Insomnia anyone?

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
any fellow insomniacs around? I have a few mental health diagnoses and one of them includes episodes of major depression... usually when those hit insomnia comes calling and lasts for a few weeks.... I've been awake nearly 24 hours and have two little kids to look after 😮‍💨

any fellow insomniacs around? I have a few mental health diagnoses and one of them includes episodes of major depression... usually when those hit insomnia comes calling and lasts for a few weeks.... I've been awake nearly 24 hours and have two little kids to look after 😮‍💨
My insomnia comes in waves, stress doesnt help. I try to cope by being quiet for the housemates or trying to get something done (work out in the basement).

Lifelong sufferer here - CALM app with their sleep stories or music was major help to me ! I used to take Excedrin PM but rarely need it anymore
Since I filed for divorce I’ve rarely needed the app
I’ve only had about 3 nights in last 6 months where I could not sleep - last night being one of them
Stress plays a major role in this - regardless of it I’m aware of it or not
I encourage you to try to app - it’s got a lot of things on it to help you daily deal with stress and become more at peace
I wish you wellness & good luck I hope you can find something that works - I’ve been where you are and know how draining that can be ! Good Luck !! Please report back how you are doing !!!

I have no serious mental problems but do suffer from insomnia now and then. I was even prescribed sleeping pills (Doxepin) but having read about possible side effects, I try to avoid taking them. Following a strict sleeping schedule, exercise, eat healthy and walk more definitely help but unfortunately, it is not always possible to follow these rules.

Last edited:

Honestly the Sleepy Bookshelf podcast has been a lifesaver! Her voice and timbre (that might not be the word im looking for) relax my brain!

Started chemo this month and it's really messing with my sleep. I can still fall asleep, but I'm awake and tossing starting at 3-4am. Gave up and woke up at 4:45 today but no idea what to do with myself now! I've got a solid 3 hours before the rest of the house stirs...

Started chemo this month and it's really messing with my sleep. I can still fall asleep, but I'm awake and tossing starting at 3-4am. Gave up and woke up at 4:45 today but no idea what to do with myself now! I've got a solid 3 hours before the rest of the house stirs...
:hug:

I have very bad insomnia, PTSD related I am sure. My mind just won’t stop at night. I take zopiclone, and it helps a lot, but lately less. I sympathize with you all

I know this sounds strange but one nostril breathing (not yogic breathing which involves both sides) might help.

Apparently it balances the brain for sleep. Heard it from an osteopath.

Pick one nostril only. Does not matter which one. Just do not switch sides. Close one side breathe deeply in and out of the open nostril. Ten times.

She also suggests -

*Try fake yawns - ten times.
*Inside of wrist - middle area accupressure spot to push on

(I do not suffer from it anymore after I found out and got treatment for Pernicious Anemia (b12 deficiency) and thyroid issues. Just putting that out there in case that comes up for anyone.)

I am so sorry for those that suffer, it affects so much.

Must be something about the number 10
I will take 10 deep breathes to get oxygen in my brains and then blink my eyes 10 times …
I think women train themselves to listen for the sound of their baby crying and it lasts a lifetime…or any type of noise in the night.

I never thought I clenched my teeth but dentist wants me to use the upper fit dental mold piece and it might help me sleep.

Ill try anything to sleep.

Another life long sufferer here. My trick is melatonin and sleep headphones. I used to listen with just regular headphones, but the pushing in my ear would wake me up (grrr - I just fell asleep!). So my therapist suggested sleep headphones and they are wonderful! It looks sort of like a running headband, but with flat speakers inside. Sometimes I don't even listen to music, just having them on my head is nice.

Has anyone tried a weighted blanket? I've seen them advertised and always wondered about them, but never taken the plunge.

Me, too. I take Ambian and Hydroxizine together (prescribed) and STILL don't sleep through the night.

I've been prescribed just about everything, used the apps, etc. And nothing helps much.

Ugh!

Another life long sufferer here. My trick is melatonin and sleep headphones. I used to listen with just regular headphones, but the pushing in my ear would wake me up (grrr - I just fell asleep!). So my therapist suggested sleep headphones and they are wonderful! It looks sort of like a running headband, but with flat speakers inside. Sometimes I don't even listen to music, just having them on my head is nice.

Has anyone tried a weighted blanket? I've seen them advertised and always wondered about them, but never taken the plunge.
The weighted blanket made me feel like an elephant was on my chest. We literally threw ours away:(

Warning about Melatonin - it is counter indicated in hypothyroidism. Medastim was a good supplement for hypothyroid (took in the past), I take Adrenevive now. Free T3 needs to be measured (I take liothyronine (T3) in addition to levothyroxine (T4) meds).

There is blue/green light therapy which I’ve used off/on

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FYK5MNG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/Ortho-Molecu...mzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

I have to drink 2 cups of caffeine (1 coffee in the afternoon) during the day to feel tired enough around midnight.

I take Olly stress pills (gummies don’t have ashwagandha) when stressed and drink Tulsi+Peppermint tea. Liquid IV for restless legs and muscle cramps; Activene for any muscle/osteoarthritis pain. I like temple spa products - esp. quietude and blissed out set

I take lotus blooming herb products off and on (jam used to be available on Amazon) - enhances mood.

https://lotusbloomingherbs.com/

Last edited:
I get it every so often so I have found taking about 750mg of Magnesium really helps. Hope you all get a good restful sleep!

I get it every so often so I have found taking about 750mg of Magnesium really helps. Hope you all get a good restful sleep!
Do you take this with your meals? Before & how long before going to bed? TIA.

I used to take Calm Magnesium powder (recommended by my Chiropractor; Calm gummies for kids are good but they do harden overtime).

I would still get muscle cramps even while using pedialyte. Everyone is different. For me liquid IV had the right electrolytes eventhough it has sugar (necessary ingredient for absorption even for diabetics-I give 1/2 a packet to my mom).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter