Info On Upgrading Unused Park Tickets to Annual Passes

We're only a few days away from the DVC sale date and still no official word from Disney on whether we'll be able to upgrade tickets. :/ Has anyone heard anything more? Anyone on site and asked GS?
We were just onsite and I spoke with several cast members both at park guest services, and member services. Essentially I received different information from each cast member I spoke with. I was considering upgrading our park hopper tickets to extend the days so we would have unused days within extended valid timeframe to 4/15 as we departed today and was hoping to be able to upgrade either on the app or by phone. My responses from cast members are below:

EPCOT GS: In person at guest services could upgrade a park hopper pass which had valid unused days to Sorcerer AP, but all adults would have to be onsite with ID. APs would then have the date of activation coincide with first date of use of park hopper ticket as long as not used during a block out date of new AP. CM did not think this could be done online or by phone and only if on-site. -

MK GS: May be able to upgrade, but nothing definitive. Email about upgrading will be sent to members before 4/13.

WDW ticketing questions online chat: this falls outside their algorithm, suggested calling Dvc Member Services. They believed completely unused passes may be able to be upgraded to AP, but not necessarily partially used pass with remaining dates and within usable days.

Member Services: they have not received any information on if/how the process of upgrading tickets would work. She said an email would be sent to members prior to 4/13 about this.

In light of this uncertainty, and the variable responses, we chose not to upgrade park hopper tickets beyond what we needed for this trip. It would have been nice to apply the amount of our 3 day PH to an AP, but to do so we would have had to extend to 5 day PH and I didn’t want to lose the additional money needed to do this since we wouldn’t be using the additional days, given the degree of uncertainty.

I realize this doesn’t offer much clarity, but I just wanted to share what I had heard from different CMs both with GS on site and over the phone/chat

Looks like even though I've got the change ticket option that I cannot upgrade online. I can't even see the option to outright buy a sorcerer's pass online. Guess I will have the wonderful experience of making a phone call later today.

Looks like even though I've got the change ticket option that I cannot upgrade online. I can't even see the option to outright buy a sorcerer's pass online. Guess I will have the wonderful experience of making a phone call later today.

Same. Was so hoping we'd be able to do it online

No upgrading online for me either. But that has a
ways been the case.

Successfully purchased two Sorcerer’s APs, applying the value of unused 5-day park hoppers to the purchase price. I had to call 407-939-7702. This is an AP-specific phone number. Quoted hold time was 90 minutes (5 minutes after this phone line opened for business). Actual hold time was 55 minutes. Cast member confirmed DVC eligibility (we are 2001 resale purchasers, so DVC-Y) and other demographic information for two passholders and completed the purchase in a total of about 10 minutes.

I was able to upgrade our partially used 6 day PH tickets to AP’s in person at Guest Services in Epcot! It took a bit for them to do but was easy, and they credited the value of the PH tickets. Went at around 2 pm, no line for anything. So happy we happened to be on site and was able to avoid the delays.

I was able to upgrade our partially used 6 day PH tickets to AP’s in person at Guest Services in Epcot! It took a bit for them to do but was easy, and they credited the value of the PH tickets. Went at around 2 pm, no line for anything. So happy we happened to be on site and was able to avoid the delays.

That is great news for all of their people there now who want them!!! Congratulations!!

Tickets no longer bridge to current value. Ever since WDW shifted to date-based tickets, tickets only carry the value of the price Disney sold that ticket on the date you bought it (or if bought prior to 2017, credit will be the 2016 prices).

If partially used they cannot be upgraded. If fully unused you may be able to upgrade them, but be aware as noted above you won't get "current" value. They are likely much more valuable to use as-is, especially if they hold the non-expiring option to use over multiple visits.
I have NE PH tickets originally purchased in 2001. We added on days to make them 10-day tickets and still have 5-6 days left per ticket. Any way to find out how much value they would have toward an AP?

I had to call, too, to upgrade my Park Hoppers. The Cast Member mentioned that I could have upgraded my tickets through My Disney Experience. I don't think anyone had success upgrading online. So much for what the CM previously told me.

I have NE PH tickets originally purchased in 2001. We added on days to make them 10-day tickets and still have 5-6 days left per ticket. Any way to find out how much value they would have toward an AP?
Probably non-upgradeable. Generally MYW tickets had to be upgraded within 14 days of first use even if there are still valid entitlements left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter