMI would be appropriate but the letter should be addressed to either Disney Sports or Epcot.

Sorry but the proper place for that criticism lies with Disney Sports and with Epcot Management.
EMMI does not create the event nor do they have anything to do with the associated activities. All EMMI is responsible for is running the race. That would include obtaining permits, laying out the course, obtaining proper race supplies, ensuring the lighting was good and living within the budget received from Disney. So if you need to comment about the race course, the lighting, the bib or anything to do with seeding, or organization of the race proper the EMMI address is the correct address.

If you want to vent about the over-sold post race party the address is:

Disney Sports
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista
FL 32830

Epcot General Manager
1675 N Buena Vista Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Written mailed in comments are very appropriate and I would encourage anyone who was there to write.

Good point. I have some issues with both and wanted to get it all in one letter. I guess two will work better.

I was always under the impression that the RD would work very closely on all aspects of their race, including after parties like this or the concerts that the Rock N Roll series does. Maybe not plan and run them but have input to things.

I would hope they would act as an advocate for the people paying to run their race and if not plan it directly work with them on making sure the event is good all the way around for the participants. This should start at the registration process, go through the race and expo, and then continue to anything attached to the race, as this party was.

That is my opinion at least.

Good point. I have some issues with both and wanted to get it all in one letter. I guess two will work better.

I was always under the impression that the RD would work very closely on all aspects of their race, including after parties like this or the concerts that the Rock N Roll series does. Maybe not plan and run them but have input to things.

I would hope they would act as an advocate for the people paying to run their race and if not plan it directly work with them on making sure the event is good all the way around for the participants. This should start at the registration process, go through the race and expo, and then continue to anything attached to the race, as this party was.

That is my opinion at least.

Disney is very much team on planning and execution.... not so much on sharing complaints. Besides, one really wants to fill as many inboxes as legitimate with a complaint.

You are correct that EMMI, DS, WWos, AK and Epcot folks are a tight knit team. I just think that if one fails to point criticisms to the appropriate party it fails to carry the full impact.

If you think of the relationship between the parties you have three business groups under the WDW umbrella collaborating to hold an event or project for the benefit of the greater good of WDW (The W&D Race Weekend). These business groups do not have all the professional expertise required to execute every step of the project so they engage a consultant to design and execute a portion of the project (the race itself).

That is why I think anything not associated with the execution of the actual race (the parts you would find in the next race at home) EMMI is not the party to focus on. And really since the brand is Disney Sports all criticisms should head to DS first and copy any related party. That’s why a letter discussing the party should be addressed to DS and copy Epcot. A letter discussing the poor lighting should really be addressed to DS and copy EMMI. If one were to write only one letter, copying all would be acceptable, also.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Also, I know earlier in the thread there was discussion of whether the mouse is looking at the DIS Board... The simple asnwer is yes. Not every post, not all the time but you can bet they have reviewed this thread by now and have a flavor for how the hard core Disney fan feels about the event.

So just for yucks, I sent a note to runDisney and said as a veteran of Disney races, I was interested in next year's W&D, but that the feedback to this year's race was somewhat negative. I included the link to this thread. Here is the response I got.

Maura,

"Thank you for writing us, we are aware that there are some unhappy
guests from the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. With it being an Inaugural
Event we know there are definitely areas that can be improved upon for
next years race. We will do our best to improve upon all of these areas
and make it a more enjoyable race for all of our runners. Thank you
again for your input and we hope to see you out at the 2nd annual Wine
and Dine Half Marathon next October. Thank you"

Canned, yes; but they would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to see some of the flaws from this year's race. (Although with their experience from other races, one still must wonder why this one was so bad.)

So I still will put it on my list for next year---of course, I am not making ANY list til after Sunday's marathon. Bad ju-ju.

Well good news - I hope. If anyone is on facebook and a fan of runDisney, they put out a reply to all the comments about the race.

"Dear fans....

As a leader of Disney Sports and a runner myself, I want to thank everyone who came out to participate in our first Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon. We think we have the beginnings of a great event, but I must say we also learned a great deal. There are a number of areas where we have heard from you that need some attention, including bag drop-off and pick-up, the finish line experience, and long lines at the post-race party.

Please know that we've already begun planning the changes to make sure this race is something you will want to come back and do again. My team and I are personally committed to make every runDisney race the best it can be. Thanks for running with us."

Ken Potrock
SVP, Disney Sports

Did anyone else get the congratulatory e-mail from Disney with the link to the finishers certificate to print up -- and have the link not working?

The link worked for me and I was able to download my certificates.

I got two e-mails (one for me & one for DH) and for both I get an error message that the page is not found -- no fair!

The link still doesn't work but I went to the web site and was able to download the certificates...

It works for me. Here's the deal though. ASI took several pictures of me, most of them were okay. In one, I look terrible. Guess which one they use on my personal finisher's page? Did they have to use the worst picture? Any of the other 6 pictures would have been better. I think they did it on purpose.

It works for me. Here's the deal though. ASI took several pictures of me, most of them were okay. In one, I look terrible. Guess which one they use on my personal finisher's page? Did they have to use the worst picture? Any of the other 6 pictures would have been better. I think they did it on purpose.

In one of my pictures, I'm wiping my nose. :rotfl2:

The one they put on the direct link page for me I am in the background being obscured by a lady in the foreground. Kinda wish you could swap out the photo on that.

I'll admit I'm a bit glad that I'm not the only one they did that too. :rotfl: There were three pictures of me. Two I'm happy and smiling the other is an awful side view with my eyes shut. One guess which one they used on my finisher's page.

:sad2:

Mine was the picture taken with the Osborne Lights in the background. I thought that was the picture they would use for everyone since it is unique. If not I guess I just got lucky.

At least you are in the picture they used. In mine there is another gentleman with his last digit hidden by someone in front of him. So he is number 199X and they used that one for my picture as my bib # was 199.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter