Interactive wands?

Thanks for all the input everyone. After I asked, my school was looking for a supervisor for a hockey game that just happens to pay $50. My first thought was, "Well, that will pay for the wand." She is excited :-) We are putting away 'found' money for the trip, so that will head straight to the box. We will have three adults and a 10 year old. I'd guess we will all try the spells, but share one wand. We may not bring it every day, but it sounds like it will be fun.

It depends how many days you will be there and how much time the kids want to stand in line while others try to use their wands. Plus then you already see what happens. I went with my niece (11) and nephew (9) a couple months ago. Their parents bought them both wands. My niece would not ride any coasters so it gave her something to do while her brother was on the coasters. My nephew really had no interest in it and has not even looked at it since they got home. Too bad they don't have a wand rental program or some kind of toys you can buy to use the wands at home. I'm sure the wand controlled toys will come out soon.

My friends who are adults and are also not obsessive fans (unlike me) got interactive wands on our last trip and they seemed to enjoy them. Considering it's only a few dollars more for an interactive wand, you might as well get one if you want one and do not already have one. The only reason why I never got one is, because I already spent the money to get a wand when they originally came out when the park first opened and I do not know if I can really afford to splurge for an interactive wand, especially when I've seen it done so many times.

However, even without it, it's still magical to see some of the reactions to people's faces upon seeing the "magic" happen. I may not have one, but I still get to enjoy the reactions to those who never experienced the magic and although I wish I had one and was able to do it myself, I feel like it's okay when I see how people respond to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter