Inspired by the strong stomachs thread...

Barbruka,

Actually, I have tried the echinacea thing and it seems to help a little. I use it in combination with Vitamin C -- I don't start the echinacea 6 weeks ahead like you were told (although it may work -- it seems to lose it's effect with me after about two weeks, so I generally start taking 2 tablets three times a day about a week before we leave and cut it down to 2 twice per day after the first 4 days and down to just 2 tablets once a day after another 4 days -- I use this method based on what a homeopathic nurse had me when I had repeated mastitis after the birth of my youngest).

I do NOT give the echinacea to my kids, though, and also be aware that if you are allergic to ragweed you may not do well with it. I am allergic to ragweed, but not to daisies, which I think are the main culprit with echinacea. Read the labels, ask your doctor. Also, the zinc, vitamin C, and especially water ideas are all good ones!

I thought it was the "Golden Seal" in combination with the echinacea theat was the ragweed part. If you buy the echinacea w/out golden seal, shouldn't it be fine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter