Inside Out

I liked Inside Out and I do miss it.
The Disney Channel is such a waste now. When I first subscribed, it had great stuff--Lawrenceville Stories, Friendship in Vienna, etc etc.etc
Now--it's ZOOG DISNEY etc etc etc. Pathetic!!

Uncleromulus, I generally regard your food reviews with honor, but your opinion of the Disney Channel is...Well, wrong.:D The Disney Channel is absolutely superb. It is probably one of the best arms Disney has going and the kids love it (regardless of what oldsters think of "zoog").

The Disney Channel is producing FANTASTIC quality 'made for' movies that are not only educational but still about doing the right thing. The series they have like Even Stevens & Lizzie McGuire are tremendous.

While we do miss Inside Out, the rest of the programming is on an "UP" at the Disney Channel right now...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I too loved that show! I'd get so excited when it was on, I'd race to a quiet room even if we had people over (sorry, rude, I know, but too bad! it was WDW for heavens sake!) and watch every minute. I have a great idea! I'LL be the host!!! I'm perfect, trust me! ;)

Sorry Crook, I have to agree with the uncle here. Zoog is a tremendous waste of time and space. It was good, then Zoog developed into a nightime thing, 8pm-10pm. Then it slowly invaded the rest of the channel, slowly, and viciously choking off Inisde Out and other good programs. I now like ABC Family and think Disney should use it causisouly. They should put some old shows up there along with some new ones. Put some reruns of The Mole, Alias, Who's Line, The Practace, and others and you've got an excelent TV channel.

LOL Lesley, I was a faithful Thunder in Paradise watcher!! :) I loved watching just to see the Grand Floridian in the background, and to guess where there were in WDW!! What fun! But then again, I now watch Denise Austin just to see one of the Disney resorts in the background, too. :D
I loved Inside Out. I guess they just ran out of new and exciting things to show us. Too bad. I really enjoyed that show. :)

Oh, I didn't say we didn't watch Thunder in Paradise regularly...we did....it was like a game...where is this? :D But that was the whole appeal of the show. I can't recall a single plot, just lots of boats flying around Bay Lake!

What is Tunder in Paradise??

Real late at night or early moring on the Disney Channel they have a Wonderfull World of Disney Program and Sometime I catch I real old story about disneyland, It is in black and white. I like to watch that one. I think they might have another that was filmed in the 70's.

I wish Disney Channel would play more disney movie. and stuff about all the parks, cause right now it is geared for teenager (that is what soap operas are doing and same with the mall here there is only two childrens clothing stores and around 10 for teenager, so are the movies. It is a teenage world..) Everything is being turned over to the teenagers (im not saying anything bad about teenager, but adult do like to do stuff too.

now back to the point. Disney need a channel for there parks and about the Mouse want happened to the Mouse. He is hardly ever on a disney Channel..

Inside Out was a great oppurtunity for Disney to showcase their resorts. I have been asked many times "why do you pay so much to stay at a Disney resort". If Disney did a better job of showcasing the whole WDW experience I think the increased revenue would far outweigh the small cost of a production like Inside out.
If they have trouble with new ideas..... I am available as a consultant

I liked this show too, but toward the end it just didn't seem to be working. It seemed to have turned from a behind-the-scenes-of-Disney show to a big infomerical for the Disney Institute. It got to where I would only watch about 10 minutes because JD Roth learning how to rock climb again could only be so exciting.

jadedee,
Thuner in Paradise was a short lived action show starring Terry "Hulk" Hogan, Carol Alt and Chris Lemmon. While cheesy, it was entertaining and, more importantly, gave us a chance to see where they filmed scenes at WDW (Typhoon Lagoon, MGM Studios, Team Disney Building, Grand Floridian, etc.). The pilot to the show is available on video. It was produced by the same people that do "Baywatch". I have this show to thank for a trip to WDW in 1994. We stayed at the Old Key West Resort (known then as the Vacation Club Resort since the DVC was just getting off the ground). I got to tour part of the soundstage they were shooting on and watch them do a few takes. Not exciting in itself, but the trip was great!

Like others, I miss Inside Out as well. I think Disney could do an updated version and put it on during Vault Disney or something. They could even tweak the old episodes and nobody would know the difference. They would have to add new footage since things have changed over the years (they promoted the "soon to open" Test Track for a long time, if I recall correctly). Plus that show had some of the coolest aerial shots of the WDW property!

Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel would be good for a revised Inside Out. She actually did a few episodes of Great Hotels recently on the Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Beach Club Resort (one 30 min episode per hotel). They repeat them periodically, so check the Travel Channel program listings for details when they may air again).

I loved that show........There were always interesting facts that they would throw out that I didn't know. I would tape it if I was going to miss it. I enjoyed seeing the construction and the new attractions - it would fill the void until my next trip.

As for Thunder in Paradise.....um....well.....ALRIGHT - I watched it. I would get a kick out of hearing the Train in the background as they filmed a beach scene at the GF. I was always trying to figure out where the outside shots were taken from.

Bring back something to help my addiction....:jester:

I also loved Inside Out.

Seems to me to be pretty cheap programming to fill up some time, and I mean that in a good sense.

I'm glad to see so many people felt the same way about Inside Out as me. I only hope someone from the Disney Channel is viewing these posts.

HOW FUNNY that I was just trying to remember the name of that show the other day! I LOVED that show! I wish they would at least bring it on in reruns and I would tape every one of them!

I even wish I could get the Resort TV at home. I love the Zip a Dee Doo Dah Tip for Today! :-)

Angie

Disney transportation is complimentary for resort guests.

Too bad Disney transportation wasnt complimentary to and from Michigan.
This snow is really getting to me !

You can get the **TIP FOR TODAY**! Go to DisneyDreams.net and click on Sounds/Video. Then the top two links are the resort TV with the Zip-A-De-Do-Da-Zipp-a-de-day!

Before we had the Disney Channel (and a dish), I used to LIVE for those special preview weekends when it was free on cable. I would faithfully determine exactly WHEN "Inside Out" was on so we didn't miss our chance to see it.

I was SO disappointed when we got our dish (with the Disney Channel) and found that the show was GONE from the line-up!:(

I'm really surprised that they don't run SOMETHING about the parks. Free advertising, after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter