~ Info on Waco, TX Please ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
Hello friends. I will be spending a couple of nights in Waco, Texas this next fall. Is there a part of town to avoid? For example is Waco North safer for travelling alone compared to Waco South?

Any other advice is welcomed. Thank you!!

I have a bunch of friends that live and teach there and I'm not sure if there is anywhere that would be worth visiting that would also be in a dangerous area. So unless you really like to wander when you go visit somewhere you probably won't find yourself in any where really bad. Waco is a pretty safe town that just makes it into the media due to 2 bad incidents.

I used to live in Waco and still travel there for work. South Waco is a better area for the most part.

I grew up in the suburbs of Waco and went to both college and law school there. I agree with the earlier comment that any of the spots you would want to visit in Waco are for the most part in pretty safe areas. I wouldn't worry much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts