Inflatable costume

Mdub1021

Mouseketeer
Does DCL allow inflatable costumes? My son really wants to bring this on our Halloween cruise, but I am not quite sure it’s something DCL would appreciate. Thoughts?IMG_7198.jpeg

Does DCL allow inflatable costumes? My son really wants to bring this on our Halloween cruise, but I am not quite sure it’s something DCL would appreciate. Thoughts?View attachment 791489
I saw a kid with that outside at Halloween once and he was having a terrible time walking. With the crowds, I think he would just be uncomfortable and also take up too much space in the elevator.

I don't know if you CAN wear it. However, you probably SHOULD NOT wear it. Way too bulky to be moving around on a crowded cruise ship.

I have never seen anyone wearing a costume like this. I agree it would be extremely challenging to move around in small, crowded spaces

Does DCL allow inflatable costumes? My son really wants to bring this on our Halloween cruise, but I am not quite sure it’s something DCL would appreciate. Thoughts?View attachment 791489
3 of my cruisemates kids had these and we went up to the sail away party. The CMs had a blast dancing with them and putting them on funnel vision. It was really cute.

I saw a kid when we were on the Fantasy for HOTHS - it was hilarious! I will say it looks a bit difficult to move around in but if you don't mind that (the cast members certainly didn't have a problem with it), then go for it!

From the DCL website:

Costumes – During themed cruises and onboard celebrations like Pirate Night, Guests are invited to dress in costume. We value safety and good judgment and ask Guests to choose costumes that are family friendly, not obstructive, objectionable, offensive or violent. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, please refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements. Masks that completely cover a person’s face may only be worn when standing still at character photo locations and must be carried when moving around the ship. Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs. Guests that fail to comply with these guidelines may be removed from events unless their costume can be modified.

From the DCL website:

Costumes – During themed cruises and onboard celebrations like Pirate Night, Guests are invited to dress in costume. We value safety and good judgment and ask Guests to choose costumes that are family friendly, not obstructive, objectionable, offensive or violent. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, please refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements. Masks that completely cover a person’s face may only be worn when standing still at character photo locations and must be carried when moving around the ship. Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs. Guests that fail to comply with these guidelines may be removed from events unless their costume can be modified.
Yes, we have this info. I just wasn’t sure DCL eojkd consider it “obstructive”.

I would be afraid of him tripping if trying to walk on the staircases while wearing that. The elevators are usually crowded enough so if he had that on in an elevator he's going to be taking up a lot of room. He would also be bumping into everyone in the hallways. It would also be very difficult to get around the CM carts in the cabin hallways. I would leave it at home.

I would be afraid of him tripping if trying to walk on the staircases while wearing that. The elevators are usually crowded enough so if he had that on in an elevator he's going to be taking up a lot of room. He would also be bumping into everyone in the hallways. It would also be very difficult to get around the CM carts in the cabin hallways. I would leave it at home.
I have to admit, if I encountered someone wearing one of these in one of the hallways near staterooms, I would probably be a bit annoyed. Those hallways are pretty narrow to begin with, and trying to navigate around someone wearing something big like that wouldn't be my favorite. Good point as well about taking up space in the elevator.

Maybe that makes me a bit of a fuddy dud. Not trying to run anyone's fun, I'm just not sure it's the smartest idea in certain areas of the ship.

I have to admit, if I encountered someone wearing one of these in one of the hallways near staterooms, I would probably be a bit annoyed. Those hallways are pretty narrow to begin with, and trying to navigate around someone wearing something big like that wouldn't be my favorite. Good point as well about taking up space in the elevator.

Maybe that makes me a bit of a fuddy dud. Not trying to run anyone's fun, I'm just not sure it's the smartest idea in certain areas of the ship.

I'm with you.

Not to mention there will likely be housekeeping carts out for evening service and those do take up some of the hallway - you may find yourself having to walk all around trying to find an empty hallway. And then hope you don't meet someone on a mobility device!

If the kid really wants to be a dinosaur on the cruise, I'd look into non-inflatable options for them for the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter